Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

To be honest, he strikes me as someone who loves the lifestyle of Spain too much to consider moving.

What you are saying is exactly Rakitic(like someone compared earlier). Haha.

He didn't want to leave Spain either and went back to Sevilla.

Frenkie is way too comfortable in Barcelona. He and his wifey love it there. Of course. It's a great city and great weather year around.

Bobo32

Yeah good video, I agree with his analysis. I thought what we saw from the beginning of the game was very promising, didn't really see them play that well under Xavi a lot. Then I agree with him that we should look at the players first for the downfall, I think the defenders were too quick to look for Stegen (and then too slow to show themselves again) and the midfield went hiding too much and didn't seem to demand the ball as they should.

But the structure seems good and fitting for the players, especially de Jong finds a new role that in theory should fit him (I have said before that he can't play midfield very well for Barcelona but this is a new role) and Pedri might fit well there too. Lewandowski and Fati are good CF options there too.

I wonder if the defense with Araujo, Kounde and Christensen is good enough to build from against high pressing teams?

JohnN

Yeah good video, I agree with his analysis. I thought what we saw from the beginning of the game was very promising, didn't really see them play that well under Xavi a lot. Then I agree with him that we should look at the players first for the downfall, I think the defenders were too quick to look for Stegen (and then too slow to show themselves again) and the midfield went hiding too much and didn't seem to demand the ball as they should.

But the structure seems good and fitting for the players, especially de Jong finds a new role that in theory should fit him (I have said before that he can't play midfield very well for Barcelona but this is a new role) and Pedri might fit well there too. Lewandowski and Fati are good CF options there too.

I wonder if the defense with Araujo, Kounde and Christensen is good enough to build from against high pressing teams?

Kounde hasn't been at his beat yet but that defense with a dm dropping back to help while Balde / Alba push up to provide another outlet should be good enough to break the press. Not the most technically gifted, but our other option is Garcia, who is suspect defensively and has a penalty per game I his toolbox.
We have to work on patterns to break the press surely.
The players have to be bolder also. Too many safe slow passes, invite more pressing and cause us to run out of options.

fergus90

Got subbed off for no other reason than for Xavi to provide Busquets his customary 60th minute introduction from the bench.

Should have hooked Gavi off at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans