Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

Enjoy the Portugal game, lol.

I would enjoy the result if they would lose but that's it.

And even then they would still go through with this stupid system.

If they want to make it more interesting should just have group winners and two best 2nd qualified teams qualified for quarter finals. Then best teams wouldn't calculate as much as one bad result could mean they're out.

Ofc that still wouldn't made Southgate or Deschamps playing better football with all the talent they have at their disposal.

Horatio

You're welcome
Euros are anything but boring. People in this thread itself were enjoying the Portugal game so much. And most of those people don't give a flying fuck about Portugal and hate Cristiano so.........
No, this euro has been good. A good amount of group games so far. Was talking about 2016. When all teams sat back and hoped to win with 1-0

khaled_a_d

International football in general is boring, they should cancel WC, Euro and Copa and just let the best players play in Olympics every 4 years.

A decade ago I would agree, but now it is far better entertainment than club football.
FIFA used VAR to increase penalties and goals in WC and it has actually worked.

Andresito

Staff member
It's obvious Euro gets more attention since Europe is the center stage of world football with most stars residing there. Copa is obviously huge in South America and Euro big in Europe. Seems clear that India prefer European football, correct me if I'm wrong @draconifire @Temptation.

That said, can't say Copa is a trash tournament. Millions of people enjoy it and the teams are very passionate despite the individual quality maybe being a tad lower on average. Feels like the gap between best and worst is bigger in Euros and the level at Copa is more even.
Both tournaments can have boring games, so will the World Cup.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Copa was great 5-10 years ago when Uruguay had Suarez&Cavani, Colombia had James, Falcao, Cuadrado, Peru had Pizzaro!, Brazil had prime Neymar, Chile had Arturo, Sanchez.....

Porque

Biggest issue with the Euros is 24 teams making the Group stages mean largely fuck all. Get 8 more teams in it, have 32 sides, have the top 2 of each group qualify and call it a day.

Invite the Semi finalists from Africa and Asia for all I care. Just no more third placed pishers getting to the next round please.

Home of Barca Fans