Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pissed as most guys with England undeservedly in final but it was a shit Euro in terms of quality anyway and particularly weak in their bracket.

Holland can be very happy with how far they came with that poor team. And as the final goes Spain should take it easily.

Rory

Always refs fault against Netherlands tbf, cried about it in 2010 World Cup final, 2022 quarter final, today is just another

Maradona37

Ref was shocking too. I am not gonna get into the penalty again but he penalised the Dutch for winning the ball and getting through on goal a couple of times. And just generally let snide fouls by England go.

He's German so probably anti-Dutch :lol: Though they're not fond of England either lol.

Last edited:

Morten

Absolute shithouse of a match and why so negative from Koeman?
Great finish by Watkins but England are dire. I hope they get torched by Spain. England have no footballing identity. Them winning would be a travesty for football.

You just aren't able to comprehend the mind and tactics of Southgate, few can.

Porque

Organising is very questionable to put the final essentially 3 days apart from one of the semi finals.

Definitely. The time and rest management was strategic for Germany's route. Just as England had in the "European" Euro Cup last time out where all but one of their games were at home.

Maradona37

To be fair though, the game was even in the second half, but based on the first half, England are deservedly through. Though I still think Netherlands were a bit better than them in the tournament before tonight.

If Spain turn up though they should win.

jamrock

Not the refs fault they lost, I wouldn't have given that PK, but I can understand it being called.

They reason they lost is their coach was useless today, Zirkzee was the obvious sub for depay, since they both can kinda do the same thing, and depay dropping deep and pulling out the English CB, was a key part of their tactics.

Instead he puts on freaking weghorst, who did literally nothing the entire game.

Maradona37

Not the refs fault they lost, I wouldn't have given that PK, but I can understand it being called.

They reason they lost is their coach was useless today, Zirkzee was the obvious sub for depay, since they both can kinda do the same thing, and depay dropping deep and pulling out the English CB, was a key part of their tactics.

Instead he puts on freaking weghorst, who did literally nothing the entire game.
I never said it was the ref's fault - Dutch weren't good at all for most of the game, Koeman's decision making is questionable, and I agree with all you say.

Just saying the ref definitely didn't help matters either.

Porque

He brought on Veerman first and switched everyone around :lol:

Also failed to integrate Frimpong who was probably the fullback of the season, while Dumfries lived up to his name .

jamrock

He brought on Veerman first and switched everyone around :lol:

Also failed to integrate Frimpong who was probably the fullback of the season, while Dumfries lived up to his name .
Exactly, I thought about veerman, after I hit submit and how can you not play frimpong who is 3x the player Dumfries is in the attack, so it more than makes up for whatever they lose in defense.

He's such a bad coach, putting Simon a Right footed Midfielder, on the right winger, you play him either as, LW, Midfielder or SS, nothing else, so mainly fails.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Wrist? Mate I like and respect you as a poster, but I can never agree that is a penalty in a million years. Just a difference of opinion. The contact is minimal and the ball is long gone.

The expert female referee person on my feed said she was surprised that was given. She wasn't even expecting a review. It seemed pretty innocuous to me. I just can't agree that is ever a penalty.

Anyway, England by a mile the better team, have controlled the game and were even before the penalty. But there's no way for me that is a penalty.
Let's agree to disagree ;) It's "just" football right? :lol: You're also a good poster imo btw (y)

Maradona37

Let's agree to disagree ;) It's "just" football right? :lol:
Fair enough, definitely as you are a good lad.

Looking back on it maybe it was my anti-England goggles. I still don't think it was a penalty but I have seen worse so maybe 'shocking' was the wrong word to use to describe it. I still wouldn't have given it though, and maybe you'll agree that it wasn't a clear and obvious error not to award the penalty so a review shouldn't have been recommended (though I don't like the 'clear and obvious' thing, but that is another story).

And yeah mate, it is just football lol. Just a game.

Just seen the 'also a good poster' edit - thanks mate. Means a lot.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It is what it is, England doesn't deserve to be in the final but they were better than Holland tonight. Spain should outplay this England side though, if Yamal scores I'm going to run naked around my block :lol:

Home of Barca Fans