Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kul_z

Good thing is that now whole of barca universe knows that he is the most important player, and that we suck badly without him. Bad thing is that we might bottle liga without him. What a fucking shitshow

xXKonan

FDJ and Pedri are the only two CMs we have that can effectively control and provide in the Build up with the ball. The others are utterly hopeless at this point.

Busi needs FDJ to even remotely look good now. Once FDJ got injured the guy reverted back and is a liability.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
FDJ and Pedri are the only two CMs we have that can effectively control and provide in the Build up with the ball. The others are utterly hopeless at this point.

Busi needs FDJ to even remotely look good now. Once FDJ got injured the guy reverted back and is a liability.
Saying reverted back makes it sounds like you are implying he wasn't a liability even with fdj covering for him ( i know its not what you meant lol)

serghei

Please come back fast. Best player in this team by a distance. Probably only real 100m player in the whole squad.

Since he got injured the midfield is terrible. Can't get any more clear that he's the key man there.

jamrock

It's a compounding situation, if the coach comes up with a plan that takes advantage of 4 midfielders & two are missing, you're gonna feel it, the injury to FDJ seems overly burdensome because he's the 2nd of the two that went down, if it was the other way around the impact would be the same.

We've seen how the team plays without De jong in la Liga at the beginning of the season, and Pedri fully fit and we were winning.

but we know this forum has short memories.

much the same way we kept winning when pedri went down & De jong was fit.

Both being out screw's the entire midfield.

But then again injuries are no excuse & all that.

Last edited:

feggydinho

It's a compounding situation, if the coach comes up with a plan that takes advantage of 4 midfielders & two are missing, you're gonna feel it, the injury to FDJ seems overly burdensome because he's the 2nd of the two that went down, if it was the other way around the impact would be the same.

We've seen how the team plays without De jong in la Liga at the beginning of the season, and Pedri fully fit and we were winning.

I think it has to do with the trio of De Jong, Pedri, and Dembele being out at the same time. Our games are so boring without them, in fact, it's painful to watch. I started to look out for interesting games from other teams cause i don't like polluting my eyes with boring games

jamrock

I think it has to do with the trio of De Jong, Pedri, and Dembele being out at the same time. Our games are so boring without them, in fact, it's painful to watch. I started to look out for interesting games from other teams cause i don't like polluting my eyes with boring games
I agree.

Horatio

You're welcome

Nah. If Pedri was there and it would midfield of him Busquets and Gavi, against Real our midfield would be overrun.

jamrock

Nah. If Pedri was there and it would midfield of him Busquets and Gavi, against Real our midfield would be overrun.
Kinda like we weren't overran away to Madrid with De Jong, busquets & pedri, oh wait (3-1).

Or against Man U we got "overran" with De jong.

But we can just keep it in the league and the first example debunks your point rather rapidly.

But we would have played 4 in Midfield that game with likely Roberto coming in for De Jong and who knows what would have happened then.

What we do know is both pedri & de jong being out is tough, but that would be the case for any team.

If injuries are allowed to be a valid "excuse".

Last edited:

malvolio

All the players that don't play are suddenly the best around. People mourning for Dembele, FDJ and Pedri right now. We got dumped in CL and EL with them in the team.

Either Xavi is an idiot or the players are not that good. Or both.

jamrock

All the players that don't play are suddenly the best around. People mourning for Dembele, FDJ and Pedri right now. We got dumped in CL and EL with them in the team.

Either Xavi is an idiot or the players are not that good. Or both.
To be fair to all 3,
I think the only we've played 2 games with all 3 on the field at the same time all of this season in Europe and those were both bayern games.

First game was probably the best 45 minutes we've played in about 1.5 years even though we lost due to lewa.

2nd game we were already out of Europe & playing with zero motivation.

For various reasons they all haven't been able to play all our most important games, this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans