FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

I

instinct

CAo5vaqW4AAcR5s.jpg:large

BBZ8800

That is not the way for a professional to act.

But, I told you earlier that he did that a lot of times during years in Croatia.
He started to believe too much in a hype around him, and that can be hard for a 17-18-19 year old boy:
ibygbQy3ehRFGK.gif

This was his "message" to journalists who were saying that his form was poor back then, for such "a hyped/good" player.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Wow, calm down there playboy, you're not a star yet. And should never become one either if this is how you act!

That attitude and level of ego is not something you want to see from ANY player no matter how much he's won at the club or how big of a legend he is, and to see it from someone as new as him - still in his first season at Barca B acting like this.... Wow, that's incredibly disrespectful. Did the move to Barca, with the talk of first team play in his contract, go straight to his head? If he acts like this now, then God forbid he ever wins a major trophy!

Not to keep harping on the Ødegaard comparison, but this just goes to show my point about their different personalitys and how the humility of Ødegaard is one of the countless things that in my opinion makes him a much bigger prospect than Halilovic, not even counting the fact that Ødegaard is two years younger and already better.

Grow up and learn some humility kid! :angry:

/end rant

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Calm down there playboy, you're not a star yet. Man...

That attitude and level of ego is not something you want to see from ANY player no matter how much he's won at the club or how big of a legend he is, and to see it from someone as new as him - still in his first season at Barca B.... Wow. Did the move to Barca, with the talk of first team play in his contract, go straight his head?

He was the same way before Barca.
Dinamo Zagreb's owner Mamic is always hyping Dinamo's players in Croatian media and more or less, everything started from Mamic.
Ok, Halilovic has a talent, but his talent was hyped to "a new Messi" level, and the kid "bought" the hype.

And that is never a good thing.
He has a lot of things to improve on the field (in his play) already.
If he will need to fix "his head" also, it will be way harder for him to turn into a good player.

L

linetty

He's just that arrogant type. I doubt it can be changed so let's hope it doesn't have a negative effect on his development.

Or maybe he was just dejected by how they're doing atm and that he couldn't help the team.

raskolnikov

The fuck is up with these youngsters having attitute problems, Halilovic seems worse than Deulofeu, already starting to dislike him for behaving like this.

L

linetty

The fuck is up with these youngsters having attitute problems, Halilovic seems worse than Deulofeu, already starting to dislike him for behaving like this.
There's really no need to make overstatements after an accident where you don't even know what exactly happened.

DinhoR10

Ego helps some people perform. According the Henry Messi has a huge ego and plays best when it gets hurt. And before you guys say it yes I know "Messi is messi" but that doesn't change the fact that the best players, specifically forwards/forward minded players tend to have big egos and are aggressive like that.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ego helps some people perform. According the Henry Messi has a huge ego and plays best when it gets hurt. And before you guys say it yes I know "Messi is messi" but that doesn't change the fact that the best players, specifically forwards/forward minded players tend to have big egos and are aggressive like that.

Agreed. It gives you that mental edge in terms of competing.

BBZ8800

Ok, but till one point=that is just an ego, your motive for competitiveness, something that drives you forward
-- something positive, in one way
But after some point=you are just a strange guy who irritates most of the football fans like Ronaldo, Adriano in his Inter days, Zlatan in his worst episodes, Mourinho, random Chelsea player etc

Also, if you are a world class like Ronaldo or Mourinho, then you are just a world class player/a coach who is annoying as hell.
The bigger problem is when you are just an average/unproven player and you are already acting like a dick.

DinhoR10

Ok, but till one point=that is just an ego, your motive for competitiveness, something that drives you forward
-- something positive, in one way
But after some point=you are just a strange guy who irritates most of the football fans like Ronaldo, Adriano in his Inter days, Zlatan in his worst episodes, Mourinho, random Chelsea player etc

Also, if you are a world class like Ronaldo or Mourinho, then you are just a world class player/a coach who is annoying as hell.
The bigger problem is when you are just an average/unproven player and you are already acting like a dick.

But what im saying is before Messi was Messi or Ronaldo was Ronaldo or Robben was Robben they were unproven talents with the same personalities on the pitch (Messi was timid off it but when he was on the field he was a lion in every sense of the word). Criticize him for holding on to the ball too much or going for glory too much but not for being just like all our current Forwards sans Pedro. I admit he was too outright with his distaste but just coming back from injury probably exacerbated his anger since he's eager to make his name here. He's still just a kid.

Home of Barca Fans