FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Trickykid

Final whistle. Wasn't pretty, we had way too little control over the proceedings despite playing against 10 men. Good moments by Alena, as usual.

navidjaan

Glad to hear our gem is doing good. How about Palencia and Tarin?

Palencia solid as per usual, especially in the first half where he was flawless. Tarin didn't have much to do except usual passing and such, but had both good interventions and some bad ones.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Palencia solid as per usual, especially in the first half where he was flawless. Tarin didn't have much to do except usual passing and such, but had both good interventions and some bad ones.

Cheers. I am still secretly hoping some of those boys make it to A team but knowing Lucho that's only pipe dreams.

navidjaan

Because his contract is expiring and managers don't tend to stay for ridiculous sums of time?

This. Not hard to imagine him leave and taking a sabbatical if he doesn't win La Liga or UCL this season, maybe taking over for Spain (he has said he wants to one day) if they go on to flop in Russia 2018.

Trickykid

Out of curiosity, who would you guys want as Lucho's successor in case he leaves next summer? We all know that Xavi will be our coach one day, but not this soon. Oscar Garcia would be an obvious candidate due to his history in the club and his Cruyff affiliation, but then again this could of course prevent him from getting the offer (or even accepting it) because of his history with the Rosell/Barto administration.

So, who else?

God Serena

Out of curiosity, who would you guys want as Lucho's successor in case he leaves next summer? We all know that Xavi will be our coach one day, but not this soon. Oscar Garcia would be an obvious candidate due to his history in the club and his Cruyff affiliation, but then again this could of course prevent him from getting the offer (or even accepting it) because of his history with the Rosell/Barto administration.

So, who else?

It'd probably be for the best to just let Messi be a player manager until Xavi is ready. Cut out the middle man, you know?

Seriously speaking though, I think Lucho is proof of any manager being able to do the job well if he knows what he's doing (I don't believe Lucho to be that great and doubt he has anywhere near this success elsewhere), so whoever our next manager is, if they have a clear style for how they want to play and are strict with the players... we should do fine, in theory.

Trickykid

It'd probably be for the best to just let Messi be a player manager until Xavi is ready. Cut out the middle man, you know?

Seriously speaking though, I think Lucho is proof of any manager being able to do the job well if he knows what he's doing (I don't believe Lucho to be that great and doubt he has anywhere near this success elsewhere), so whoever our next manager is, if they have a clear style for how they want to play and are strict with the players... we should do fine, in theory.

Well see, I think it's somewhat sad that you can't give Lucho credit for his job here so far. Reinventing a team that Pep couldn't and subsequently was more or less mismanaged by T&T was by no means an easy task. So far he's done an incredible job here.

God Serena

Well see, I think it's somewhat sad that you can't give Lucho credit for his job here so far. Reinventing a team that Pep couldn't and subsequently was more or less mismanaged by T&T was by no means an easy task. So far he's done an incredible job here.

Oh no, I'm definitely not taking credit away from him, I think he's doing a great job, despite the (many) decisions he makes that I disagree with. I just think that, looking at his track record prior to coming here, he's proof that any manager can come in and do a good job, if they have a clear idea of what they want. Tito was basically just Pep with a lot less of everything that made Pep great and Tata was... who even knows. If we get a manager who comes in who solidifies his style and who he is onto the squad and works with our players (Including La Masia), then I don't care who it is.

Jallo

Excuse MY RANT

I love Lucho for everything he has done for us. He has given us stability that we craved after Pep & Tito. But some of his decisions regarding our players seem out of touch with reality. He give him full credit & respect for getting Rafinha & Sergi Roberto to the next level. But his handling of Grimaldo & Tarin is just unforgivable.

Gives first priority to players whose only quality is that they are tall & strong and completely ignores the La Masia players in return. Examples Camara over Grimaldo, Gambau over Samper, Martinez over Tarin and Nilli over Palencia. It's so sad cause we were the first team to say technical talent over physical gifts, now we are just becaming like any other team. The Barca b can barely play possession style football, same with the Juvenile A. The first team lately also seems more and more to go for long balls as the first option.

Maybe Pep spoiled us with his ability to win with youth. People say La Masia has been dry the last couple of years maybe that's true, but I think Bartra, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, and Grimaldo would disagree.

If the next manager can show a bit more faith in our young players that would be ideal. I would look at Thomas Tuchel or convince Lucho to stay until there is another candidate. Lucho has any incredible ability to get the best out of his players, but he doesn't seem to like the La Masia prototype.

I also heard he doesn't let youth coaches watch 1st practices?Why is Gambau still seriously getting pt with the 1st team?
Would Lucho give 17 year old Messi his debut?

navidjaan

Excuse MY RANT

I love Lucho for everything he has done for us. He has given us stability that we craved after Pep & Tito. But some of his decisions regarding our players seem out of touch with reality. He give him full credit & respect for getting Rafinha & Sergi Roberto to the next level. But his handling of Grimaldo & Tarin is just unforgivable.

Gives first priority to players whose only quality is that they are tall & strong and completely ignores the La Masia players in return. Examples Camara over Grimaldo, Gambau over Samper, Martinez over Tarin and Nilli over Palencia. It's so sad cause we were the first team to say technical talent over physical gifts, now we are just becaming like any other team. The Barca b can barely play possession style football, same with the Juvenile A. The first team lately also seems more and more to go for long balls as the first option.

Maybe Pep spoiled us with his ability to win with youth. People say La Masia has been dry the last couple of years maybe that's true, but I think Bartra, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, and Grimaldo would disagree.

If the next manager can show a bit more faith in our young players that would be ideal. I would look at Thomas Tuchel or convince Lucho to stay until there is another candidate. Lucho has any incredible ability to get the best out of his players, but he doesn't seem to like the La Masia prototype.

I also heard he doesn't let youth coaches watch 1st practices?Why is Gambau still seriously getting pt with the 1st team?
Would Lucho give 17 year old Messi his debut?

Well said, although Barça B have started to have more and more possession in their games after 2-3 years where they've been the less dominant side in almost every game. Juvenil A definitely still keeps the majority of the ball, both in their regional league and UEFA Youth League.

Home of Barca Fans