FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Ritchie

We've hit the relegation zone. The next game is an absolute must-win.

Prefer to stay up but we may develop players better being in the 3rd division. Playing at a high level like the Segunda you end up more concerned with trying to winning games to stay at that level than developing players which is more important.

What players with a shot at the first team have developed over the last year or so from playing in the B team?

Zangash

Banned
What players with a shot at the first team have developed over the last year or so from playing in the B team?

That's because Eusobio didn't give a rat's ass about developing the young players. He was purely a results driven coach and was sacked as soon as his results went away.

khaled_a_d

That's because Eusobio didn't give a rat's ass about developing the young players. He was purely a results driven coach and was sacked as soon as his results went away.

Again ,many players has improved in his tenure
And when in Segunda with a "you are sacked if you get relegated" coaches will always be result 1st
Segunda is just too strong for a youth team

Ritchie

It shows the futility of Barca B even being at that level then. Even when we were near the top and getting results we weren't developing players.

The 3rd tier is a more realistic level to be able to develop the players without the intense focus of needing a result every week.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Imo it is crucial for us to stay in the league. You cannot convince players like Halilovic to come and play for the 2nd team if they are in the 3rd league.

khaled_a_d

Who has developed into a first team player under Eusobio? That is the point of the B team.

They offered him an absurd amount of money to get him to play for them.

See ,here is the problem .there was an expectation of many players to be good enough for 1st team who weren't and people has put it on Eusebio
many players has improved a lot which is his job .but you can't teach talent and most of those guys were just not good enough
Suarez/Rafinha/Deulofeu/Luis Alberto all improved under him .Montoya and Bartra had their best year in Segunda under him .
But since he is Eusebio he is the scapegoat .it is Lucho who made Bartra/Rafinha/Montoya .Deulofeu/Suarez/L.Alberto not good enough for 1st team blah blah blah
And Odegaard contract is said to be as not as people were saying .he is just a well paid B team player IIRC

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ødegaard is earning 2m gross, which people are making out to be 2m net :facepalm:. And the reason behind not coming to Barcelona has been revealed to be somewhat on Zubi as well, for not being present in any meetings and not having any talks about the sporting aspect and how Ødegaard's development here would go.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Same here , but I also have this other weird problem. Whenever I visited this site today I got this guy on the homepage:

2z9bo8x.png

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I thought for a second that forum had crashed. Also seemed to me that DonAK's post about Odegaard is from Real Madrid section :lol:

Home of Barca Fans