Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
As much as I agree with France and England having potential to play nicer football, I also understand Deschamps and Southgate. DD has proven he knows how to win a big tournament while also reaching multiple finals. Southgate narrowly missed out on a Euro last time around and got knocked out by France in WC after that Kane PK miss. The pragmatic approach could very well be what helps them over the finish line this time.

Valverde vindicated?

Horatio

You're welcome
Italy's style of play was definitely easier on the eye. Already watched every game. Maybe you need to take your Argentina hat off for a second and re-evaluate stuff.

Argentina were pragmatic in the WC.
Argentina didn’t play pragmatic. They always looked to go on the attack. Didn’t matter they were up. That’s how they wanted to play.

Temptation

Do you even know what pragmatism even is? No one in their right mind would have 2021 Italy easier on the eye than 2022 Argentina.
Clearly I know what it means better than you.

It's not a bad thing at all yet you seem to be very offended by that term for some reason. :lol:

It's a good quality to have bruv.

How would you describe their style of play?

Horatio

You're welcome
Damn…12 years after only played one season in Netherlands Arnautovic speaks damn good Dutch. Just saw the interview.

Andresito

Staff member
Never once did someone say Argentina were holding back the way people are doing with France and England. That's where the discussion started. Scaloni's Argentina has been nowhere near critiqued the way England, France and even Portugal have the last years. People expect a lot more from those nations offensively. Who is Argentina supposed to unshackle? There's no Riquelme or Aguero sitting on the bench to provide offensive magic.

Maybe in 2014 did Argentina rely on a good defence (with average players). But not lately. Now they can absorb pressure as well as press high, counter attack and keep possession to steer the tempo of the game. They are flexible but absolutely not afraid of putting up a good fight.

Horatio

You're welcome
Never once did someone say Argentina were holding back the way people are doing with France and England. That's where the discussion started. Scaloni's Argentina has been nowhere near critiqued the way England, France and even Portugal have the last years. People expect a lot more from those nations offensively.

Maybe in 2014 did Argentina rely on a good defence (with average players). But not lately.

Pragmatic football is very dumb risk mitigating way of football based on dumb stats.
Argentina plays with risk, likes to go on attack, gives attackers freedom and trusts their defenders and keeper. Look to dominate over whole game, which becomes tougher as fatigue kicks in later in game and they play with lot of intensity

They were most offensive team in the tourney.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
It’s an interesting discourse. I looked into it while ago. Did people look older faster back in the days? Or is it due to style? A famous faux-scientist youtuber dubbed it retroactive aging if I recall.

What if George went to gym shaved off head completely grew a bit of beard and had change of clothes? We have a lot of those walking around nowadays.

malvolio

It’s an interesting theory. I looked into it while ago. Did people look older faster back in the days? Or is it due to style? A famous faux-scientist youtuber dubbed it retroactive aging if I recall.

What if George went to gym shaved off head completely grew a bit of beard and had change of clothes? We have a lot of those walking around nowayadays.
You forgot the shit tattoos.

Home of Barca Fans