Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gnidrologist

It's not the same as horses and dogs are different species. A better explanation is if cultures are insular and white germanics and non-germanics tend to not interact as much, sticking to their own bubbles even inside Germany. I haven't been to Germany and have no idea how much this is true. But what you're saying just fails as an analogy
Yeah, like horses and dogs also tend to stick to their insular specie groups and don't interact much. There's not a single evidence suggesting people are different. There's zero assimilation going on in European lands that welcomed all these third worlders. They've stayed to their devices and their wild behavior tells as much. There's zero respect for local customs, laws and culture from them. Zero humility and gratitude. They want to turn these new lands into same shitholes they came from and they have been very bold in saying as much openly.

Maradona37

I wrote an essay on it once. I came to the conclusion that homogeneity is a bad thing, and it's better if people and cultures mix to become more tolerant of each other.

It does seem like when cultures mix, there's a lot of aggression. But I am an idealist and I like to believe that tolerance grows as people spend more time with 'the other' and realise that - ultimately - we are all people and have the same common interests - a comfortable life, friends, and family. You get good and bad people in every culture.

Maradona37

This whole forum is racist including the uneducated admins.
Someone needs to do something about this!
Some of the stuff that is written is pretty bad. It shocks me enough and I am a white straight Northern European male. I can only imagine what a black person or an ethnic minority person feels.

Gnidrologist

I wrote an essay on it once. I came to the conclusion that homogeneity is a bad thing, and it's better if people and cultures mix to become more tolerant of each other.
Just means you haven't been reading up on history at all. The exact opposite happens. Always. Balkanization, inner strife, civil wars.

Maradona37

Just means you haven't been reading up on history at all. The exact opposite happens. Always. Balkanization, inner strife, civil wars.
I know that happens often, that is why I said aggression takes place.

But, like I say, I like to think things can be different. And sometimes they can be.

People shouldn't hate each other for their differences. It's insane.

Gnidrologist

Some of the stuff that is written is pretty bad. It shocks me enough and I am a white straight Northern European male. I can only imagine what a black person or an ethnic minority person feels.
They feel very comofrtable in the West. Much more than in their own shitholes they fled from. Free money, free housing, no pressure to work or accept local customs, only get laughable punishments for crimes, no matter how serious and bunch of white cucks coddling and pampering them like little irresponsible children to no end. If they don't like "raycisc" they can go back to their mud shacks any time. Wonder why they never do.

Gnidrologist

But, like I say, I like to think things can be different. And sometimes they can be.

Tell that to all these migrants committing violence against locals on daily basis.

Maradona37

You can't tar them all with the same brush though. There are decent immigrants too. Just like there are degenerate indigenous people in European countries.

I know you will say that the general rule is that immigrants are a lot worse.

Birdy

Yeah, like horses and dogs also tend to stick to their insular specie groups and don't interact much. There's not a single evidence suggesting people are different. There's zero assimilation going on in European lands that welcomed all these third worlders. They've stayed to their devices and their wild behavior tells as much. There's zero respect for local customs, laws and culture from them. Zero humility and gratitude. They want to turn these new lands into same shitholes they came from and they have been very bold in saying as much openly.

Different human races belong to the same species. You have to go back to school and learn some biology

The fact that there is insufficient assimilation in European lands of course is a problem, but you seem to believe that that is the outcome of genetics...

Birdy

It does seem like when cultures mix, there's a lot of aggression. But I am an idealist and I like to believe that tolerance grows as people spend more time with 'the other' and realise that - ultimately - we are all people and have the same common interests - a comfortable life, friends, and family. You get good and bad people in every culture.

aggression stems from being hostile to what is different.
multi-culturalism needs basic tolerance towards the different to work

Jenks

You don't need to hate your neighbours to think that inviting them to come and live with you is a bad idea though. There is no historical precedent for a native people being made minorities in their own homeland and it not resulting in war, oppression, slavery or genocide.

Sorry to go so wildly off-topic but Europe is sleep-walking toward catastrophe and it can't be spoken about enough!

Maradona37

aggression stems from being hostile to what is different.
multi-culturalism needs basic tolerance towards the different to work
That was my point. I know that in many cases, mixing hasn't worked.

But I retain faith in humanity that people can begin to 'accept' (not that they need accepting) those who are different - whether they are black, gay, disabled, whatever.

I don't think it's fair to hate someone for physical or biological characteristics and ascribe negative character traits to them as a result.

Maradona37

You don't need to hate your neighbours to think that inviting them to come and live with you is a bad idea though. There is no historical precedent for a native people being made minorities in their own homeland and it not resulting in war, oppression, slavery or genocide.

Sorry to go so wildly off-topic but Europe is sleep-walking toward catastrophe and it can't be spoken about enough!
I do get your point to a degree. The level of immigration is a problem maybe.

I just don't think it's right to HATE people because they come to your country or because of their ethnicity or biology or gender or sexuality. I don't mean you here, I mean for anyone to do so. Plenty of people come to the UK because they weren't lucky enough to be born in a developed country. They just wanna keep their heads down and have a decent life for their family.

I agree there's no historical precedent where immigration flourishes, though.

Morten

Funny comment on reddit, "imagine if France wins the Euros, and UEFA has to make a highlight compilation of their tournament, it will just be Kante, Tchouameni and Rabiot winning the ball back, and then it cuts of before nothing comes out of it".

Home of Barca Fans