Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

That would never been a penalty an year or so ago... I don't even try to understand the rules nowadays...

BTW, our commentator in BG just said Mainoo is the youngest player to play in a big tournament semifinal game... I mean, have you not watched the match yesterday hahahah
Think this is more of it; the rules are so unclear and ambiguous and it is made up as they go along. Some VAR teams call for a review and some don't on an incident like that. It's just pointless trying to understand what is a penalty and what isn't these days when the laws are so unclear and changed so often.

Admittedly though I am better at analysing tactics and players than refereeing decisions - but still.

Maradona37

Guys/girls - I haven't followed all the talk surrounding England, but why didn't Southgate bring Grealish? Like what??? He's your best player with Foden?!
Grealish is a knob, but I agree he should be playing at this tournament. He had a bad season though and has been dropped because of form. But he offers something in tight spaces and playmaking that a lot of Ennglish players don't.

Jenks

If the ref tells VAR that he saw no contact then they basically have advise him to have a look at it, and once he does, what else is he going to do? I think the fact that it was somewhat studs first made his decision for him.

Maradona37

If the ref tells VAR that he saw no contact then they basically have advise him to have a look at it, and once he does, what else if he going to do? I think the fact that it was somewhat studs first made his decision for him.
Yeah once he goes to the monitor it is 99 percent being given.

I agree it's studs up, but it still feels soft really. Maybe that is modern football though.

To be fair I get annoyed when penalties get given for tiny handballs or slight brushes on players in the box when they have nowhere near a goalscoring opportunity too.

Porque

Yeah once he goes to the monitor it is 99 percent being given.

I agree it's studs up, but it still feels soft really. Maybe that is modern football though.

To be fair I get annoyed when penalties get given for tiny handballs or slight brushes on players in the box when they have nowhere near a goalscoring opportunity too.

Thing is it is impossible to block with studs down.

So ref has to use his intelligence and decide if Dum with going towards the ball or across the ball.

If it's the latter then any contact us a foul from Kane.

DHorozov

If the ref tells VAR that he saw no contact then they basically have advise him to have a look at it, and once he does, what else is he going to do? I think the fact that it was somewhat studs first made his decision for him.
I guess you haven't seen a lot of La Liga recently... refs are going to the monitor just to say "f**k" you I was right most of the times, even though they were clearly wrong... if this var is going to last some strict rules needs to be attached to it... otherwise it is always going to be up to referee's ego and so far in Spain this is not working at all... I don't really care about the rest honestly...

I guess this is work in progress but as of right now it is a clear shot show

Home of Barca Fans