Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

All the players that don't play are suddenly the best around. People mourning for Dembele, FDJ and Pedri right now. We got dumped in CL and EL with them in the team.

Either Xavi is an idiot or the players are not that good. Or both.
You pine for Messi who has been out CL in last 16 last 3 seasons and didnt win league in last two he was at club.

That what they are bringing him back for?

FDJ is Barcas best player and been by far the best vs Real Madrid this season even without Pedri and Dembele in team he was best player on park as Barca beat them 2-1 at home and 1-0 away.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

All the players that don't play are suddenly the best around. People mourning for Dembele, FDJ and Pedri right now. We got dumped in CL and EL with them in the team.

Either Xavi is an idiot or the players are not that good. Or both.
Wouldn't even have got close to winning the league without those 3. Most of our games would end 0-0.

JamDav1982

The Pedri, Gavi and Busi midfield was terrible and over run time and again by teams on the break.

Gavi in last two games is about as bad as it gets v Real. Utterly atrocious.

Gavi is a loose cannon and doesnt know how to play CM currently.

No player gurantees a win but FDJ and Pedri close behind are the two Barca miss the most. Dembele and Christ behind that.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

You pine for Messi who has been out CL in last 16 last 3 seasons and didnt win league in last two he was at club.

That what they are bringing him back for?

FDJ is Barcas best player and been by far the best vs Real Madrid this season even without Pedri and Dembele in team he was best player on park as Barca beat them 2-1 at home and 1-0 away.

Bit hypocritical when Frenkie was there with Messi in his last two seasons.

Disclaimer: I don't blame either for the absolute shitshow of a team we had.

JamDav1982

Bit hypocritical when Frenkie was there with Messi in his last two seasons.

Disclaimer: I don't blame either for the absolute shitshow of a team we had.

Haha no I am not blaming Messi in slightest... showing hypocrisy to make those type of points when player he pines for been in failing in CL and did not win league last two times at club.

Horatio

You're welcome
Kinda like we weren't overran away to Madrid with De Jong, busquets & pedri, oh wait (3-1).

Or against Man U we got "overran" with De jong.

But we can just keep it in the league and the first example debunks your point rather rapidly.

But we would have played 4 in Midfield that game with likely Roberto coming in for De Jong and who knows what would have happened then.

What we do know is both pedri & de jong being out is tough, but that would be the case for any team.

If injuries are allowed to be a valid "excuse".

It's not a knock against Pedri, but Frenkie is better at carrying out the defensive duties that Busquets' lack of pace bring. Pedri is more AM than Frenkie.
Busquets Pedri Gavi far likely to fall apart than Frenkie Busquets + any third midfielder.

Ideally we both have Frenkie and Pedri back as they are both part of our best midfield.

malvolio

To be fair to all 3,
I think the only we've played 2 games with all 3 on the field at the same time all of this season in Europe and those were both bayern games.

First game was probably the best 45 minutes we've played in about 1.5 years even though we lost due to lewa.

2nd game we were already out of Europe & playing with zero motivation.

For various reasons they all haven't been able to play all our most important games, this season.
We lost due to all the forwards having a bad game. Even though Lewa had the biggest chances.

I´m not blaming FDJ, Dembele and Pedri for our failures. But they can´t be absolved of criticism and put on a pedestal just because you can find alibis like they were injured, they weren´t motivated etc. We lose as a team and they´ve participated in the shit shows of this season. Just like they had a contribution in us being top of the league.

JamDav1982

Still wouldnt surprise me all that much if Xavi still thought could do without him.

He has some strange ideas.

Hopefully not and learned lesson.

Devils

Good for him. I was one of his bigger critics last season but he's become indispensable to the team this season.

Probably the most important player. Midfield looks 10x better with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans