Fernando Torres

ammarfcb

ze special one
well i still think he's great. it's just chelsea's not using him right. it's like chelsea bought a Ferrari and drove it like a Fiat :pep:

K

kingleo

Torres form was awful for about 6 months before Chelsea signed him, but now his form has picked up and imo he deserves to go to the Euro's. I think Torres will score goals for fun next season now that Drogba has left and Chelsea are going to get Hazard and Modric.

Ambrosia

so when did his sh!t form start?

at Chelsea? you are the one talking bo!!ox if you think it started at Chelsea.
In 2011, he scored more goals for Liverpool i.e. the single month January than he did for Chelsea the remaining 11 months.

So yeah you're talking utter bollox.

Ambrosia

:lol:

my child, his fall from grace started at Liverpool.

every man and his dog could see that.
As usual, you lack complete substance in your argument.

Here are some facts for you.

- He scored more goals in January (4) than he did for Chelsea in the remaining 11 months.

- In 23 appearances before he left for Chelsea (inc as sub) he scored 9 goals and this was under Roy Hodgson when Liverpool barely left their half.

- The season previous to that, in 22 appearances he scored 18 goals.

I've given you some substance. How about you give me something more than "i'm right because i say so"?

Cheers.

Hatem Ben Arfa

As usual, you lack complete substance in your argument.

Here are some facts for you.

- He scored more goals in January (4) than he did for Chelsea in the remaining 11 months.

- In 23 appearances before he left for Chelsea (inc as sub) he scored 9 goals and this was under Roy Hodgson when Liverpool barely left their half.

- The season previous to that, in 22 appearances he scored 18 goals.

I've given you some substance. How about you give me something more than "i'm right because i say so"?

Cheers.

his fall from grace started at Liverpool and got worse at Chelsea :)

Robbie

Couldn't have started at Liverpool. What fucked Torres over was not having midfielders that understood him, or a system that utilized his abilities at all. He was scoring regularly at Liverpool, even when coming back from injury.

The moment he put on that blue shirt, the goals instantly dried up.

zanela

People making excuses for Torres' shittyness. He missed plenty of sitters, and they weren't his midfielder's fault.

B

barcelonista

People making excuses for Torres' shittyness. He missed plenty of sitters, and they weren't his midfielder's fault.

That team was and is not functioning anyway. Torres took 66 shots all season. Lampard took 65. Mata took 65. Meireles took 50. And Sturridge tops it with 93. It's one hell of a frustrating team when your supporting cast all feel like strikers themselves. Even Messi is missing sitters when playing for Argentina where he is surrounded by ball hogs and a below par midfield and people wonder: "In a Barca shirt he would have burried that one."

I make a lot of fun about him. But let's be serious for a minute. You don't turn from a 0.64 goals per game striker into "not scoring for 1300 minutes" overnight just like that. He had injuries but nothing more serious than what Iniesta for example has suffered from so far in his career. He's clearly still got his pace.

Main reasons why he sucks:

- the team is not built around him but around Drogba
- the team's quality is not high enough
- his confidence is shot

We all know how even the smallest details can fuck up a striker's prolificness. Once Mancini started fannying around with Dzeko, he turned into shit after initially starting his PL career so brightly with 10 goals in 9 games.

Hope Torres scores for La Roja in his first game so the pressure of needing to score will be lifted.

Jenks

It's a myth that the Chelsea system is what screwed Torres. He got plenty of chances throughout the season and made a mess of them over and over again. He scores against Barca and then comes back to England and scores a hat-trick. Obviously it was all in his head.

torres.gif

Home of Barca Fans