Fernando Torres

B

barcelonista

Still think this player has plenty in the tank and if by some good fortune he's available on the cheap this summer, wouldn't be a terrible idea to try and resurrect his career at Camp Nou

I'm convinced it's mental and given a different set of circumstances he could overcome his hurdle and regain his form

Even at his peak Torres has never been comfortable with the possession based and patient Spanish game style. He needs to play off the shoulder of the last defender. He'd be frustrating to watch at Barcelona, playing against 11 men behind the ball all the time, without having acres of space.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
it is not mental. Torres has lost his acceleration, and his ability to react fast. Just look at the chance he missed against United to make the game 4-2.
that miss was definitely lack of confidence. He did lose that extra pace though

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bojan has a goal every 195 minutes, Torres every 420

redeemer.gif

Bergkamp10

Just came across the video of Torres.

The difference between him at Liverpool and at Chelsea is staggering. I forgot just how good he was at Liverpool, some of the goals he scored was out of this world. He seems to have lost a good few yards of pace and he's nowhere near as dynamic. He's only 27 ffs. What a shame.

D

danumber10

The difference between him at Liverpool and at Chelsea is staggering. I forgot just how good he was at Liverpool, some of the goals he scored was out of this world. He seems to have lost a good few yards of pace and he's nowhere near as dynamic. He's only 27 ffs. What a shame.
kind of like the kaka situation.... or the Pedro situation right now. After injury they were never the same

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28

Jesus, I've forgotten just how good he was back in the day

Robbie

I don't know what's worse, that Torres had his 2012 scoring record matched by a goalkeeper, or that he's worth 50 million pounds.

Even Lescott will outscore him soon. :lol:

Maria

I don't know what's worse, that Torres had his 2012 scoring record matched by a goalkeeper, or that he's worth 50 million pounds.

Even Lescott will outscore him soon. :lol:

Bojan has outscored him this year..:lol:
It would be interesting to see what Del Bosque will do..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Play Cesc as false 9. Problem solved. Or just trust Llorente. He was better than Villa and Torres anyways.

Home of Barca Fans