European Super League

Yannik

[ @elmundoes ] | Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and PSG will expected join the Super League in the coming dates.

:lol: everyone praising PSG and German teams yesterday. UEFA in the mud.

bruh El Mundo.

Who knows if they will join at some point or in the coming years, but that news is BS.

malvolio

If there are hard on salary caps (and i'm not talking about like 30m caps, which only realistically affect 5 players on this continent) but like 5-10m max and also agent+transfer caps, then 50+1 is not desperately necessary anymore imo. The billionaires can gladly pump in a billion into their club to reduce debt, modernize stadiums and all that, that really wouldnt bother me as long as the money does not give direct competetive advantage on the market anymore.

unfortunately we are past that, like 30 years ago. with all the money involved in football today, it is impossible to cap the salaries at 5-10M a year.

Yannik

No it's a CL replacement. Regular leagues will still be played during weekends.

Thats just temporary. We all know they will break away from league systems after the thing got some traction.
And if UEFA bans them, they will make it a full year thing immediately.

raskolnikov

No it's a CL replacement. Regular leagues will still be played during weekends.

So we have 75+ matches a year? Also if they get 400 mil guarenteed then its game over for every pther club. They cant compete with that.
There is also no point in finishing high or low in the league.
Mightvas well put barca b in.

raskolnikov

If there are hard on salary caps (and i'm not talking about like 30m caps, which only realistically affect 5 players on this continent) but like 5-10m max and also agent+transfer caps, then 50+1 is not desperately necessary anymore imo. The billionaires can gladly pump in a billion into their club to reduce debt, modernize stadiums and all that, that really wouldnt bother me as long as the money does not give direct competetive advantage on the market anymore.

They would work around that unfortunately.
Just have a sponsor give them millions.

JamDav1982

So we have 75+ matches a year? Also if they get 400 mil guarenteed then its game over for every pther club. They cant compete with that.
There is also no point in finishing high or low in the league.
Mightvas well put barca b in.

No it would be 10 games a year more than now.

Most likely domestic cup competitions fall away or become reserve team comps and bigger clubs will probably push for reduction in number of teams in league.

malvolio

you guys better start putting money aside for the ESL streaming subscriptions. would bet that they'll come up with their own platform just for that. the netflix for premium club football :lol:

raskolnikov

No it would be 10 games a year more than now.

Most likely domestic cup competitions fall away or become reserve team comps and bigger clubs will probably push for reduction in number of teams in league.

I dont think the leagues will agree to it. They know this kills them off in the long run.
Especially with the guarenteed spots and 400 mil a yea guarentee.

Yannik

That wont happen.

They would be signing off the end of those leagues as a spectacle and pushing for a full on European Leagues with proper promotion/relegation.

They are going to do that anyway after a while. This is just the launch concept, they will expand it into a full league once it got a foothold.

Raketa10

SL teams will be expelled from their country leagues..

I don't think they care at all. They will have 38 games plus playoff so it's enough for them. In the future there will be Superleague 2 for sure and probably some kind of SuperCup. To be fair country leagues don't stand a chance against this revolution.

There is more than enough wealthy clubs for 2 or oven 3 ranks of this competition. On the other side UEFA and FIFA have no leverage over those clubs or players. It's game over for this 2 organizations.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans