Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Temptation

Their genes aren't at all european/caucasian, they are black. This is a unfair genetical advantage for France. Others have black or mixed skin coulour players too but not almost their entire starting lineup.
How many WCs does the African continent have with their "unfair genetical advantage"?

Andresito

Staff member
Their genes aren't at all european/caucasian, they are black. This is a unfair genetical advantage for France. Others have black or mixed skin coulour players too but not almost their entire starting lineup.
So it's ok for Spain to have Yamal and Nico in the lineup but for France it's too many. Where is the line?
UEFA should enforce a rule that max 3 players can be black because otherwise it's "unfair" or what?

Like Temp said, where is this genetical advantage coming from? How does it show on the pitch?

FC B

So it's ok for Spain to have Yamal and Nico in the lineup but for France it's too many. Where is the line?
UEFA should enforce a rule that max 3 players can be black because otherwise it's "unfair" or what?

Like Temp said, where is this genetical advantage coming from? How does it show on the pitch?
It's not ok, it's just less.

Imo there is nothing to be done now, the harm has already been done.

The advantage is richer countries attract much more genetical diversity, especially when close to poorer regions just like in the case of France/Africa.

Andresito

Staff member
It's not ok, it's just less.

Imo there is nothing to be done now, the harm has already been done.

The advantage is richer countries attract much more genetical diversity, especially when close to poorer regions just like in the case of France/Africa.
If that's the case then Sweden should be top of FIFA rankings. There's nothing really that proves this "genetical diversity" is of any advantage at all. How genetically diverse were Argentina and Italy when they won WC and Euros?

You take an African kid and train him in Barcelona and apparently he becomes some superhuman footballing genius. Wait maybe that's what we're doing with Yamal.. hmm.

Temptation

Interesting point. But aren't we stereotyping races a bit too much here?

Dinho was black and was known for his technique, skills, talent. Same with Okocha. It's not like all black players are recruited only for their physical ability.

Genetical diversity: Is this the reason why Brazil is the most successful Footballing powerhouse ever? Brazil is a melting pot of races and has numerous white, black and Amerindian people and even more number of mixed people who are biracial/triracial. Castizos, Mestizos, Harnizos, etc. Fascinating that your point about France immediately got me to think about Brazil and their genetical diversity.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

FC B

I don't know but I reckon Brazil has always had such genetical variation in their players and France may not have ben the case but I haven't got the time to check that atm, just speculating.

Nonetheless, fundamentally it's just about tastes, I would dislike Germany as much if they had 8-9 of their starting players from China let's say.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Never seen the media lick anyone's hole like they do 'CR7', they even artificially put him in a debate with Messi. Yet he and his fans think the system is against him :ROFLMAO:This is a guy who won a Ballon d'or after voting was closed because he and his fans cried. He's very fortunate to be rated as highly as he is in the media. Some delusion in here from his insane, victim complex fans for sure.

As for tonight - Belgium seriously need to improve, but then so do France, But France have mastered the art of playing badly and winning.

I would like Slovenia to cause an upset but don't think it will happen.

soul24rage

Never seen the media lick anyone's hole like they do 'CR7', they even artificially put him in a debate with Messi. Yet he and his fans think the system is against him :ROFLMAO: He's very fortunate to be rated as highly as he is in the media. Some delusion in here from his insane,victim complex fans for sure.
True, it's mostly Messi that had to work very hard to achieve his goals even when he had the system, media and Papa Perez clearly against him throughout his entire career. Imagine how much more he could have achieved if he were carried. :valverde2:

Maradona37

True, it's mostly Messi that had to work very hard to achieve his goals even when he had the system, media and Papa Perez clearly against him throughout his entire career. Imagine how much more he could have achieved if he were carried. :valverde2:
Exactly, his fans are insane. Ronaldo gets a VERY easy ride from the media and press. All he has to do is score a strike in the box after being terrible all game and they froth at the mouth over him.

Even watching games over the years, the focusing in on Ronaldo at the anthems or in the lineups in club football, and the arse-licking of him during games is like nothing I have seen for any other player. And he really doesn't warrant it, especially now when he's rubbish and a past it geriatric.

I'd rather ignore him, but it's laughable coming online to see one of his persecution complex fans in particular talking about him like he's this great underdog story. It's pathetic actually. Such insecurity. And he says he and Ronaldo are alphas :ROFLMAO:

Home of Barca Fans