F1

Windhook

Lando might have better race pace than Piastri right now, at least on tracks where he has more experience than Piastri, but I feel like the Aussie will catch up next year. Seem to be more composed under pressure than Lando as well.
Piastri is still treated as rookie. Next season will be difficult for Zak Brown to handle two top drivers. McLaren reached unexpected heights this season and they find themselves in unknown territory - bad strategies and drivers who used to race for fun almost, confused how good their cars are.

Ferrari are improving as well recently, but still Max Verstappen, I believe, will win the WDC.

The pre-season scandal at Red Bull with Horner's dickpics is evident late into the season. Red Bull are on a downfall, which I could have never predicted last year.

Last edited:

Windhook

I fully agree. Piastri proved his composure. With 10 laps to go I was convinced Leclerc will overtake, but then "Bono, my tyres are gone" happened. :lol:

Another significant moment in the race was Lando overtaking Verstappen. Red Bull are done, Max is far from podium in yet another race.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I fully agree. Piastri proved his composure. With 10 laps to go I was convinced Leclerc will overtake, but then "Bono, my tyres are gone" happened. :lol:

Another significant moment in the race was Lando overtaking Verstappen. Red Bull are done, Max is far from podium in yet another race.

Piastri's composure every time Leclerc attacked was incredible. Didn't do too much and lock up or open up a lane. Was inch perfect.
After so much time in dirty air it was expected that Leclerc's tyres would be gone sadly. Wouldn't have been surprised if Perez and even Sainz later overtook him if not for their crash.

Windhook

Piastri's composure every time Leclerc attacked was incredible. Didn't do too much and lock up or open up a lane. Was inch perfect.
After so much time in dirty air it was expected that Leclerc's tyres would be gone sadly. Wouldn't have been surprised if Perez and even Sainz later overtook him if not for their crash.
There was that moment when Piastri spun slightly and Leclerc thought the win is in the bag.

I had this impression that Sainz was in advantage when all 4 cars came close within the range of 2 seconds. Checo though pulled that crazy stunt that Baku track serves us almost every season.

FCBfan22

As far as things stand now, I think it's still McLaren WCC and Max WDC.

However, if RB keeps sinking and somehow Mercedes consistantly overtakes them, the WDC might be open for Lando, Charles and even Oscar.

FC B

Lando might have better race pace than Piastri right now, at least on tracks where he has more experience than Piastri, but I feel like the Aussie will catch up next year. Seem to be more composed under pressure than Lando as well.
I don't think Piastri will catch up to Norris as soon as next year but for now he's clearly making huge steps ahead.

But if they keep having the best car for the next season it would be so interesting to see them both fight for the championship, maybe even to the extent that they would finish 1st and 2nd in the driver's championship.

Windhook

Piastri is bland. That could be problematic for TV ratings. Noticed how little emotion and joy he showed during the podium. Guys like Stroll would kill a president to be in his place, second career win in sophomore year. This happens rarely and the last guy to achieve that was Lewis Hamilton, I believe.

We may have a new era Kimi - a guy who's there to race, not be a celebrity.

Home of Barca Fans