FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

F

Flavia

He's completely right. We witnessed the degeneration year after year... just another part of rosell's legacy.

Alik

How is the board responsible for the degeneration of La Masia's values? Not disagreeing, just want to understand.

L

linetty

Wow, it got serious... I wonder how is he supposed to get along with the boys now? They must be looking weird at each other. Gotta take Samper out of there ASAP.

anguy

He's completely right. We witnessed the degeneration year after year... just another part of rosell's legacy.

BS, this team was 3rd last year. We also did great under LE. That was part of Rosell's era too, or have you forgotten? Sure there are not many B-team players coming into 1st team, but it is because the competition is now higher. Maybe you mean that todays B-team players feel "entitled" to have a place in A-team, but that's not Rossells fault, but the result of our youth program success. In other world class teams like Madrid young players know they won't have much of a chance, but in Barca after watching our Masia products, they simply must believe the hype. If player like Suarez and Halilovic thought they won't have a decent chance to end up in A-team, they would have never chosen Barcelona.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Right. And reaching 3rd place last season is degeneration? What happened is that we moved on all of the older, experienced players which blew up in our face.

F

Flavia

He wasn't talking about table positions, but about la masia values. That these players don't have them anymore.

Zangash

Banned
BS, this team was 3rd last year. We also did great under LE. That was part of Rosell's era too, or have you forgotten? Sure there are not many B-team players coming into 1st team, but it is because the competition is now higher. Maybe you mean that todays B-team players feel "entitled" to have a place in A-team, but that's not Rossells fault, but the result of our youth program success. In other world class teams like Madrid young players know they won't have much of a chance, but in Barca after watching our Masia products, they simply must believe the hype. If player like Suarez and Halilovic thought they won't have a decent chance to end up in A-team, they would have never chosen Barcelona.

Last time I checked La Masia was more than just the B team its values were more than just their position on the table. If you actually take a moment to look at it, the B team is hardly even La Masia.

Of course, that's the mentality the board has at the moment, so I'm not surprised.

Alik

Last time I checked La Masia was more than just the B team its values were more than just their position on the table. If you actually take a moment to look at it, the B team is hardly even La Masia.

Of course, that's the mentality the board has at the moment, so I'm not surprised.

?

The majority of Barca B players are from La Masia.

Again, what did the board do to degenerate these values and what are the signs of this?

Zangash

Banned
?

The majority of Barca B players are from La Masia.

Again, what did the board do to degenerate these values and what are the signs of this?

Gumbau, Halilovic, Oier, Diagne, Edgar IE, Suarez, Joan Roman, that blond winger Eusobio liked who was really bad (Genuinely cannot recall his name or where he went this summer), etc are all players who never spent a day in the youth teams but are/have been major parts of the B team squad in just the past few seasons alone.

What the board did is largely opinion based and if you don't think it yourself you're likely to resist, and I'm really not interested in having this discussion. The transfer ban alone should be a clear enough indicator that something is wrong with how the board is handling things.

khaled_a_d

He wasn't talking about table positions, but about la masia values. That these players don't have them anymore.

What values? The fact that some of the face of la masia look like nice persons doesn't mean that it was always that way
GDS was la masia product and made it to 1st team and he was a trouble maker .Halilovic for example doesn't look half bad as him
And even if he was right ,he should never say it to the media

Alik

Gumbau, Halilovic, Oier, Diagne, Edgar IE, Suarez, Joan Roman, that blond winger Eusobio liked who was really bad (Genuinely cannot recall his name or where he went this summer), etc are all players who never spent a day in the youth teams but are/have been major parts of the B team squad in just the past few seasons alone.

Oier is not in the team. So 6 players out of a squad 27 players qualifies as "the team is hardly La Masia" :rolleyes: Barca B has always brought in players from outside. This has nothing to do with La Masia values.

What the board did is largely opinion based and if you don't think it yourself you're likely to resist, and I'm really not interested in having this discussion. The transfer ban alone should be a clear enough indicator that something is wrong with how the board is handling things.

So basically your comment was just a hate comment with no substance.

I don't have a personal opinion because I don't know what on earth Vinyals was talking about, and when I ask here it seems like none of you know either.

BBZ8800

Oier is not in the team. So 6 players out of a squad 27 players qualifies as "the team is hardly La Masia" :rolleyes: Barca B has always brought in players from outside. This has nothing to do with La Masia values.

So basically your comment was just a hate comment with no substance.

I don't have a personal opinion because I don't know what on earth Vinyals was talking about, and when I ask here it seems like none of you know either.

Imo, in general, kids (all kids) are more rude than 20 years ago.
Imo, roughly, in the past, 2 out of 10 kids would be rude and arrogant like Halilovic or someone else.
Today probably 4-5 of 10 kids are that way. Spoilt, rude, arrogant. Facebook, Twitter, sex and drugs on every corner, years of watching Kardashian's, Miley Cyrus and similar crap on TV and kids are starting to think that a behavior from Tv stars is something desirable.

I don't know about what Vinyals was talking about, but I would say:
1. kids are more rude in general
2. no one in Barca (a coach or some teacher, I don't know) don't talk with them and try to teach them some more important values, while their are still young and while you can still "influence" them
3. on a sporting side, this board managed to get a one year ban because of their transfers of youth players, plus one of their biggest acquisitions was a new Messi (lol) Halilovic

Points 2 and 3 are enough for me to say that the current board are a failure both in teaching kids and in choosing whom to sign as a future superstar.

Last edited:

Alik

Imo, in general, kids (all kids) are more rude than 20 years ago.
Imo, roughly, in the past, 2 out of 10 kids would be rude and arrogant like Halilovic or someone else.
Today probably 4-5 of 10 kids are that way. Spoilt, rude, arrogant. Facebook, Twitter, sex and drugs on every corner, years of watching Kardashian's, Miley Cyrus and similar crap on TV and kids are starting to think that a behavior from Tv stars is something desirable.

I don't know about what Vinyals was talking about, but I would say:
1. kids are more rude in general
2. no one in Barca (a coach or some teacher, I don't know) don't talk with them and try to teach them some more important values, while their are still young and while you can still "influence" them
3. on a sporting side, this board managed to get a one year ban because of their transfers of youth players, plus one of their biggest acquisitions was a new Messi (lol) Halilovic

Points 2 and 3 are enough for me to say that the current board are a failure both in teaching kids and in choosing whom to sign as a future superstar.

1. If kids are more rude/spoilt and watch tv and use social networking in our society today, that's not the boards fault. :p

2. Ok, that may be. Perhaps, there's a bunch of drama behind the scenes and our youth has no values. Not that we've seen much of it. Before we blamed their (Adama's) attitude due to Eusebio's mishandling of them.

3. You said it yourself. Not every year we'll see super stars coming out of La Masia. The transfer ban has nothing to do with values. Signing Halilovic is a sign of poor scounting, but not of degenerating La Masia values.

The issue is "degenerating La Masia values" and how the board is responsible for this. I don't believe society being different today can be blamed on anyone in particular.

The transfer ban and the signing of players is another issue altogether.

(With regards to the signing of young players, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's even riskier that with the signing of established players.)

F

Flavia

Everything is personal opinion, but take a look at deulo, for example. he developed a primadonna behaviour, and had to go to everton to tone it down. And it doesn't seem that it worked. La masia used to be a place where hard work and patience were stimulated and rewarded, not egos. Adama is also showing some signs of a big ego. I don't think this was down to Eusebio, more of a systematic failure of the institution. It needs to be recovered, capable people need to be put in charge again.

Home of Barca Fans