Franck Kessie

KingLeo10

Yaya Toure is underrated because of how he finished his career. Not many people remember that he started the 09 CL final for us as the CB and didn't give up much of anything to prime CR7 or Rooney :lol:

I would take prime Toure over prime Busquets any day, unless the intended team is Spain 2010 or Barca 2011. Then, Busquets is clearly superior.

Temptation

Yaya Toure is underrated because of how he finished his career. Not many people remember that he started the 09 CL final for us as the CB and didn't give up much of anything to prime CR7 or Rooney :lol:

I would take prime Toure over prime Busquets any day, unless the intended team is Spain 2010 or Barca 2011. Then, Busquets is clearly superior.

My god that Prime Yaya season at City was so insane.

Only people who watched him live that season will understand.

Absolute bulldozer.

He was like a brick wall with the silkiest of skills and killer end product.

Once he got going you couldn't even foul him let alone stop him cleanly.

Absolutely ridiculous season. Racked up 30 goal contributions from CM with 90% passing accuracy. Also took free kicks.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aye, would rather hear news on Gavi extension sooner.

Still, looks like a useful player but surely not what's most required. (DM or a full-back)

malvolio

different players, comparison makes no sense.

prime busi at DM > prime yaya at DM
prime yaya at CM/AM > prime busi at CM/AM

JamDav1982

Hmm, based on this video. https://youtu.be/R4tRFrAbnCM

Xavi probably likes his dribbling ability and strong presence. Not to mention he can score goals from midfield. Something we lack. Busi/Frenkie/Pedri ain't goal scorers.

Would fancy FDJ to get double figures playing a season in current role which is decent when he is being jack of all trades and covering for Alba/Busi one minute and supporting the fowards the next.

Neeraj

Breaking news from Spain. Leaky Puig has written an open letter to the socis demanding an immediate cease and desist of signings such as Kessie and Traore. The player is said to have given them an ultimatum which if crossed, will lead to Puig unleashing his wrath on the club and the city.

Shocking.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

You would but Pep didn't. Only the bandwagoners and myopic fans posing as cules underrate Yaya's time at Barca - he would've evolved greatly at Barca were it not for the emergence of Busquets

Last edited:

Sorin

Good signing imo. So what if we have many midfielders and others will be clearly ahead of him in pecking order, we are planning to play 50 to 60 games next year. Unless you think everyone will stay fresh and healthy for the entirety of the season then we will need depth which the acquisition of Kessie helps.

Besides he is another profile of player than what we have now, Xavi will plan on changing the tactics from time to time depending on who we face.

Having depth and a myriad of options is the best problem a coach can have.

Messi983

I'm sure another reason Xavi wants more depth is World cup during the season. Fixtures before and after WC will be even more congested than usual and most of our players will be away from the club for 6-7 weeks in November-December. Injuries will happen there and Xavi/Barca won't be able to do much about them.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing but looks like we have less injuries in last 2 months and some of that is probably already due to the changes Xavi and his staff made. I'm sure he will also do his best to prepare the team for next season but who knows in what state our players will return from Qatar, especially those that will go far in the tournament.

Gnidrologist

Think he wont be "eating away minutes" from anyone. Xaviball is as intense as Pepball in terms of total pressing of the opponent for 90+ minutes. It demands a lot of stamina and will accumulate fatigue. It's probably strategic signing to have swarm of players, especially mids, who can be interchangeable for this system. Obviously, like the most skillful will play the key matches, while likes of Kessie will be rotated in and out in easier matches and subbed in, when score is favorable. Don't forget that Gavi and Nico are far from finished products and will have to deal with being switched in and out until they mature. I like management that makes pragmatic signings with clear strategic point and this is it.
This also why Xavi wanted Torres. Not just as an attacker, but one, who will be very good in his high intensity setting. Still a bit baffled by Morata urges, but i can bet that at least 50% of that was because of his work rate off the ball both in attack and defense, which is why Lucho likes him too even tough he sucks as a scorer.

Home of Barca Fans