FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Zangash

Banned
Oier is not in the team. So 6 players out of a squad 27 players qualifies as "the team is hardly La Masia" :rolleyes: Barca B has always brought in players from outside.

Oier was the starting goalkeeper for Barca B while Masip sat on the bench. Whether he's still here or not isn't relevant to the point I was making. And I never said bringing in new players is new to Barca B, either. Them bringing in new players constantly is the reason why I don't consider it to be La Masia, however.

This has nothing to do with La Masia values.

I specifically said Barca B is hardly La Masia to make exactly this point.

So basically your comment was just a hate comment with no substance.

If you say so.

I don't have a personal opinion because I don't know what on earth Vinyals was talking about, and when I ask here it seems like none of you know either.

In our squad of youngsters there's far more importance put on individual quality than team play. This seems to be starting at least on the Juvenil A level. More and more of our players come up thinking more about themselves than for the team, and players who are supposed to be the next ___ are being signed with contracts that promise them promotions they aren't good enough to receive. We have talents like Adama, Deulofeu, Halilovic, Sanabria, Canos, Bellerin, etc. coming through the ranks who think the world is at their feet before they even put their shoes on and it is like this for nearly every promising prospect we have. Munir is the closest to being as humble minded as one would expect a La Masia grad to be and that's likely because he was close to being cut from the team altogether (Zubi renewed his contract roughly 4 months before it expired) before his sudden surge in ability.

But once again, that's just my opinion. There's a lot on the inside that I obviously am unable to see for myself.

Alik

Everything is personal opinion, but take a look at deulo, for example. he developed a primadonna behaviour, and had to go to everton to tone it down. And it doesn't seem that it worked. La masia used to be a place where hard work and patience were stimulated and rewarded, not egos. Adama is also showing some signs of a big ego. I don't think this was down to Eusebio, more of a systematic failure of the institution. It needs to be recovered, capable people need to be put in charge again.

In our squad of youngsters there's far more importance put on individual quality than team play. This seems to be starting at least on the Juvenil A level. More and more of our players come up thinking more about themselves than for the team, and players who are supposed to be the next ___ are being signed with contracts that promise them promotions they aren't good enough to receive. We have talents like Adama, Deulofeu, Halilovic, Sanabria, Canos, Bellerin, etc. coming through the ranks who think the world is at their feet before they even put their shoes on and it is like this for nearly every promising prospect we have. Munir is the closest to being as humble minded as one would expect a La Masia grad to be and that's likely because he was close to being cut from the team altogether (Zubi renewed his contract roughly 4 months before it expired) before his sudden surge in ability.

But once again, that's just my opinion. There's a lot on the inside that I obviously am unable to see for myself.

Ok, agreed. Although it's hard to keep track this sort of stuff and we don't know what changed. And perhaps it's partly due to the increase in hype that every talented youngster has nowadays. Didn't Bojan also have an attitude problem? But yes, ultimately the blame will lie on the top level of management.

Indeed, didn't mean to make a big discussion about it. Sometimes it seems like every shower that doesn't work, or piece of chewing gum stuck underneath a chair, would automatically be blamed on the board :p

Last edited:

JamDav1982

There have always been players with egos in La Masia.

Many players have left as they think they can win more money elsewhere and many have not fulfilled their potential due to poorer attitudes.

But the vast majority of players in the b team now and in the past few years have had good attitudes - Barta, Montoya, Roberto, Rafinha, Tello, Cuenca, Masip, Samper.

So to focus on the likes of Adama and Duelo ahead of those other players is a bit unfair.

Duelo had an attitude years ago anyway.

khaled_a_d

Many players have left as they think they can win more money elsewhere and many have not fulfilled their potential due to poorer attitudes.

But the vast majority of players in the b team now and in the past few years have had good attitudes - Barta, Montoya, Roberto, Rafinha, Tello, Cuenca, Masip, Samper.

So to focus on the likes of Adama and Duelo ahead of those other players is a bit unfair.

Duelo had an attitude years ago anyway.

This ,and again players like Giovanni Dos Santos had way worse attitude problem than Halilovic/Adama/Duelo ever had

yahudi

And I never said bringing in new players is new to Barca B, either. Them bringing in new players constantly is the reason why I don't consider it to be La Masia, however.

Every Masia team recruits players from other teams, this is not exclusive to Barca B.

A few players usually considered as Masia graduates actually spent less than three years in the Cantera.

More and more of our players come up thinking more about themselves than for the team, and players who are supposed to be the next ___ are being signed with contracts that promise them promotions they aren't good enough to receive.

Those automatic promotion contracts really need to go

True. For every Cesc, there is a Merida.

Why is Samper not in the squad? Is he with Spain?

Samper is with Spain U21

edit: With Ortola suspended and Ondoa on international duty, we'll see Juvenil A keeper Lara on the bench. Also no Diagne, Halilovic or Munir

Last edited:
L

linetty

11 OFICIAL Barça B:

J. Suárez
Grimaldo
Patric
Edgar Ié
Adama
Dongou
Gumbau
J. Cámara