FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

JamDav1982

I think the only starters next season for the B team might be Alena and Cucu. Palencia and Marlon if they stay there.

Probably just 4 out of 11 players with the many signings we're making.

What's the point?

Point is to try and develop them for first team. Who else do you want in there?

khaled_a_d

I think the only starters next season for the B team might be Alena and Cucu. Palencia and Marlon if they stay there.

Probably just 4 out of 11 players with the many signings we're making.

What's the point?

If it is done correctly then that isn't a bad approach. Basically to put it all to develop 4 players who has the chance to make it to 1st team.

Messi983

If it is done correctly then that isn't a bad approach. Basically to put it all to develop 4 players who has the chance to make it to 1st team.

Agree.

And maybe we'll get one or two younger players from the outside (like Vitinho) who could possiby have a future in first team as well. Other new signings will probably just be players with experience from Segunda who will help our own youngsters to develop. I don't see this as a bad thing either but too many changes probably won't be good as team will need time to gel together.

Another thing, I've read we are close to sign Anthony Lozano from Tenerife. According to TM he's still a non EU player at this time but he's been at Tenerife for 2 seasons so it's possible he could get a spanish citizenship soon. If not then there won't be a place for him, Vitinho and Marlon.

Messi983

Araujo (LB) is highly rated by the Celta fans. He is supposed to give Cucu a good competition on the LB spot.

Don't know anything about him but if you are correct I'm wondering if this is some kind of "insurance policy" for B team if Cucu will get promoted to the first team. There are still rumours about Inter wanting Digne and if they'll send a good offer and Cucu will convince Valverde in preseason maybe we'll sell the Frenchman. Personally I'd let Cucu play regularly in Segunda while train occasionally and get some minutes with the first team but if Valverde will think he's ready then it's possible.

JamDav1982

Don't know anything about him but if you are correct I'm wondering if this is some kind of "insurance policy" for B team if Cucu will get promoted to the first team. There are still rumours about Inter wanting Digne and if they'll send a good offer and Cucu will convince Valverde in preseason maybe we'll sell the Frenchman. Personally I'd let Cucu play regularly in Segunda while train occasionally and get some minutes with the first team but if Valverde will think he's ready then it's possible.

No chance they are planning on selling Digne and give a lot of first team minutes to Cucu yet.

If anything it is probably more to allow him gradual step up to Segunda if thats what he needs. The jump is a big one from last season to next.

God Serena

They're probably prepared to not have Cucu around as much as they'd like to. Especially if he impresses Valverde. Worst case scenario is Araujo doesn't get as many minutes as he'd prefer, best case is Cucu spends a lot of time with the first team.

Messi983

I'm not saying they are planning that but it could still happen. The plan is probably to slowly integrate Cucu (and others like Marlon, Palencia and Alena) into first team and I'm ok with that. There is no need to rush them and possibly ruin their careers at the club.

But at the same time I think Valverde won't be affraid to give a chance to our youngsters and IF Cucu will have a great preseason (and he'll have a hard task going against MSN - and Paulinho :p - dailly on trainings and playing against teams like RM and Juve) and Inter offers something like 20M for Digne I think we'll consider selling him and promoting Cucu. Don't know what their current wages are but there is no doubt Digne is paid more than Cucu. And if we can recuperate transfer fee we paid for the Frenchman and also saved let's say 3m in wages by keeping our own kid (Cucu) who would be at least as good right now and potentially better longterm than an outside player (Digne) that's the way we should go. It would also send the right message to other La Masia kids if we'd do that.

I agree it's unlikely that will happen this summer in Digne/Cucu case but if everything goes good it could happen next year. Same could happen with Vidal/Palencia at backup RB position. Though I'd still keep Vidal as backup RW if we'll play 4-2-3-1 and he'll prove to be better in that role than other options we currently have like Deulofeu and Rafinha if we manage to get Dembele next year.

Of course I'd be even more happy if Cucu would show he can be our longterm starter so we could sell Alba (I'm getting tired of his antics) while we can still get good money for him and keep Cucu/Digne for the future.

khaled_a_d

There is 42 games for Barca B in Segunda. Usually even starters don't get more than 35 games. most players get around 25-32 or around that and there is rotations.
We can't go with one player in any position, I don't think getting Araujo has anything to do with Cucu and his 1st team integration,he will provide depth and competition for Cucu and ease his way in Segunda if he(Cucu) didn't translate immediately. Celta get their 21 years old LB to prepare himself in Segunda rather than 3rd division. It is a win win situation really

God Serena

There is 42 games for Barca B in Segunda. Usually even starters don't get more than 35 games. most players get around 25-32 or around that and there is rotations.
We can't go with one player in any position, I don't think getting Araujo has anything to do with Cucu and his 1st team integration,he will provide depth and competition for Cucu and ease his way in Segunda if he(Cucu) didn't translate immediately. Celta get their 21 years old LB to prepare himself in Segunda rather than 3rd division. It is a win win situation really

Barca B also has Moi, though. That's 3 players for one position. 4, if you consider that Palencia can play LB as well.

xXKonan

Albert Roge theorizes that Moi will not continue at Barca B next season and that's why we brought in Araujo.

Messi983

I was just thinking about that option because we still have Moi but now it seems he'll leave so everything you said makes sense.

Home of Barca Fans