Franck Kessie

wisconsincule

That's a pretty smart way to build a competitive side. Find bargains that fit what we try to play. We'll never build a strong team only with kids, the veterans have improved but are still without any future, and we can't afford more than one big-money signing, not even that atm probably.

Even though we are forced to go after free players, it seems that’s the way forward for the future. I actually like that business model too. If the free player is a bust it’s much easier to move the player on as long as we don’t start handing out massive contracts to these guys. The transfer market is such a crap shoot anyways.

serghei

Even though we are forced to go after free players, it seems that?s the way forward for the future. I actually like that business model too. If the free player is a bust it?s much easier to move the player on as long as we don?t start handing out massive contracts to these guys. The transfer market is such a crap shoot anyways.

Same. I think it's extremely risky to go for 100m+ signings. For me, a rule inside the club has to be set that a player needs to be certified elite to demand such funds. The only player that fits the bill is Mbappe, and hilariously, he's going as a free agent :lol:.

It just shows the weakness of dumb galactico-type dealings.

Liverpool went at it extremely well and methodical.

Step 1) secure world-class manager
Step 2) compete for title domestically
Step 3) develop existing players, make reasonably expensive buys on weaker positions
Step 4) develop such framework and existing players to the max you can
Step 5) fine-tune the team and add 1-2 elite missing pieces

Last edited:

Joan

That's a pretty smart way to build a competitive side. Find bargains that fit what we try to play. We'll never build a strong team only with kids, the veterans have improved but are still without any future, and we can't afford more than one big-money signing, not even that atm probably.

Barca is also somewhat lucky with the timing of our rebuild or better to call it a squad overhaul. Plenty of players are running their contracts out and it has become a trend. Lets us seal some of those bargain deals that cannot hurt us much even if they don't work out as expected.

I also think Christensen and Kessie are worth close to 100m in the market with contracts not running out.

KingLeo10

Barca is also somewhat lucky with the timing of our rebuild or better to call it a squad overhaul. Plenty of players are running their contracts out and it has become a trend. Lets us seal some of those bargain deals that cannot hurt us much even if they don't work out as expected.

I also think Christensen and Kessie are worth close to 100m in the market with contracts not running out.

We deserve every bit of luck after blowing close to 700 M euros on the trifecta of Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann on fees + salaries combined.

serghei

Yea, that and some talent in La Masia, plus Xavi maybe being the right one, plus Barto out. Go at it in this formula for 2 years, and chances are we're back in the mix, and arriving at the point where we need 2-3 top-class players to aim for the top 3 spots. Hopefully by that time, we have better finances. Free players and opportunity signings won't get you all the way that's for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even though we are forced to go after free players, it seems that’s the way forward for the future. I actually like that business model too. If the free player is a bust it’s much easier to move the player on as long as we don’t start handing out massive contracts to these guys. The transfer market is such a crap shoot anyways.

I think you are right, however the thing is we could very well be on the receiving end of this trend, ie, more players behaving like Dembele. It will take away a good chunk of our revenue if that really become a trend, even though we don't typically sell players for a lot of money.

khaled_a_d

Romero saying Yaya Toure also helped recruit him to Barca lol

^^ Rakitic was great for us in 14/15 and 15/16 and then his level started dropping off rapidly.

His 17/18 season is really underrated, that 442 brought the best out of those veterans in the team

xXKonan

Rakitic got used up by the age of 29.

The dude was playing like 50+games a season mostly nonstop for club and country and the role he played for both us and Croatia, was demanding and that took its toll eventually.

wisconsincule

I think you are right, however the thing is we could very well be on the receiving end of this trend, ie, more players behaving like Dembele. It will take away a good chunk of our revenue if that really become a trend, even though we don't typically sell players for a lot of money.

Good point. I completely forgot we are going to lose Dembele in a similar fashion. There are no free wing options so we will ultimately have to spend money to replace him.

At any rate there seem to be more and more quality players letting their contracts run down so if we lose a few while signing others. It is what it is.

feggydinho

Kessi?'s salary will be ?4m net, but he could earn ?2.5m more based on bonuses. [@gerardromero]

Another report says that he'll earn 6.5m net and a possible 1.5m in bonuses, plus we paying his agent 10m as commission. This looks more realistic

Last edited:

gregorrin10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Kf61e11Ew
Romano with a fresh update.

Xavi apparently talked to him many times and convinced him.

I really hope Xavi knows what he is doing, but man...
If we pay him 6.5 net to flop and hinder the development of Gavi and Nico, I am gonna fucking lose it!

Nico is not that special, still very raw in my book. Might even loan him out somewhere next season, and it'd probably do him good with Kessie coming in.

gregorrin10

Here we go. After verbal agreement reached days ago, Franck Kessi? has signed as new Barcelona player until June 2026 - it’s gonna be four year deal, he joins as free agent from AC Milan. Kessi? will receive €6.5m net salary plus add-ons. Medical already completed. @FabrizioRomano

Fabrizio said the magic words. It's done. Fixed salary will be around 4.5M. Interested to see how he does here and how Xavi sees his role. Worst case, we sell him in 2024 or 2025 and still make a profit.

Home of Barca Fans