Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

I'd agree it's bad for national sentiment. It's better for people to try to assimilate, even if isn't working.

Though that then opens up the question of is nationalism or patriotism itself a bad thing? I don't think it is, but others might argue it is.

Nationalism is a great thing.

Maradona37

Nationalism is a great thing.
Fair enough. Nationalism is something I believe can be a very good and uniting force, yes.

However, I am playing devil's advocate. Many people would argue that nationalism is terrible as is the concept of segregating the planet into geographically and politically defined borders. I am not one of them, just saying that there's always going to be opposition from everywhere.

Maradona37

Time for England to crash out, 2-1 switzerland
I am hoping I have jinxed them.

Normally when predict a team I dislike to lose, they end up winning. I have gone for an England win today.

Of course what I predict has zero bearing on the final result. But still.

Gnidrologist

Do you have any comments on why humanity is like that? Do you think it's a natural facet of the human psyche? To be prejudiced towards or suspicious towards that which is different? Do you believe your comments are a natural response to what you see as their degenerate behaviour? I guess you'd argue you aren't racist, and that you are simply reacting to the way they behave.
Yes, pretty much. It's nature 101. And no, i'm not arguing that i'm not racist. Being racist is the default state of human condition. The current artificial brainwash of the whites is aberration that leads to slow suicide by invaders, who have retained their tribalism in tact.
Maybe I am just naive and idealistic, but I dream of a world where people accept one another, regardless of creed, gender, sexuality etc. It would be a much better planet. It isn't fair to stereotype others.
I was like that in my youth too. It doesn't work, unfortunately.

Maradona37

Yes, pretty much. It's nature 101. And no, i'm not arguing that i'm not racist. Being racist is the default state of human condition. The current artificially brainwash of the whites is aberration that leads to slow suicide by invaders, who have retained their tribalism in tact.

I was like that in my youth too. It doesn't work, unfortunately.
Ok, well I won't pretend that some of your terminology hasn't made me feel uncomfortable. But you have explained your thinking. I still think you shouldn't use some of the pejoratives you do, though.

The thing is I am not young. But I am starting to think I have just been hopelessly naive all this time. All of the wars and animosity around the world tells me many others see it the way you do.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I believe England going to play really well this game, so the hopes will up up for the Semis.
In the Semis they will crash out. LELE

Birdy

Better from Southgate.

Would have chosen Arnold over Trippier and Palmer over Foden

GRz-u1facAErdcp

GRz-u07XsAA14EC

The terrorist still plays TRIPPIER FFS

Home of Barca Fans