FIFA Club World Cup 2011 - Japan - CAMPIONS DEL MÓN!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Apparently, they are champions of Asia. Makes you wonder how on Earth could they win the Asian CL? Are they an Asian version of Mou's Porto? :lol:

Actually if you knew how they won the Title you wouldn't be surprised at how poor they were yesterday. If I'm not wrong at the QF Sepahan of Iran beats them in both legs, but since the Iranian team made a mistake in playing a player who was already suspended in the first leg the AFC decided to announce Al Saad the winner of the first leg. Meaning the 1-0 lose has turned to a 0-3 win for them and Sepahan despite beating them again 1-2 in the second leg, was elminated and Al Saad went through.

Again in the final or the semi-final (not sure), they took a ball that the opponent sent out for the injury of a player and scored a goal instead of sending it back to them. That incident caused a brawl on the pitch. You can find out about that if you look around.

Maria

I want this trophy because we have lost 3 finals in the past(2 against brazilian teams) and because we have to show Pele who is the true best player in the world. But like I said, this should have been like a Supercup between us and Santos..at least the brazilian are trying to play football and make for a nice game.
As for Santos, their front line is pretty scary and, unlike ours, are not afraid to shoot from outside the box. Their problem is that they don't have control over midfield and, as such, the defence is shaky. If the players are motivated enough and don't let this problems affect them, we will win..but we all know that sometimes Barca's biggest enemy is Barca.

Last edited:

Maria

Actually if you knew how they won the Title you wouldn't be surprised at how poor they were yesterday. If I'm not wrong at the QF Sepahan of Iran beats them in both legs, but since the Iranian team made a mistake in playing a player who was already suspended in the first leg the AFC decided to announce Al Saad the winner of the first leg. Meaning the 1-0 lose has turned to a 0-3 win for them and Sepahan despite beating them again 1-2 in the second leg, was elminated and Al Saad went through.

Again in the final or the semi-final (not sure), they took a ball that the opponent sent out for the injury of a player and scored a goal instead of sending it back to them. That incident caused a brawl on the pitch. You can find out about that if you look around.

:facepalm:
That explains a lot.

X

xaviniesta

neyamr is already a more complete player cuz he score with his weaker left foot.

and obviously, he is better cuz he has already scored.

Last edited:

zanela

Like it wasn't enough that Villa was injured, they kept kicking our players until the 93 minute. Fuck this stupid tournament..it should have been only a match between Barca and Santos/ I don't understand what is the point to have us play teams like Al-Saad, who are worse than a Segunda B team.

No team (irrespective of its stature) has a right to be in a final, without earning it. It's easy to condemn an Asian club for deployin' a cynical approach, when Europe's elite (the Madrid, Inter, etc) have been guilty much the same. So can you blame Al-Saad? Besides, Injuries are a part and parcel of any sport and are sustained even without contact.
The FiFA club world Cup is a tournament contested by the continental Champions. May be Pep should consider withdrawing from the comp, as his team is too good to be playing a "team worse than Seganda B". But i'm sure he doesn't think that way. Say NO to Elitism in Football.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
No team (irrespective of its stature) has a right to be in a final, without earning it. It's easy to condemn an Asian club for deployin' a cynical approach, when Europe's elite (the Madrid, Inter, etc) have been guilty much the same. So can you blame Al-Saad? Besides, Injuries are a part and parcel of any sport and are sustained even without contact.
The FiFA club world Cup is a tournament contested by the continental Champions. May be Pep should consider withdrawing from the comp, as his team is too good to be playing a "team worse than Seganda B". But i'm sure he doesn't think that way. Say NO to Elitism in Football.

This.... and a thousand times, this. :worthy:

Nesser

And I thought Villa got hurt all by himself and had a prior tibia injury

but i guess its al sadd or fifa fault anyway

Science Kid

I want this trophy because we have lost 3 finals in the past(2 against brazilian teams) and because we have to show Pele who is the true best player in the world. But like I said, this should have been like a Supercup between us and Santos..at least the brazilian are trying to play football and make for a nice game.
As for Santos, their front line is pretty scary and, unlike ours, are not afraid to shoot from outside the box. Their problem is that they don't have control over midfield and, as such, the defence is shaky. If the players are motivated enough and don't let this problems affect them, we will win..but we all know that sometimes Barca's biggest enemy is Barca.

We've played 3 finals and won one,we haven't lost 3.;)

We've won the champions league 4 times,meaning we've competed for this trophy 4 times including this one...we won the last,so that leaves defeats in 1992 and 2006.

Maria

No offence Zanela, I'm all for playing with teams from countries who have no tradition in football, but this has nothing to do with elitism in football and has everything to do with Fifa's desire of winning more money. From 2005(when the format has changed) only once a team who is not a winner of CL or Copa Libertadores has reached the final:TP Mazembe.
And Uefa is doing the same thing with the EC form 2016, by increasing the number of NT's who are going to participate in this tournament..but hey, the more the merrier.
And if I wrote that was not because Villa's injury(he could have got that in training), but because of the way Al-Saad played and because I was very nervous seeing how they kicked Masche in the 93 minute..also I don't remember Inter being so cynical as RM or Al-Saad.

Maria

We've played 3 finals and won one,we haven't lost 3.;)

We've won the champions league 4 times,meaning we've competed for this trophy 4 times including this one...we won the last,so that leaves defeats in 1992 and 2006.

Yeah, sorry..we lost so many finals in the past that I got confused. :blush:

gazza

Rubbish competition it's just a way for fifa to make more money the sooner the top teams boycott it the better.

zanela

No offence Zanela, I'm all for playing with teams from countries who have no tradition in football, but this has nothing to do with elitism in football and has everything to do with Fifa's desire of winning more money. From 2005(when the format has changed) only once a team who is not a winner of CL or Copa Libertadores has reached the final:TP Mazembe.

You're all for playing teams from countries with no tradition in football, yet you're having issues with the participation of the AFC Champions. And advocating a straight off Santos-Barca final.
Corrupton is rampant, and not just confined to FIFA/UEFA alone. But apart from their desire to gain more money (football operates on it), these competitions offer a platform and experience to the less developed footballing nation and promotion of the game. A chance for people in these countries to watch and support their representative club/team take the global stage. Football isn't merely about the best team, but a celebration of human spirit and brotherhood. The more the merrier yes.

As for Inter being cynical - watch our group's home leg against them.

Reasonus

Oh yeah, I remember an Arab commentator on Al-Jazeera during a Barcelona game, I don't remember which one, who said that it's completely okay to ignore an injured player and continue playing because there is no rule that states otherwise and that it is the referee's job to stop the game. And he said all that while a player from the other team was on the ground (he got up after a few seconds) and Barcelona kept playing, he wanted to justify Al-Saad's actions by comparing them to Barcelona.

Some people accuse Rob Palmer of being biased against Barcelona, they haven't seen biased Arab commentators. One of them commentators said that Al-Saad's keeper was man of the match when he blocked Messi's freekick!

That was informative Razor. Thanks. I'm puzzled as to why would an Iranian team, in a professional tournament, play a suspended player?

Tell that to zanela. I dunno why did she even bring Inter alongside Real Madrid!

Barcelona did not make a big deal of it, but Mourinho's Inter played like thugs against Barcelona. Watch the game again and you'll see that Mourinho's approach hasn't changed at all. He's always been a douche.

Home of Barca Fans