European Super League

Richard.H

This is disgusting and I hope most users realize how bad it can be for European football as a whole. I realize that domestic league competitions are still there, but obviously all the money (and all the effort) will be put into this. No more Cinderella stories like Super Depor or Leicester City. Also it’s completely screwing over the fans of these “lesser” teams as they call them and basically make them lose out to capitalism. Teams like Bilbao, Valencia, Villarreal, Sociedad aren’t worth shit because they don’t bring in the dough from casuals and Asia/NA market

JerseyAddict

Question is what happens if the players are banned from EURO or WC?
Will top star players accept the fact they won't get a shot at all to be WC?

Also, if the clubs are kicked from National League the whole system will collapse. Other clubs will lost funds.

cro-man

Bayern, BVB and PSG didn't decline and they will join for sure as they won't have any other choice. Another problem is that these "important" clubs won't be able to sell players to anyone except to the others in the Superleague. FFS who will want to go to play for Everton or Valencia now? It will be basically impossible to get any money for the players who were usually sold to the clubs like Villareal, Valencia, Everton or Roma.

Everything depends now on uefa and co. If they will take part and cooperate or not. If not this could get ugly.

I feel like this just the beginning. I expect them to col?ect all big names and if they are done the next league will follow for those who are not so ?important?:lol::lol: ?important? cant believe this shit

Last edited:

Raketa10

There was a similar attempt in European basketball and it failed miserably. That attempt basically ruined basketball in Europe. I am sure UEFA and FIFA will do everything in their power to stop this. To be fair top clubs didn't leave them any choice. They will probably ban those teams from competing in domestic competitions. I am not sure if they can ban players from compete in WC, EURO or Copa America since this is not players decision. Why should they suffer and on what basis? This is unfair towards those players and their national teams.

Last edited:

cro-man

City involved as well. This feels like the last time when uefa tried to punish city for breaking ffp and at the end they made clowns of themself.

Too many clubs involved to think this cant go through and can be stopped. I think this all is settled and planned well.

Gaudi

My problem here is that I don't see a good guy option here. Uefa and Fifa are all about money, now comes clubs who want even more. That's it basically.

I mean we call it Champions league and for years you have teams that are not champions in it. Why? Well because 3rd placed spanish or english team brings more money than champion of Bulgaria for example. So it was always about money, why lie!

Morten

City involved as well. This feels like the last time when uefa tried to punish city for breaking ffp and at the end they made clowns of themself.

Too many clubs involved to think this cant go through and can be stopped. I think this all is settled and planned well.

They knew there would be backlash to this, but they are moving forward with it anyway, quite telling, almost like they dont care.

malvolio

they'll agree to something in the end. everyone wants to make money. uefa/fifa wouldn't give a shit if midtjylland, heart of midlothian and groningen wanted their separate league.

i've said it many times in here - the current CL format is boring and favors the big clubs anyway. so i'm waiting for something different.

Morten

they'll agree to something in the end. everyone wants to make money. uefa/fifa wouldn't give a shit if midtjylland, heart of midlothian and groningen wanted their separate league.

i've said it many times in here - the current CL format is boring and favors the big clubs anyway. so i'm waiting for something different.

The solution to something that favors the rich isnt a format that favors them even more.

Raketa10

So 12 clubs are:

FC Barcelona, AC Milan, Arsenal FC, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea FC, ​​FC Internazionale, Juventus FC, Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid CF and Tottenham Hotspur.

Aditional 3 for sure will be:

Bayern, PSG and BVB

The remaining 5 will probably also be drawn from those 5 countries. Probably five from: Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Everton, Newcastle, Lyon, Marseilles, Leverkusen, Schalke, or maybe Leipzig. IMHO outside of those 5 countries only Benfica, Porto and Ajax can somehow get in.

Last edited:

malvolio

The solution to something that favors the rich isnt a format that favors them even more.

why not? the rich always had it their way - look at FFP.

they could implement a promotion/relegation system from the lower leagues that will be in place, EL or EL Conference. there will be money like never before, for everyone.

porto and benfica should be in the super league.

FCBfan22

It's a disgrace that we are joining Florentino's competition.

Someone check the RPM meter on Crujiff's grave.

Home of Barca Fans