FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Leo_Messi

They played better today, than what they were doing under eusebio. Perhaps there's hope.

27 points after 27 games. 45 points left to play for. If they want to have a realistic chance of staying up they need to at least obtain 22 points out of those 45 points that are left to play for. I don't see that happening if the current level continues.

Mind you that the 18th placed team has obtained at least 46 points for 10 seasons in a row. The average is around 48-49 points needed to stay up. Last season for instance it was 51 points.

In short, it's not looking good. Of course they can still make it but when I look at the defense and the lack of a goalscorer I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:

Onuphrius

Those two have scored 5 goals in total this season. I think you know why that is mainly.

I know they have been with the first team. But now they are not and if they ever want to be first team regural in Barca, they should first show that they can carry our reserve squad.

I am really waiting to see those two stepping up and scoring the goals needed to keep Barca B in Segunda. My real concern at the moment is our defence.

Zangash

Banned
I know they have been with the first team. But now they are not and if they ever want to be first team regural in Barca, they should first show that they can carry our reserve squad.

I am really waiting to see those two stepping up and scoring the goals needed to keep Barca B in Segunda. My real concern at the moment is our defence.

Not even Messi could carry that Barca B squad playing the way they are. Putting it all on the shoulders of Munir and Sandro is absurd.

Ritchie

Is relegation that big a deal? We've barely produced a player for the first team since they've been in Segunda so the first team haven't benefited any more. Only the odd squad player like Sergi Roberto and then Rafinha had to go to Celta for a year before he could be part of the first team squad and Deulefeu out on loan.

The coaching is more important than whether they're at 2nd or 3rd division.

MessiDinho10

Is relegation that big a deal? We've barely produced a player for the first team since they've been in Segunda so the first team haven't benefited any more. Only the odd squad player like Sergi Roberto and then Rafinha had to go to Celta for a year before he could be part of the first team squad and Deulefeu out on loan.

The coaching is more important than whether they're at 2nd or 3rd division.

It's a big deal because once a team is relegated to Segunda B, it's very difficult to promote again. I think the lack of first team players who have come from La Masia and therefore Barça B has more to do with the management of La Masia and managers of the first team, Barça B and under.

khaled_a_d

It's a big deal because once a team is relegated to Segunda B, it's very difficult to promote again. I think the lack of first team players who have come from La Masia and therefore Barça B has more to do with the management of La Masia and managers of the first team, Barça B and under.

Actually I think it is better and easier to develop player in Segunda B than Segunda
Segunda is way too strong for a youth team and it pushes coach focus on winning games than developing players .When we were in Segunda B players were playing on their talents while developing their fundamentals all done with less pressure
in Segunda we have complicated things for ourselves IMO .
Not that I would wish the team to relegate ,but if it happens it isn't the end of the world .it might be actually blessing in disguise

Last edited:

Tonykross

Actually I think it is better and easier to develop player in Segunda B than Segunda
Segunda is way too strong for a youth team and it pushes coach focus on winning games than developing players .When we were in Segunda players were playing on their talents while developing their fundamentals all done with less pressure
Not that I would wish the team to relegate ,but if it happens it isn't the end of the world .it might be actually blessing in disguise

I totally agree, this team is too young for Segunda, this has never happened in the history of soccer where the average age is 20 for a team playing in the second tier of one of the top leagues in Europe.

yahudi

Segunda is way too strong for a youth team and it pushes coach focus on winning games than developing players .When we were in Segunda B players were playing on their talents while developing their fundamentals all done with less pressure

I see where you're coming from. However, the relegation would make the jump from B to first team even more difficult.

From what I've seen the last few years, the issue was not that the players were not ready enough for Segunda. Matter of fact, quite a few youngsters did well in the league. But the gap from Segunda to the strongest Barcelona squads ever proved too much for the most of them. If the gap increases, even less youngsters are likely to make it.

Plus, with Barca B playing below the professional level, it's gonna be more difficult to keep the outgoing Juvenil A players. And with no incoming transfers this summer it would greatly diminish the quality of the squad, making the circumstances for the B talent even worse.

Edit: If anything, I'd rather go the Udinese way. Strike a partnership with a midtable first league team in France or Portugal and send players and coaches on loan.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I see where you're coming from. However, the relegation would make the jump from B to first team even more difficult.

From what I've seen the last few years, the issue was not that the players were not ready enough for Segunda. Matter of fact, quite a few youngsters did well in the league. But the gap from Segunda to the strongest Barcelona squads ever proved too much for the most of them. If the gap increases, even less youngsters are likely to make it.

Plus, with Barca B playing below the professional level, it's gonna be more difficult to keep the outgoing Juvenil A players. And with no incoming transfers this summer it would greatly diminish the quality of the squad, making the circumstances for the B talent even worse.

Edit: If anything, I'd rather go the Udinese way. Strike a partnership with a midtable first league team in France or Portugal and send players and coaches on loan.

This was the standard move through the recent history of the club ,during the best times of our academy actually
And we don't need to keep the outgoing Juvenil A players ,we need to just keep the best of them
Right now we overrate most of our talents and we 20+ players of average age of 20 in a tough league and expects them to develop ?that isn't gonna happen

yahudi

This was the standard move through the recent history of the club ,during the best times of our academy actually
And we don't need to keep the outgoing Juvenil A players ,we need to just keep the best of them

Under normal circumstances, yes. This summer is going to be a bit different, though.

The B team is going to suffer from the transfer ban even more than the first team. In the recent years, Barca B had about 10 departures every season, roughly half of them covered by incoming transfers. This time there won't be any, which renders Juvenil A graduates even more necessary than usual.

Right now we overrate most of our talents and we 20+ players of average age of 20 in a tough league and expects them to develop ?that isn't gonna happen

The lack of seniority in the squad is not dependent on the league they play in, though.

Ritchie

Having the right coaching in place is more important than whether it's the 2nd or 3rd level. It feels like the B team has been going through the motions in recent years even when they've been near the top of Segunda because it's not producing good enough players for the first team. Even the best talents like Rafinha and Deulefeu have had to go out on loan after outgrowing Segunda but being deemed not ready for the first team. The few real prospects in the team now (Adama, Samper, Grimaldo, Munir) may well need a similar loan over the next season or two. The B team is in a state of flux and in it's current guise it's not going to get a Pedro/Busquets esque seamless transition to the first team unless another Messi/Iniesta emerges. A proper coach next season can change that and that's more important that relegation or survival.

L

linetty

Barça B vs Lugo: Ortolá; Diagne, Juste, Edgar Ié, Grimaldo; Samper, Gumbau, Cámara; Adama, Dongou y Sandro.

Here we go again. Liking the line up besides the midfield, Gumbau+Camara is bound to be a disaster

Home of Barca Fans