FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

yahudi

Kuki can also play as a CAM, and probably as a winger. He is not your typical striker, but more of a false 9. I'd sign him, he has great potential. The players in the B-team have to compete for a spot in the first XI, it shouldn't just be given to them based on the talent they possess. I think Kuki will be a better fit than Chamorro, for instance, who has had a lot of playing time until now.

I don't see Chamorro in the next year's squad anyway. But for the 3 spots upfront there are already Lee and Mujica knocking on the B team's door. For the 2 midfield spots, there are Alena, Paik and Carbonell. I'd guess other positions would be in bigger need of external talent

khaled_a_d

Starting to think that Kaptoum might be worth loaning out next year ,if Rayo get relegated as expected but kept Paco it could be a perfect place for his development

Messi983

Oh absolutely, I see him playing regularly now. Gracia really has done a fantastic job there this year.

I've been meaning to ask, any idea how Sergi Darder is doing in France? Such a shame that a talent like that was lost in the way he was.

I don't follow Lyon or Ligue 1 closely but from what I've read Darder had problems early to adapt to new team but is doing a lot better lately.

I don't see Chamorro in the next year's squad anyway. But for the 3 spots upfront there are already Lee and Mujica knocking on the B team's door. For the 2 midfield spots, there are Alena, Paik and Carbonell. I'd guess other positions would be in bigger need of external talent

It's not just about Barça B next season, it's about first team in 2-3 years. If you read transfer rumours thread people are worried about our future after MSN and think we should buy younger forward.

We don't know how Lee and Mujica will develop over the next 2-3 seasons and if we can get highly rated spanish youngster like Kuki for a relatively low cost, we should do it. Let him develop and play in Barça B (he can ocassionaly train with first team) for a season or two and see, how he progress, then maybe loan him to La Liga team like we did with Denis and Alen. If we are lucky, all three of Lee, Mujica and Kuki can make it to the first team in a few years but it's more likely that only one of them will do it. More talent we assemble (both from progresing through youth ranks of La Masia and by buying some of talented youngsters from other teams) more likely is that at least one of them will finally make a big step to be a solid longterm first team player, if not future superstar. I prefer that way of bringing youth talent into the club than spending 20 or 30M on one (also young and pretty unproven) 20 yo forward directly for the first team and then let him root on the bench behind MSN and stall his development.

yahudi

It's not just about Barça B next season, it's about first team in 2-3 years. If you read transfer rumours thread people are worried about our future after MSN and think we should buy younger forward.

We don't know how Lee and Mujica will develop over the next 2-3 seasons and if we can get highly rated spanish youngster like Kuki for a relatively low cost, we should do it. Let him develop and play in Barça B [...]

...which is exactly the point I am making. There is no way that Lee, Mujica and Kuki would play at the same time. The last time a coach tried to shoehorn three talents in one striker line, Barca B went down to Segunda B.

If we are lucky, all three of Lee, Mujica and Kuki can make it to the first team in a few years but it's more likely that only one of them will do it. More talent we assemble (both from progresing through youth ranks of La Masia and by buying some of talented youngsters from other teams) more likely is that at least one of them will finally make a big step to be a solid longterm first team player, if not future superstar. I prefer that way of bringing youth talent into the club than spending 20 or 30M on one (also young and pretty unproven) 20 yo forward directly for the first team and then let him root on the bench behind MSN and stall his development.

Absolutely disagree here. The quantity of talent does not translate to the progress each of them makes. The idea of having the B team built solely on young talent was exactly the downfall of Eusebio at Barca B.

I'd much rather have only 2-3 "perlas" in the B team but have them develop in a productive environment at least to solid La Liga level, instead of having 15 talented 18 year-olds wasting their formative years in a defunctional team. If Barca want to keep tabs on Kuki, there are several other options without taking him to Barca B.

khaled_a_d

...which is exactly the point I am making. There is no way that Lee, Mujica and Kuki would play at the same time. The last time a coach tried to shoehorn three talents in one striker line, Barca B went down to Segunda B.

Absolutely disagree here. The quantity of talent does not translate to the progress each of them makes. The idea of having the B team built solely on young talent was exactly the downfall of Eusebio at Barca B.

I'd much rather have only 2-3 "perlas" in the B team but have them develop in a productive environment at least to solid La Liga level, instead of having 15 talented 18 year-olds wasting their formative years in a defunctional team. If Barca want to keep tabs on Kuki, there are several other options without taking him to Barca B.

We don't know who is gonna start with Barca B and who won't .who is staying with Juvenil or get promoted or who is leaving on loan yet
And more important than anything ,we don't really know how our prospects rated in comparison to other prospects in Spain and worldwide
You see ,we always had prospects that people rate very highly and they end up with a career in Segunda ,simply one of the reasons of that that the cyber youth experts and the fans usually watch youth games for our own youth team only .scouts on the other hand watch ou own and those outside the club .that give them better estimation of the talents we have
While everyone wish that Lee is gonna be with B team next year and will be a superstar for the future _the idea of giving FIFA the middle finger alone make us want him to succeed_ but the truth is that he can play in Juvenil for one more year and he lost huge part of his development .it could be simply a case of finding an actually superior talent to the one we have .
Simply ,having all 3 doesn't mean they will be our own starting front 3 with Barca B next year .they will compete with the players the team already have and each others

xavi_the_Boss

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Málaga B forward 'Kuki' Zalazar (18), who was linked with Barcelona B, would be happy to join the club. Negotiations are ongoing. [sport]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/730766249064464384">12. Mai 2016</a></blockquote>[/tw]

God Serena

*Bursts through door*

Oh my god, I completely forgot about the b team. How did the babies finish the season? Will Alena/Mujica be promoted for next season?

khaled_a_d

We play in the last game right now , a win push the team to 8th place out of 20 in our group which overall is decent for a reserve team never mind when you factor the awful start we had and how half of the squad was renewed midway through the season . A loss mean we remain at 10th
Alena & Mujica rumored to get promoted ,but I think nothing official until the season is over

khaled_a_d

[youtube]watch?v=EEQi8jNJY1g[/youtube]

I hope he gets promoted next year ,I am not really a fan of keeping starting GK in the B team until he is 24 or older like we did with Oier & Masip . I also don't really like having 3 GKs in reserve team specially in Segunda B (less matches than Segunda)
This will hinder the possibility of standout GK to evolve tbh and it could really affect the younger prospects like it did with Ondoa .even if he was never gonna make it here we should at least care for those players career
Let Masip go,promote Ortola for a couple of years while Ezkieta & Suárez compete for Barca B no1 and Let Inaki Pena take over Juvenil A
Who knows ,may be we have a Bravo replacement to compete with Stegen in our academy

xavi_the_Boss

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sporting Gijón want to convince Barcelona to let Samper join them on loan. They are also interested in Gumbau and Kaptoum. [fichajes]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/734333370252038146">22. Mai 2016</a></blockquote>[/tw]

Messi983

Samper absolutely needs to be loaned to La Liga team. Depends on who else is interested but Sporting would be a good club for him.

I'd keep Gumbau in Barca B for another season. I don't think he has a future in first team but is still useful and has some experience. We can't change half of the B team again.

Don't know if Kaptoum is ready to play in La Liga. Would keep him in Barca B or maybe loan him to some Segunda team.

Home of Barca Fans