Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Would be sickening for Spain to fall at the final hurdle after their run but a final is anyone's game.. unless it's Madrid in the CL, that is a full gone conclusion.

The worrying part is England have shown signs of life in that game vs Netherlands and they'd of probably wrapped up the game had Southgate made changes earlier.

Spain need to go at them from the 1st second and grab early goal/s, attack attack attack. Yamal tires out around the 60th min and if it's 0-0 with Ferran or Orezbel whatever his name is coming on... yeah. England just get stronger and stronger with their subs, insane depth. The later into the game it goes level, the more chance England have to win.
Yeah I agree, Spain look stronger from the start, so if they can go 2-0 up by halftime it will be too much for England surely. The longer the game lingers the more it favours England with their bench. I actually like Oyarzabal to be honest, but I get your point that he's not as good a sub as someone like Palmer.

We will see what happens anyway.

BerkeleyBernie

I keep seeing posts about "Africans" and not native and immigrants and all that. People have been mixing races for thousands of years. It's at least weird to believe that there is such a thing as "purebred" and more so, that the ideal time for reference being 30 years ago...
All German NT is German. All French NT is French. And so on..
Thanks for calling out the "Aryans Uber Alles" Nazis in this forum, John.

Jenks

I keep seeing posts about "Africans" and not native and immigrants and all that. People have been mixing races for thousands of years. It's at least weird to believe that there is such a thing as "purebred" and more so, that the ideal time for reference being 30 years ago...
All German NT is German. All French NT is French. And so on..
Why did you put the term "purebred" in quotes as if anyone other than you had said it? If we get into this kind of continuum fallacy where ethnic groups don't exist because of some minority admixture, then you basically invalidate the existence of every kind of living thing in the natural world.

Loki

I still can't decide. On form and team cohesion, Spain should win by two goals or so. But finals are a toss up generally and there's some voodoo with England, as other posters have said. They have a few players who can punish ESP if they don't take their chances.

I am still leaning Spain but I admit I am very worried.
Yeah, it all speaks for Spain and that worries me.

Spain won all their games, beating the 2 strongest teams this tournament and playing the best football, while England had a walk in the park to the final and should have been eliminated in round of 16 against Slowakia already.
Spanish teams didn't lose 22? finals in a row.
Everyone talking about Nico and Lamine, while Bellingham and Kane play way worse than expected.

Maradona37

Yeah, it all speaks for Spain and that worries me.

Spain won all their games, beating the 2 strongest teams this tournament and playing the best football, while England had a walk in the park to the final and should have been eliminated in round of 16 against Slowakia already.
Spanish teams didn't lose 22? finals in a row.
Everyone talking about Nico and Lamine, while Bellingham and Kane play way worse than expected.
It just feels like one of them nights mate. Everyone expecting Spain and England spawn it, Man United style.

If it does happen I will find it very hard to recover in time for the Copa final. If they win with a dodgy penalty or a dive I will likely be furiously googling til 8 am tomorrow and miss the Copa final anyway.

Maradona37

Lamine will send these bums to the shadow realm.
Let's hope so mate. Let's fucking hope so.

Some of us will have major egg on our faces if England spawn it. I said before the tournament they were overrated and would never win it. Now, I still believe the first part, but they might prove me wrong on the second despite spawning their way through the last six games.

Loki

If it does happen I will find it very hard to recover in time for the Copa final.
I'll probably won't read neutral football news for a week just to not have to see their faces celebrating it came finally home. Gonna just live in Barca's twitter accounts for a while :D Let's hope it won't be that kind of night, but Lamine's.

Maradona37

I'll probably won't read neutral football news for a week just to not have to see their faces celebrating it came finally home. Gonna just live in Barca's twitter accounts for a while :D Let's hope it won't be that kind of night, but Lamine's.
Yeah indeed.

I kinda feel bad saying all of this and being so against them. There are two or three guys on here who are England fans. It feels like barcaforum is very anti-England NT, as you'd expect from a forum with few English people and which is based around a club in Catalonia or Spain.

I understand your disdain for their NT too, as a German.

Maradona37

But - as I said last week - at least we have someone to actively support here, a team we like. Can you imagine if it had been the dreaded Portugal-England? Ronaldo winning and lifting the trophy or England lifting 58 years of hurt.

Truly lose-lose.

Gnidrologist

Why did you put the term "purebred" in quotes as if anyone other than you had said it? If we get into this kind of continuum fallacy where ethnic groups don't exist because of some minority admixture, then you basically invalidate the existence of every kind of living thing in the natural world.
Should force million of arabs and africans into Israel so jews learn the wonder of multiculturalism. For some reason they build a huge fuck off wall and high alert security detail instead, while telling other peoples to keep their boarders open. I wonder why. :D

Home of Barca Fans