FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
According to Transfermarkt, Dongou officially became part of the Juvenil A squad in 2011 and was only there for a season before being promoted. So most of those goals wouldn't be valid for comparisons.

Zangash

Banned
the only fair comparison for all three is J-A and in that dongou blows both out of the water and thats saying something because they all stared for Juvenil A, like munir he also scored when he first got a few minutes with Barca B

This past season was in first full season with the B Team and he struggled to find himself, until the end of the season, hopefully he carries it across to next season, if not he is out,because no matter how much talent a player has, it also has to do with how much the coach likes him.

Tata like him, now he left so he has to really impress, Munir and sandro are ahead of him now.

I can't say I was watching Juvenil A play when Dongou was there but it's hard to imagine Dongou playing better than Munir is. Regardless, he is performing on a lower level than all the other strikers to play at Barca B and that's shows he is struggling to impress. There's a reason Munir is considered to be part of the upper level of Barca prospects while Dongou is playing friendlies against 4th division teams with Barca B despite having seniority. Munir very well could earn promotion after even a single season with Barca B if he continues on the path he has been going down and few people feel like Dongou is even remotely close to being ready. Why Tata chose to give Dongou his debut instead of Munir (Who was red hot at the time) or Sanabria (Who was also red hot, but desired to play so much he decided to leave if he didn't) is a major question mark, but looking back on that entire season it makes sense if nothing makes any sense because Martino in general was a really shit manager in most aspects.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
An injury plagued (ACL recovery, and other minor injuries) Sandro scored 7 goals in 31 appearances (16 starts, 15 sub apperances), while Dongou only managed 8 goals in 30 appearances (26 starts, 4 sub apperances). Meanwhile, Munir had 4 goals in 11 apperances (4 starts, 7 sub apperances).

I think it's very clear that Dongou needs to have a massive season in 14/15.

Stats courtesy of Whoscored.com

Last edited:

DinhoR10

The fact that Munir was kept for the pre season training camp AND got more playing time in the first game than Dongou already shows who Lucho thinks is better. Its up to him to turn it around.

L

linetty

Barcelona B winger Dani Nieto (23), who is expected to join new Liga team Eibar, said yesterday goodbye to his teammates. [rac1]

Adiós muchachos

jamrock

dongou just seems timid,lazy and slow now, nothing like he was coming up. maybe something is wrong with him or he just wants to go back to africa

Tonykross

:lol: Not more than Munir :lol:

Whoa to you guys Munir does everything better, he runs faster, he jumps higher, he is taller, he dribbles better. If there is one thing that I have noticed about Dongou is that he is a very hard worker, I don't think Munir works harder than him.

Tonykross

yesterday was Dongou, Today is Munir, tomorrow will be Lee, La masia has not produced any superstar forward since Messi, we'll be lucky to have any of these guys become a main stay in the first team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
yesterday was Dongou, Today is Munir, tomorrow will be Lee, La masia has not produced any superstar forward since Messi, we'll be lucky to have any of these guys become a main stay in the first team.

You've got it wrong. The day before yesterday it was Dongou. Yesterday it was Sandro. Today it is Munir. Tomorrow it will be Lee/Moha/?

Why you gotta be so pessimistic? And I'd say Deulofeu has a chance of being our first superstar forward since Messi. And if you expect these youngsters to be the next Messi then your expectations are too damn high.

Tonykross

You've got it wrong. The day before yesterday it was Dongou. Yesterday it was Sandro. Today it is Munir. Tomorrow it will be Lee/Moha/?

Why you gotta be so pessimistic? And I'd say Deulofeu has a chance of being our first superstar forward since Messi. And if you expect these youngsters to be the next Messi then your expectations are too damn high.

I'm not being pessimistic, what I'm saying is that we have to be patient with all these young players and stop over hyping them. I'm also stating based on facts, no body can be like Messi and at the same token, we've not produced any superstar forward since Messi.

Home of Barca Fans