FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

ShandyFFM

taking the lead in the 86 min... he takes off deulofeu and brings on dongou.... WHY ???? why no defender omg

yahudi

Weren't young players actually supposed to go through the three phases of development in the B team? Some of the guys (Oier, Planas, Sergi Roberto) have been there for like 4-5 years.

ShandyFFM

that pass from deulofeu to rafinha ..wow... hes ronaldo style but with barca blood.. bring him to the first team i say

Tonykross

Barcelona B has conceded more goals than all the four teams in relegation. The offense has been keeping this team afloat or else will be relegated. non of the defenders in team B will even make it to the top flight La liga.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Weren't young players actually supposed to go through the three phases of development in the B team? Some of the guys (Oier, Planas, Sergi Roberto) have been there for like 4-5 years.

Not everyone is talented enough

yahudi

Not everyone is talented enough

That I understand.

I'm not talking about promoting all of them, but letting them gain experience somewhere else. Oier, for example, was stuck in the B-team without any chances of promotion for the last 4-5 years. Maybe a loan to another Segunda side or moving abroad (like Carvajal did from Madrid to Leverkusen) could've helped him or Planas to take the next step in their career.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah, some of them will have to leave. Oier for sure won't stay as he'll have to be promoted due to a clause in his contract.

Indignado

Oier is one of those who's not talented enough. Planas isn't either, plus we have Alba as left back and Grimaldo who's much more talented will be there in some years. I think both Oier and Planas will leave. As for Sergi, I don't think he's not talented enough but the competition in midfield is bigger than ever, which forced him to stay one year longer. I'm pretty sure he will be promoted next season.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Oier is one of those who's not talented enough. Planas isn't either, plus we have Alba as left back and Grimaldo who's much more talented will be there in some years. I think both Oier and Planas will leave. As for Sergi, I don't think he's not talented enough but the competition in midfield is bigger than ever, which forced him to stay one year longer. I'm pretty sure he will be promoted next season.

Agreed on your assessments of players, but I think Sergi will be loaned out and Planas will be kept as Grimaldo is injured.

barcanuck

The commentator on the highlights is hilarious. Deulofeu's first goal was so Cristiano like. This guy is a Catalan replica I'm telling you guys.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I wouldn't compare him to CR that much anymore. Deulo has MUCH more ball control and agility which allows him to dribble through/in between 3-4 defenders at a time whereas Cristiano relies mainly on speed and open space. Also Cristiano has that premier league side on him with his aerial prowess and longshot ability. Deulofeu is more of his own player that could be a really good fit for Barcelona if he improves and continues the way he is. He's tall/physical enough to not be pushed off the ball, has blazing speed and acceleration, agility and unbelievable dribbling ability, and good passes when he chooses to. In his younger years he was a lot like CR in terms of style and attitude, but now he's changed and is evolving into his own style.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Very true about the shooting. I don't think I've seen Deulofeu shoot with his wrist even once...

Home of Barca Fans