FIFA Club World Cup 2011 - Japan - CAMPIONS DEL MÓN!

Manuel Traquete

Well, no matter what they say publicly, this game is just is not that big a deal for Barca, that will be a Santos advantage. The Barca players who might be the most up for this game could be the South Americans. Maybe Pep will start all of them, to take advantage of their motivation. Starting Adriano while he is still on a high from his brace in the last game could be a really good idea.

I hope this is a joke. How is a game that can give us an international trophy "not that big a deal"? It's the most important game of the season so far along with the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup and the European Super Cup.

You might not realize this now, but you will when we go through a barren spell in the future (hopefully a distant one). Winning a trophy, any trophy, is a a huge deal. A final can never be dismissed as "not that big a deal". For all we know, this could be our last chance at a trophy in some time, it's not like we're guaranteed to win La Liga and reach the CL final.

abual3bed1

I hope this is a joke. How is a game that can give us an international trophy "not that big a deal"? It's the most important game of the season so far along with the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup and the European Super Cup.

You might not realize this now, but you will when we go through a barren spell in the future (hopefully a distant one). Winning a trophy, any trophy, is a a huge deal. A final can never be dismissed as "not that big a deal". For all we know, this could be our last chance at a trophy in some time, it's not like we're guaranteed to win La Liga and reach the CL final.

well said .. winning a trophy that makes the world's champion is great .. if it's not a big deal then why travel all those miles to play only 2 matches??!!

but .. I guess if being the world champion will cost us more players getting injured .. then the hell with it .. maybe this is the point that every one saying it's not that important trophy are trying to go with ..

B

barcelonista

Stop being overdramatic. In no way is this competition more important than the last El Clasico was (lose against bitter rivals = 9 point gap in La Liga = game over = no CR7 mocking). :D

Manuel Traquete

Stop being overdramatic. In no way is this competition more important than the last El Clasico was (lose against bitter rivals = 9 point gap in La Liga = game over = no CR7 mocking). :D

It is a lot more important. El Clásico was one game in a league with 38 games.

Sunday's game is a final, decides a trophy. I think that our recent success has made people lose touch with how difficult and valuable winning a trophy (any trophy) is. With the unpredictable nature of football, for all we know this could be our last chance at winning a trophy in some time (hopefully it isn't), it's not like we're guaranteed to win La Liga or the CL.

I don't care if it's El Clásico, there's no way a game from matchday 16 of La Liga is more important than one that might allow us to add another title to our museum, an international title no less. Trophies are very hard to win (in fact, we were six years without one at the beginning of the decade), we shouldn't forget that just because we've been winning a lot lately. Winning El Clásico is extremely important for Barcelona (because of all the rivalry means historically and its importance to the La Liga title), but winning a trophy, whatever that trophy is, is infinitely more important, as I'm sure most will realize when we're no longer winning every trophy in sight.

I'm glad Pep doesn't have this mentality and takes every competition seriously. I'm sure our best players available will take the pitch on Sunday and do their best to bring more glory to the club. Just like in 2009, where Pep even shed tears after we won. Winning this trophy is the most important thing right now.

We need to win our 14th international trophy, thus equaling Al-Ahly and drawing closer to the leaders Boca Juniors and Milan (both have 18). I want the badge of honour currently in Milan's jersey (the club with the record of international trophies can use the badge of honour in every competition) to be transferred to our jersey in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I just have to say that if we do't win the game tommorow, I would bhe extremly dissappointed. We need to beat Neymar and show him he must come to Barca to improve. :cofffee:

dalitis8

Banned
It is a lot more important. El Clásico was one game in a league with 38 games.

Sunday's game is a final, decides a trophy. I think that our recent success has made people lose touch with how difficult and valuable winning a trophy (any trophy) is. With the unpredictable nature of football, for all we know this could be our last chance at winning a trophy in some time (hopefully it isn't), it's not like we're guaranteed to win La Liga or the CL.

I don't care if it's El Clásico, there's no way a game from matchday 16 of La Liga is more important than one that might allow us to add another title to our museum, an international title no less. Trophies are very hard to win (in fact, we were six years without one at the beginning of the decade), we shouldn't forget that just because we've been winning a lot lately. Winning El Clásico is extremely important for Barcelona (because of all the rivalry means historically and its importance to the La Liga title), but winning a trophy, whatever that trophy is, is infinitely more important, as I'm sure most will realize when we're no longer winning every trophy in sight.

I'm glad Pep doesn't have this mentality and takes every competition seriously. I'm sure our best players available will take the pitch on Sunday and do their best to bring more glory to the club. Just like in 2009, where Pep even shed tears after we won. Winning this trophy is the most important thing right now.

We need to win our 14th international trophy, thus equaling Al-Ahly and drawing closer to the leaders Boca Juniors and Milan (both have 18). I want the badge of honour currently in Milan's jersey (the club with the record of international trophies can use the badge of honour in every competition) to be transferred to our jersey in the foreseeable future.

The "Clasico" is way more important than the CWC will ever be. Football is much more than an enumeration of trophies. Past week's Clasico, was even more epic than usual, thanks to the fact that currently, Barca and Madrid are the two strongest teams in the world, the presence of Mourinho, the Messi-CR7 thing, the fights in the previous season, and so on.

The CWC, is something that few in Europe take into account.

X

xaviniesta

i don\t remember the exact number, but it was like 80/90% the league has been won by the club that has been succesful in the clasico's. it give more than just 3 points (in this case it was a classic 6pointer) it gives also the high morale for the rest of the season. i doubt that CWC has the same affect.

BUT when barca already are on some competition, they give their all and obiously going to win it.

M

mitkoa7x

This game shouldnt be compared to a Clasico, but its damn important non the less. Its either glory or disgrace.

F

Flavia

From barcastuff

Guardiola:
"Santos are strong in every area of the game, with a high level of individual technique."
"We'll try and stop Neymar touching the ball, and you have to do that by controlling the game. We'll try and disconnect him from the game."
"Danilo gives them depth. Ganso is a fantastic player with a huge talent and Borges is a forward who, if the ball drops to him, he sticks it away".
"We'll have to see how Alexis goes in training today and tomorrow to see if he can play the final.
"Some players still need medication to sleep but we're more adapted now."
"We never know when we'll play this again. You have to be ready to defend and attack well."
"It's getting to be a habit but being favourites doesn't give you any advantage."

FIFA have acceded to a request from the Club that the Barça players be allowed to wear T-shirts supporting injured team-mate David Villa.

Manuel Traquete

i don\t remember the exact number, but it was like 80/90% the league has been won by the club that has been succesful in the clasico's. it give more than just 3 points (in this case it was a classic 6pointer) it gives also the high morale for the rest of the season. i doubt that CWC has the same affect.

BUT when barca already are on some competition, they give their all and obiously going to win it.

It has the immediate effect of adding another international trophy to our cabinet. This shouldn't even be in discussion, a final is always infinitely more important than any single game in a 38-game league. Winning El Clásico is an amazing achievement for several reasons, but winning trophies is the club's ultimate goal.

The "Clasico" is way more important than the CWC will ever be. Football is much more than an enumeration of trophies. Past week's Clasico, was even more epic than usual, thanks to the fact that currently, Barca and Madrid are the two strongest teams in the world, the presence of Mourinho, the Messi-CR7 thing, the fights in the previous season, and so on.

The CWC, is something that few in Europe take into account.

Don't you mean La Liga is more important than the Club World Cup? With that I can agree, winning La Liga is probably the greater achievement.

But a final is always more important than any other single match. Dominating our rivalry with Madrid is awesome and incredibly important for the club (for historical reasons and the current conjecture), but winning trophies is the club's ultimate goal. A final supersedes every other game in importance.

And regardless of whether some people take it into account, you can be sure that the club does. I'm sure you remember Pep crying after the 2009 final (had never seen him cry) and the celebrations, you'll never see such emotions generated by a league game (unless it's title-clinching one, of course).

El Clásico is the greatest rivalry and the greatest club fixture in European football, but in no way is it more important than a trophy.

F

Flavia

Just saw Santos' coach interview. I think we can expect a parked bus. He said his team will play defensively and try to counter attack.

Manuel Traquete

Just saw Santos' coach interview. I think we can expect a parked bus. He said his team will play defensively and try to counter attack.

It is logical. They don't have the team to go all out against a full-strength Barcelona side. But I don't think they'll park the bus Mou-style, they'll just put more emphasis on defense and try to catch us on the break. They will not relinquish attacking, I think. They'll just be cautious, as must be any team facing us.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
From barcastuff

Guardiola:
"Santos are strong in every area of the game, with a high level of individual technique."
"We'll try and stop Neymar touching the ball, and you have to do that by controlling the game. We'll try and disconnect him from the game."
"Danilo gives them depth. Ganso is a fantastic player with a huge talent and Borges is a forward who, if the ball drops to him, he sticks it away".
"We'll have to see how Alexis goes in training today and tomorrow to see if he can play the final.
"Some players still need medication to sleep but we're more adapted now."
"We never know when we'll play this again. You have to be ready to defend and attack well."
"It's getting to be a habit but being favourites doesn't give you any advantage."

FIFA have acceded to a request from the Club that the Barça players be allowed to wear T-shirts supporting injured team-mate David Villa.

Great!

Home of Barca Fans