FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

God Serena

What is Aitors strengths and weaknesses in your opinion?

Not putting any words in mouths. The hyperbole used to describe him on Twitter and Reddit etc is ridiculous. Go have a look.

Aitor is our top goalscorer. All this "Good enough" talk is total bollocks. Good enough for what? I don't personally care for the kid at all but it makes no sense to release the only forward we have scoring goals when we have other forwards on the team that aren't even good enough to start.

God Serena

We're signing more competent forwards, are we not?

Uh, no. Not from what we've been shown, anyways. The only forward we've signed that played is just as bad as Dongou and the new forward that joined is a giant question mark but from what I can see he's not exactly a superstar. This is without even bring fatboy Robert into the equation who can't even play because he failed his medical, is overweight, and has paperwork issues.

JamDav1982

Aitor is our top goalscorer. All this "Good enough" talk is total bollocks. Good enough for what? I don't personally care for the kid at all but it makes no sense to release the only forward we have scoring goals when we have other forwards on the team that aren't even good enough to start.

I am well aware he is top scorer. Is that all this is based on?

Not scored a huge amount and could easily be seen as not good enough despite those goals.

God Serena

I am well aware he is top scorer. Is that all this is based on?

Not scored a huge amount and could easily be seen as not good enough despite those goals.

It's based on the fact that Dongou is a confirmed flop by basically everyone.

Thinking about it though, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering with this. You've still yet to address the club's treatment of Jose Suarez.

JamDav1982

It's based on the fact that Dongou is a confirmed flop by basically everyone.

Thinking about it though, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering with this. You've still yet to address the club's treatment of Jose Suarez.

Ignoring Dongou do you think Aitor is a loss to the B team and the club'on his ability alone?

How long did Suarez have left on contract? Will his treatment get finished? What did they offer him as package?

Ability wise watching him last season he looked nowhere near being a player that would step up to first team.

Last edited:

God Serena

Ignoring Dongou do you think Aitor is a loss to the B team and the club'on his ability alone?

How long did Suarez have left on contract? Will his treatment get finished? What did they offer him as package?

Ability wise watching him last season he looked nowhere near being a player that would step up to first team.

I do consider Aitor to be a loss. Not a big one, but a loss nonetheless. His goal tally was due to him being our best attacker and if it looks small, it just says more about how badly we're lacking up front which only further emphasizes how absurd getting rid of him was.

Suarez has a couple of years left on his contract iirc, and his treatment won't finish until April/May. They're offering him the same "Full salary, now gtfo" package they offer all of their players. At least Abidal was allowed to stay at the club until he recovered.

We're not even talking about the first team here. The objective is to stop the B team from getting relegated to the 4th division.

JamDav1982

I do consider Aitor to be a loss. Not a big one, but a loss nonetheless. His goal tally was due to him being our best attacker and if it looks small, it just says more about how badly we're lacking up front which only further emphasizes how absurd getting rid of him was.

Suarez has a couple of years left on his contract iirc, and his treatment won't finish until April/May. They're offering him the same "Full salary, now gtfo" package they offer all of their players. At least Abidal was allowed to stay at the club until he recovered.

We're not even talking about the first team here. The objective is to stop the B team from getting relegated to the 4th division.

Being best of bad bunch doesn't make him a loss ane you are purely basing that on goals and have no real idea of week in week out performances anyway.

The fact they are looking to let him go I'd not just by chance they see something in him not being good enough to help keep team up. Could prove to be right if wrong let's wait and see.

You think Suarez treatment for injury would stop? Of course it wouldn't. There has been no mention of that.

Keeping him now doesn't help at all staying up either so it is more relevant his ability and how good he could be going forward.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

In dire straits, sentiments go out the door. The management obviously thinks that these new players will help the B team more than those who were let go could.

Let's see how it plays out before we start throwing boots at each other.

khaled_a_d

In dire straits, sentiments go out the door. The management obviously thinks that these new players will help the B team more than those who were let go could.

Let's see how it plays out before we start throwing boots at each other.

While I agree we should wait b4 judge ,people will always (and rightfully) have opinions about changes the boards makes .it happens sometime they are right
Like when RM hired Benitez .almost every fan out there thought it was wrong decision and they were right . another example of how fans was mad at Lucho for playing Gumbau over Samper .now Samper is back to be ahead of him
Back to Aitor , the thing is he was actually better than many other players while being still very young too with some potential to be a player who could get us couple of millions in a couple of years .
No big deal but the fact that a player who is clearly inferior like Dongou stayed hurts . Is that worthd "rants" and the whole sky is falling knee jerk reaction on twitter? no but that doesn't mean we should like it either

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is the point of signing a bunch of 25-year-olds for the B team? The role of the B team is not to compete for a major trophy, it is to groom players for the first team.

:facepalm:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The team comprised entirely of youngsters flopped hard. This is damage control for what turned out to be an idealistic but impractical decision.

The objective is to not get relegated again.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we win the Segunda/Liga Adelante with a bunch of experienced players without having the possibility of being promoted year after year, it is still not going to make me happy.

The primary role of the B team is not to win silverware.

Home of Barca Fans