FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, Samper had some problems last season but I honestly think that was tied to Toral's poaching...Oscar toyed with him at DM and it just was hit/miss...I'd say more accurately his development stalled rather than him not doing well...You know that's a common theme within the club to experiment with players in different positions to see what else they can offer, fine tune their game and perhaps exploit some other aspect of their game

He's looked better this season with Juvenil A despite many thinking he was a lock to be promoted to B this year...I like the work Vinyals has done thus far and it's clear he has faith in Samper and has a good link with Nando where he's back to being more of a deep lying playmaker

There's no one outside the first team until you get younger in the club who has better vision than Samper, IMO...He makes Xavi-esque passes from there, is adored by his teammates and is a terrific looking prospect

As far as I can tell, there's little to worry about with Samper...especially now that Wenger wasn't able to get his pedo hands on him

Kerrybai

Barcelona No1 for producing players in Europes Elite Leagues. http://www.sportingintelligence.com...rs-for-clubs-in-europes-elite-leagues-131201/

Leading-producers-of-Big-5-talent.jpg

X

xaviniesta

Oier, Patric, Lombán, Planas, Balliu, Gustavo, Sergi Roberto, Lobato, Kiko, Rafinha, Luis Alberto.

what the helll is this? this is not a sexy lineup at all. hope they'll do better than real madrid did there last time

Last edited:

barcanuck

I think you guys expect too much from the B team. They are just expected to stay in Segunda not win the league.

Eetu

Adormit
They're expected to prepare youngsters for the first team, and playing some kind of 3-4-3 that doesn't even try to hold the possession doesn't really contribute to that.

yahudi

I think you guys expect too much from the B team. They are just expected to stay in Segunda not win the league.

The issue is certainly not the results. Sitting 6th in Segunda is pretty good for a young reserve team.

When Pep arrived as B coach, he established a system of "vertebrados" and "perlas". The first ones were players aged 23-26 with little chances to break into the first team squad. Their purpose was to be the stable backbone of the team, allowing the more talented but inexperienced "perlas" to have some continuity.

Right now, the B team does not have any stability at all. Only 2 field players in the squad are older than 21. Those two are also the only Eusebio transfers getting regular starts. How are the young but inconstitent players like Rafinha or Grimaldo supposed to mature?

barcanuck

Totally understand the concern but as long as Deuelfeu, Dongou, Rafinha get their playing time and we get results that's all I care about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Totally understand the concern but as long as Deuelfeu, Dongou, Rafinha get their playing time and we get results that's all I care about.

I agree that the results and playing time for the star players does matter but you can't completely disregard every player on the team just to focus on the best ones. For all we know, Deulofeu could flop and Araujo could be our next big player. Also, the star players need to earn playing time and not just have it handed to them otherwise they build an ego and don't improve due to lack of competition. Overall, Eusebio is doing a horrible job at implementing the barcelona system and organizing the team in every way possible. Every team in La masia plays the barcelona way however the b team plays completely differently. Plus the defenders are playing horribly under Eusebio and that's only worse for the first team who need more quality defenders anyway.

barcanuck

I don't see him over playing the youth and defensively we will probably get a reinforcement in January. I think results are actually better than expected and hopefully the style of play will improve after the winter break.

GiantKiller

Agree. A reserve team having a weak 'backbone' could quite possibly result in a lack of stability. That's probably due to a number of talented youngsters being promoted to the B team, so you either manage them all in the best possible way or reduce their number. A good coach is extremely important too, so......

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans