European Super League

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Arsenal :lol: :lol:

On a serious note : let's assume this thing goes through. Will this mean that these 12 teams will play 22 games per season and that's it ?

Last edited:

KingLeo10

On a serious note : let's assume this thing goes through. Will this mean that these 12 teams will play 22 games per season and that's it ?

Supposedly, 23 games on top of top of the national league games...unless I'm missing something.

El Gato

Villarato!

No. Assumes they won't get kicked out from their individual leagues and play in between. Possibly counting on impending demise of international tournaments.

Vilarrubi

Absolute farce.

That “Project Big Picture” which planned to remodel the Premier League giving more power/decisions and money to top clubs got rejected in the end. That was planned for years too. Let’s hope the same happens with this. Haven’t seen one positive comment about it so far.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Supposedly, 23 games on top of top of the national league games...unless I'm missing something.

But according to the rumours FIFA plans on banning the players that participate in Superleague. Guess we will know more in the upcoming weeks.

No. Assumes they won't get kicked out from their individual leagues and play in between. Possibly counting on impending demise of international tournaments.

Wouldn't that mean that the CL gets obsolete which means that UEFA gets sidelined. Just don't see them agreeing to that or FIFA allowing that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wouldn't that mean that the CL gets obsolete which means that UEFA gets sidelined. Just don't see them agreeing to that or FIFA allowing that.

Yes. Basically want to get UEFA out the equation by looks of it as they're imposing FFP, and national federations take most of the money they want to redistribute themselves according to their vision.

But yeah, tbh like [MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION] says, I haven't seen any positives coming from this. I wonder what arguments all these chairmans will make. They can't expect to have it a successful project without getting players on board since UEFA and FIFA + national federations will have banned them.

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta in back in January: "I don't support the European Super League. There are other ways of income, not this tournament that would disrupt the sport. I would like a Super Club World Cup for example, similar to the format of the regular World Cup every 2 years maybe."

Barto was the one who agreed for Barca if I remember.

KingLeo10

Papa Perez so bored of his CL trophy count he decided to organize a new one so he can flex all over again.

:koeman:

Vilarrubi

Reminds me of Qatar World Cup. They’ll try convince people it’s a “good thing”, only to end up being all about money and bribes etc.

Home of Barca Fans