FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

X

xaviniesta

its even more surprising that the b team doesn't have a classy pivot at the moment as well. illie is way too medicore.

yahudi

Can someone elaborate why Samper wasn't promoted to the B team by now, because I'm not watching youth teams below Barca B level. After all he'll be 18 next month. Deulofeu, Dongou, Grimaldo were all promoted at a younger age. I find it strange that apparently the biggest upcoming midfield talent who has even trained with the first team already is not playing with Barca B by now.

xaviniesta said:
its even more surprising that the b team doesn't have a classy pivot at the moment as well. illie is way too medicore.

It is true that Samper is one of the biggest cantera talents. It is also true that the b team had no true pivote since Oriol Romeu.

However, Samper is not the answer to the problems of the b team. While his passing is certainly crisp, he is not (yet) suited for the lone holder role. Similar to playing Pirlo at the base of the midfield, you would also need at least one (better two) box-to-box players to cover up. Right now, Barca B doesn't have even one combative player in the middle (Lobato being the closest, which also kinda explains Eusebio's obsession with him)

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
So, the next game will be against Elche, currently sitting on top of Liga Adelante.

Have to admit, though, that despite of Elche leading the table the team is not known for scoring aplenty.

If Eusebio gets this one right, Barca B should have a chance of beating them.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They are level now, deserved equalizer from Elche...My word Planas & Kiko are terrible and Eusebio back to forgetting that Barcelona are a possession based club...Kiko should never play ahead of Araujo, ever

Last edited:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
A draw against Elche was expected, though I would've preferred a win.

Eusebio really needs to get the defense together, as it has looked shady as f*ck throughout the season. Can't see why Eusebio plays Planas.

khaled_a_d

I don't know which thread to put my question ,so here we go ,is there is any good Defender in barca youth system to look for right now?it seems that Grimaldo is the only name(and sometimes I feel he is more suited to be LM bh)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Outside of Grimaldo, most promising defender coming up is probably Frank Bagnack, central defender...1.82m, 17 y.o....Although I really like Godswill, as well

yahudi

Eusebio really needs to get the defense together, as it has looked shady as f*ck throughout the season. Can't see why Eusebio plays Planas.

No surprises here. Even last season, with Montoya, Bartra and Muniesa in the back, Barca B conceded quite a lot.

The worst thing right now is Planas being actually the best CB availiable. Lomban always looks half-hearted, Sergi Gomez is busy collecting red cards and Edgar Ie is somehow only deemed good enough to sit on the bench.

Edit:
Unless Juste makes the RB spot his upon recovery, expect Godswill to make it next year. From what I've heard, son is doing pretty good.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know which thread to put my question ,so here we go ,is there is any good Defender in barca youth system to look for right now?it seems that Grimaldo is the only name(and sometimes I feel he is more suited to be LM bh)

We had the same inquiry few months back. Noone looks as promising as Muniesa looked few years ago. And we know how this is working out.
So who knows. Btw. Bagnack is still with Juvenil A, if I'm not mistaken? Speaking of which, I hear great things about Xavier Quintilla (16) but then again he's even younger than Bagnack (17).

Tonykross

Players likely to be promoted from Juvenile A to Barca B next year, Samper, Bagnack, Ebwelle, Godswill,Sandro,Paul Calvet and Adama.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Players likely to be promoted from Juvenile A to Barca B next year, Samper, Bagnack, Ebwelle, Godswill,Sandro,Paul Calvet and Adama.

I wonder... it's a big step after all. But yeah, those are probably the most likely candidates. Pol Calvet (and Nando Quesada) won't be able to stay in the youth teams since they're too old, and both have chances of being promoted, but there's a risk that they'll end up like Miguel Angel Saiz-Maza and not play anything.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There's no way to know yet... we'll see by the end of the season. What worries me is that he hasn't really seemed to improve much during the last year (from what I've seen, which isn't all that much, tbh)

Home of Barca Fans