FC Barcelona Finances

Devils

Even if we do go into financial ruin, someone will come and bail us out.

Why? Because we are FC Barcelona and we are too big to fail.

And we don't care about your feeling on that!

serghei

In before we announce the 4th financial lever which is meant to cancel the first 3 levers after we get everyone registered and Tebas is in the mud :lol:.

jamrock

Selling 15% of future TV rights will never ever run us into financial ruin, anyone who says or thinks that is frankly stupid.

It may mean we won't be able to compete dollar for dollar with the oil clubs & epl teams, but that's already the case, we'll just have do be smarter with how we conduct our business & rely on Masia to fill certain gaps in the squad, which is what we should be doing anyways.

We'll be fine, like it had been said many times, this deal gives us some breathing room in the short term & allows us to complete & refocus on the medium term, which some may or may not like but it what we are demanded to do on the field, you can't just turn off & on the competitive switch, especially in our case were we can't be bought out by a billionaire.

I think sid low put it best when he said, I'm paraphrasing here,all financial concerns but me balance with the short, medium & long term competitiveness of the team.

We can't roll over act dead for 5 years then think we can just flip that switch again, 15% is fine we'll be okay.

So long as we don't use another 15% lol.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca will never go bust but 40m a season is a lot to give up.

Will have a decent impact on how much Barca can compete in market at that point.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Selling 15% of future TV rights will never ever run us into financial ruin, anyone who says or thinks that is frankly stupid.

It may mean we won't be able to compete dollar for dollar with the oil clubs & epl teams, but that's already the case, we'll just have do be smarter with how we conduct our business & rely on Masia to fill certain gaps in the squad, which is what we should be doing anyways.

We'll be fine, like it had been said many times, this deal gives us some breathing room in the short term & allows us to complete & refocus on the medium term, which some may or may not like but it what we are demanded to do on the field, you can't just turn off & on the competitive switch, especially in our case were we can't be bought us by a billionaire.

I think sid low put it best when he said, I'm paraphrasing here,all financial concerns but me balance with the short, medium & long term competitiveness of the team.

We can't roll over act dead for 5 years then think we can just flip that switch again, 15% is fine we'll be okay.

So long as we don't use another 15% lol.

25% actually with lever 1 and 2.

Are you sure about the 400m figure? I read lower than that. 207m for the first 10%, there is no way Six Street will pay us 400m for another 15%.

jamrock

25% actually with lever 1 and 2.

Are you sure about the 400m figure? I read lower than that. 207m for the first 10%, there is no way Six Street will pay us 400m for another 15%.

Yea 25% my bad.

400m is what is being reported by sport for the additional 15%, unless the translation is wrong.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/segunda-palanca-activada-14133533

I think in 6th Street mind, they just see everything as 25%, that first 10% was probably just push through because we needed it by July 1st.

JamDav1982

I think the capital gain is 400m for this season but the offer from sixth street is closer to 300m.

Similar first deal when it was 10% for 207m but classed as a gain of over 260m.

JamDav1982

It is a gamble by Barca no doubt about it.

They may be taking that gamble on back of if it all goes tits up the club can choose to sell 49% if socios agreed to it which could easy be case if drastic situation but they kept element of control over club.

Also it is not really 25 yeasrs of 40m hit as Barca should feel benefit of this window for a good few years yet.

jamrock

I read that yesterday & stop reading at Puig lol

That article is trash & the guardian knows it, which is why they turn off the comments.

vinni

Haha, i agree its a bit off some places, but i do think it have some valid points. Espcially that our brand and image might be more important mid/long term then our finances.

JamDav1982

Haha, i agree its a bit off some places, but i do think it have some valid points. Espcially that our brand and image might be more important mid/long term then our finances.

That argument works both ways.

If the club suffer with success in future and this deal plays a part the brand would be impacted then rather than now.

Home of Barca Fans