European Super League

Hardy

if the rumors of 400-500 mil of revenues just with the invite are true not surprised we joined this shit giving our current financial situation...

Windhook

Change title to European Super League. FIFA has nothing to do with this greedy idea.

This concept is bad. It has no moral, all about money.

El Flaco

People will definitely be heavily invested about European Super League despite this fake outrage.

This is 1992 all over again when Premier League was created and we all know how it turned out...

Change title to European Super League. FIFA has nothing to do with this greedy idea.

This concept is bad. It has no moral, all about money.

You're right, it's fixed now.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
There will be no sense of a special occasion anymore and nobody wants to be that team lingering midtable all year fighting for nothing. Giant waste of time lol

bismp

This is 1992 all over again when Premier League was created and we all know how it turned out...

What happened? I am asking unironically, I was born in '96. I always thought that the Premier League was sort of a rebranding of the English League..

bismp

I personally think it would be a decent idea if the CL had a new format,similar to the basketball Euroleague. For example, we could still have the group stages with the 32 teams,but then instead of the knock out stages we would have 2 groups of 8 teams and then a final 4.

But still,the current Knock-Out format is far more interesting IMO. Why fix something when it's not broken?

Windhook

What happened? I am asking unironically, I was born in '96. I always thought that the Premier League was sort of a rebranding of the English League..

English football had their Renaissance after the introduction of the Premier League. Before that there are the dark years of Heysel and Hillsborough disasters, the former leading to English clubs being banned from UEFA competitions for 5 years (from 1985 to 1990). Ultimately PL became the most popular league in the world after Man Utd's victory in the 1998/99 CL final against Bayern Munich, taking over the dominant 90's of the Italian Serie A.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This will collapse if UEFA and FIFA are serious about banning the teams from their domestic competitions and the players from any continental championship and World Cups.

And I hope they are serious about enforcing this to be honest.

Florentino Perez as the Chairman and President of this operation? No fucking way Barca should want to be a part of that, nor should something like this exist in the first place. I always like to see teams like Atalanta and others make it far into the CL. It's pure and it's fun and entertaining to watch.

Givenchy

Tennis is the only pure high profile sport left, so this doesn't matter anymore. Football died a long time ago.

I do kinda agree there, I've been losing more and more interest in football over the years, VAR having a huge impact on that but this is nail in the coffin type shit. can someone explain what the fuck Arsenal and Tottenham are doing in this list also? :lol:

As a fan, I can't think of a single positive for this Super league. You just know they'll move these league games to places like Qatar to rake in more money.

It got pretty stale in the CL playing PSG so often over the last few years, remember the year we kept playing Madrid also?, imagine the same teams week in week out with no respite the CL offered mid week. There would be no 'big games' after Barca play Juve, City etc for the 100th time

I don't think they'll succeed with it this time but its only a matter of time sadly

Windhook

I'm completely with UEFA on this. This mutiny should not go unpunished. Players playing in those clubs should lose their right to play for their respective national teams as those competitions are sanctioned by FIFA/UEFA.

Whole club systems will be banned from competing in any national league. Professional or youth. Juvenile B will have to pay for the plane tickets to play against Tottenham U-16 I guess.

Home of Barca Fans