European Super League

xxxxxx

I guess Laporta was forced to sign this due to our financial crisis. Interesting how this pans out, going to be a shitstorm.

The problem is.... there are no guarantees this Super League will work out. Sure, it could be good for a year or 2..... but what if it ends up failing 3 or 4 years from now? UEFA and FIFA are not suddenly going to let those clubs back into their respective leagues..... and if they do, those clubs may have to start from the bottom. Not in the top leagues, but in the actual bottom leagues.

Mistyoptic

I guess Laporta was forced to sign this due to our financial crisis. Interesting how this pans out, going to be a shitstorm.

If it does come down to a vote, unfortunately I think the sheer amount of money (3.5 billion euros) is going to swing it. Laporta will just sell it as saving us from destruction (which I guess to an extent it is) and the socios will vote yes. So 99% we're in.

Daniele

Pure shit

If u dont understand why this is the death of footall please change to watch this sport.

whoever has money wins everything, the logic of shitty capitalism.

Probably many are too young in here to not even understand the symbolic value of this thing, and the extent of the misfortune.

JamDav1982

The problem is.... there are no guarantees this Super League will work out. Sure, it could be good for a year or 2..... but what if it ends up failing 3 or 4 years from now? UEFA and FIFA are not suddenly going to let those clubs back into their respective leagues..... and if they do, those clubs may have to start from the bottom. Not in the top leagues, but in the actual bottom leagues.

The teams are not looking to come out their domestic leagues.

It is basically replacing the CL.

xxxxxx

If it does come down to a vote, unfortunately I think the sheer amount of money (3.5 billion euros) is going to swing it. Laporta will just sell it as saving us from destruction (which I guess to an extent it is) and the socios will vote yes. So 99% we're in.

This might end up helping us short-term, but it could actually kill us 5 years from now on if this Super League ends up failing. UEFA and FIFA won't suddenly let those teams back into their respective leagues. Once you're out..... you're out.

JamDav1982

This might end up helping us short-term, but it could actually kill us 5 years from now on if this Super League ends up failing. UEFA and FIFA won't suddenly let those teams back into their respective leagues. Once you're out..... you're out.

Again... those teams are not looking to leave their domestic leagues and wont be thrown out as they bring the money.

KingLeo10

UEFA is nothing without the big clubs. Ain't nobody tuning in to European nights to watch Napoli.v Sevilla.

Bayern and PSG will be their only remaining assets lol.

Not saying I'm in favor of the super league but UEFA don't really hold that many cards tbh.

xxxxxx

The teams are not looking to come out their domestic leagues.

It is basically replacing the CL.

I know that. But I doubt that'll be the case. How can you have a 20 team Super League and also have a domestic league? Say every team has to play one another twice, you're talking about another 38 games..... then you're talking about a knockout stage, quarter-final, semi-final and the finals. It's simply impossible to do both.

JamDav1982

I know that. But I doubt that'll be the case. How can you have a 20 team Super League and also have a domestic league? Say every team has to play one another twice, you're talking about another 38 games..... then you're talking about a knockout stage, quarter-final, semi-final and the finals. It's simply impossible to do both.

Go read up on it before commenting as you dont even know the structure.

No clubs are looking to leave their domestic leagues and wont be thrown out.

bismp

This is an embarrassing point of view and frankly, completely misunderstanding the spirit of football and Barcelona FC. We are a club built by the people, for the people. We are also not built unilaterally. All of La Liga helped to build Barcelona, just as they did Real/Atleti and other historic clubs in Spain. This is a slap in the face for them, for the founders of our great club and most of all to our fans.

You may prefer soulless glamour ties every week but I'll pass on that. I'll stop watching and supporting Barcelona if they continue down this route.

I am not saying that it’s the best idea ever,all I am saying is that I can’t see what UEFA and FIFA can do about it.

And please cut the “Mes Que Un Club” shit.That died many years ago unfortunately.

Sure people like to keep football pure,but for many years we’ve traveled a way of no return.FC Barcelona,as other european giants,are companies.It is the sad truth.

And if football had been 100% pure,then Barcelona not only would have not signed players and legends like Cruyff,Maradona,Ronaldinho etc,but we would not have even be able to get young foreign to Catalunya kids like Messi,Iniesta etc

Last edited:

El Flaco

Pure shit

If u dont understand why this is the death of footall please change to watch this sport.

whoever has money wins everything, the logic of shitty capitalism.

Probably many are too young in here to not even understand the symbolic value of this thing, and the extent of the misfortune.

Money have always been a driving force in all professional sports for several decades.

xxxxxx

Again... those teams are not looking to leave their domestic leagues and wont be thrown out as they bring the money.

They can't do both. It's impossible if it's a 20 team Super League and a 20 team domestic league. They have to play one another twice, then do a knockout/quarter-final, semi-final and then a final. You're literally talking about 80 plus games in a season if you include the domestic clubs.

JamDav1982

They can't do both. It's impossible if it's a 20 team Super League and a 20 team domestic league. They have to play one another twice, then do a knockout/quarter-final, semi-final and then a final. You're literally talking about 80 plus games in a season if you include the domestic clubs.

No it is around 10/12 games a season more than now and clubs will cope.

xxxxxx

Go read up on it before commenting as you dont even know the structure.

No clubs are looking to leave their domestic leagues and wont be thrown out.

I know about it. But you're not thinking about the potential games they would have to play. There is no way they can do a 20 team Super League and a 20 team domestic league. It's simply impossible.

Home of Barca Fans