FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

God Serena

Yeah he left due to lack of playing Time? I believe with Barca B and that he struggled a season ago and probably thought it was time to move on.

Lol he started almost every game. The club released him from his contract, most likely due to poor performances. Most of our defensive screwups had him at the center of it.

khaled_a_d

Yeah ,he was really bad ,I think the decision was mutual IIRC .he felt he has no future in Barcelona and Villarreal was really interested and him and may be he felt he could make it there .we weren't interested in keeping him either

xXKonan

Lol he started almost every game. The club released him from his contract, most likely due to poor performances. Most of our defensive screwups had him at the center of it.
That's what I read from a couple of Journalists when he was Released he thought he had no future here due to some Defenders coming up through the ranks.

I remember some other Barca Fans on other fan pages talked about Edgar being one of the next big defenders from Barca B that could possibly be good enough for the First team. But the games I watched a season ago he was a Mess (To be fair Barca B was a mess last season) I guess him going to Villarreal could be a good thing and could get him back on track to be a solid CB eventually.

khaled_a_d

That's what I read from a couple of Journalists when he was Released he thought he had no future here due to some Defenders coming up through the ranks.

I remember some other Barca Fans on other fan pages talked about Edgar being one of the next big defenders from Barca B that could possibly be good enough for the First team. But the games I watched a season ago he was a Mess (To be fair Barca B was a mess last season) I guess him going to Villarreal could be a good thing and could get him back on track to be a solid CB eventually.

In his 1st season he was injured most of he season ,started to play in May and in the 6 games he played he impressed people a lot . that year was the year of Varane emergence btw and if you remember how desperate Barca fans to find our own Varane .Ie was a perfect candidate in our youth ranks .he also had some good performance with Portugal NT in U-20 WC
But next season he suffered from injuries again ,playing only 13 games .he wasn't very good at that season IIRC but that was my opinion
Last year he was finally healthy and we finally had a chance and it seemed that the original hype was just a result from a small sample ,or may be injuries has hurted him .

God Serena

People also hailed Frank Bagnack as our next great defender because Tata Martino called him up for preseason but he was even worse than IE lol. Most of the time this type of hype comes from people who haven't seen Barca B play a single time and if they have they don't watch them very much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People also hailed Frank Bagnack as our next great defender because Tata Martino called him up for preseason but he was even worse than IE lol. Most of the time this type of hype comes from people who haven't seen Barca B play a single time and if they have they don't watch them very much.

In all fairness, Bagnack did okay the times he played for the 1st team on that pre-season tour.

Was horrible overall though. Don't think I've seen a defender that bad and prone to mistakes(of all kind lol) ever in any level. And I really mean it.

* Might have exaggerated a bit, but point remains

Last edited:

God Serena

In all fairness, Bagnack did okay the times he played for the 1st team on that pre-season tour.

Was horrible overall though. Don't think I've seen a defender that bad and prone to mistakes(of all kind lol) ever in any level. And I really mean it.

* Might have exaggerated a bit, but point remains

Lol, he did okay, but in all fairness, he wasn't anything special at all. And I saw people advocating for him being able to shore up our defense without even knowing that mere hours earlier he'd costed the B team two goals in rapid succession. It was funny and sad at the same time. What is Bojan's word for that? Tragicomical?

Home of Barca Fans