FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Zangash

Banned
yesterday was Dongou, Today is Munir, tomorrow will be Lee, La masia has not produced any superstar forward since Messi, we'll be lucky to have any of these guys become a main stay in the first team.

Has La Masia produced any superstar midfielders since Busquets or Iniesta? Has it produced any superstar defenders since Puyol?

Munir clearly showed a much higher work rate when playing with Juvenil A and Barca B thus far. He presses the goalkeeper and opposing defenders like he's trying to save a goal, instead of trying to take it so he can try to score. Saying we will be lucky to have any of these guys become a mainstay in the first team is very Madridista-like. Go ahead and shit on our academy because you're ass is hurt that nobody likes Dongou over Munir. I'll stay hopeful for the future that involves Munir one day making the first team and playing on a high level.

Tonykross

Has La Masia produced any superstar midfielders since Busquets or Iniesta? Has it produced any superstar defenders since Puyol?

Munir clearly showed a much higher work rate when playing with Juvenil A and Barca B thus far. He presses the goalkeeper and opposing defenders like he's trying to save a goal, instead of trying to take it so he can try to score. Saying we will be lucky to have any of these guys become a mainstay in the first team is very Madridista-like. Go ahead and shit on our academy because you're ass is hurt that nobody likes Dongou over Munir. I'll stay hopeful for the future that involves Munir one day making the first team and playing on a high level.

Who cares if everybody prefers Dongou over Munir, I don't even know any of them. I 'm just saying the facts, they might make it or they might not. and you should stop being arrogant because I don't even know you and so do you.

L

linetty

I'm a little bit suprised if someone puts Dongou over Munir these days. I guess these claims are made by people who just don't know or know but very few about Munir.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

He is right though. The expectations are often too high.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm not being pessimistic, what I'm saying is that we have to be patient with all these young players and stop over hyping them. I'm also stating based on facts, no body can be like Messi and at the same token, we've not produced any superstar forward since Messi.

I can agree with this.

Tonykross

I'm a little bit suprised if someone puts Dongou over Munir these days. I guess these claims are made by people who just don't know or know but very few about Munir.

Dongou also showed great promise like Munir, scored a few goals with Barca B while still playing for Juvenile A and finally got promoted and stalled a little bit. We should just be patient with these kids.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's hard not to get excited about the canteranos. But Tonykross is right, we should also temper our expectations and just enjoy watching them play.

Tonykross

It's hard not to get excited about the canteranos. But Tonykross is right, we should also temper our expectations and just enjoy watching them play.

I really have high hopes for Deulofeu this year, we've waited for so long since Messi. The frustrating part is that we've let some players leave who look very promising, reminds me of Icardi and Keita Balde of lazio.

Zangash

Banned
He is right though. The expectations are often too high.

This, I can agree to. However, expecting a player to make the first team is not too high of expectations. Our team has had Tello, Cuenca, JDS, Roberto, Jeffren, Fontas, ect. make it to the first team and about half of those listed actually got a chance with the team (But failed, due to various reasons). If Tello and Jeffren can make it through Barca B and play games against Real Madrid I don't see why it's too high an expectation to think the likes of Adama and Munir could one day do the same.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I really have high hopes for Deulofeu this year, we've waited for so long since Messi. The frustrating part is that we've let some players leave who look very promising, reminds me of Icardi and Keita Balde of lazio.

You're not alone in that mate, you're not alone. :beer2:

Alarcón

Whoa to you guys Munir does everything better, he runs faster, he jumps higher, he is taller, he dribbles better. If there is one thing that I have noticed about Dongou is that he is a very hard worker, I don't think Munir works harder than him.

What do you expect. These people have seen maybe 2 or 3 games of Munir and Dongou and a couple of YouTube videos.

jamrock

The ones who say Munir this and that( and he is a talented kid, don't get me wrong) I'm sure has never seen Dongou coming up the ranks, he jump like 2/3 teams during his development, and like munir got a few minutes with the B team and impressed.

But like I said and tony did a few post above, He has stalled, Its now up to him to find his way again

L

linetty

Tw Dani Nieto (Barcelona B): "My time at Barça comes to an end. An experience that helped me as person and as player. I leave to join Eibar"

finally

Home of Barca Fans