Fernando Torres

Maria

HJ3Hwo.gif

Superfly

Banned
West Ham United chairman David Sullivan has revealed the club made an audacious attempt to secure Fernando Torres on loan in January. (Give Me Football)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that even West Ham believe they may have a realistic chance of securing the services of Torres - albeit on loan- provides a stark realisation of how far he has fallen from grace.

Robbie

West Ham had Tevez and Mascherano -- and they weren't nobodies either. They were the stars of Corinthians and lit up the 2006 world cup. To be fair, Torres needs a bit of time away from high profile matches to get his confidence back.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
West Ham weren't in the 2nd tier of english football at that time.....

Torres will be off to Atletico in the summer in a part exchange deal for Falcao I reckon.

B

barcelonista

Why would Atletico give away their top striker who they paid € 40 million for last summer and who's banging them in left and right (19 goals in 27 games) for Torres who hasn't scored for like 1.500 minutes or whatever it is? Maybe Torres + € 35 million.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
West Ham weren't in the 2nd tier of english football at that time.....

Torres will be off to Atletico in the summer in a part exchange deal for Falcao I reckon.

Considering Torres has negative value, the only way that would be fair is if it's Torres + 50M for Falcao.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Probably be £20m plus Torres for Falcao.

Remembering he came up through their youth system, they'd probably would take him "home".

Robbie

Falcao will stay at least 3 seasons before trying to leave, and Athletico wouldn't want to trade him for the worst striker in the world right now. Torres (at least until he proves otherwise) is finished at a footballer. Falcao hasn't even reached his peak yet.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Chelsea could try sending him to Atléti on a season-long loan deal (free of charge, Chelsea paying the wages) and hope that he finds himself

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Probably be £20m plus Torres for Falcao.

Remembering he came up through their youth system, they'd probably would take him "home".

I'm sure they'd love him back considering the club is run by idiots who care about positive PR more than being a good team, but they paid a small fortune (by non Barca/Madrid standards) for Falcao, who also replaced their two best players since 96. Falcao was good this year but the team as a whole was up and down, there's no way they are getting rid of him after one year unless it's for a profit.

dalitis8

Banned
I'm sure they'd love him back considering the club is run by idiots who care about positive PR more than being a good team, but they paid a small fortune (by non Barca/Madrid standards) for Falcao, who also replaced their two best players since 96. Falcao was good this year but the team as a whole was up and down, there's no way they are getting rid of him after one year unless it's for a profit.

Falcao cost Atletico more than 40m euros. That is high by anyone's standards. He cost more than Villa, Cesc, Asexis, Coentrao, Benzema, Xabi Alonso, David Silva etc.

Home of Barca Fans