Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
Some friends of mine mentioned a podcast where somebody said Frenkie is top 20 player in the world, others in the podcast thought he was crazy. Friends (PL-wankers) were pretty convinced about him NOT being in top 20 as well.

What do you think? Do we overrate Frenkie?

jamrock

about 5 people on Barca forum vastly overrate him lol.

I probably underrate him lol

But he's definitely not top 20.

Been listening to a couple of podcast & TV shows about Barcelona's league win and who they thought were the most important/best players in our league win

Not 1 soul mentioned FDJ, because clearly is MATS, Christensen and Araujo, in whatever order you choose.

But here the same 5/6 people honestly think he was our best/ most important player for us winning the league this year.

He's closer to the Leon goretzka's of the world, than the kimmich's.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Dunno all about that, but reason frenkie has to go ahead of christensen is as awesome of a transfer he turned out to be christensen had his breakout moment once Pique left first half of season ended and he played consistently full 90 minutes for 3 months from beginning of January until March until he got injured.

Other than that, Christensen been amazing for us when he does play.

Last edited:

jamrock

MATs
Araujo
Christensen
Pedri.

If someone wants to put FDJ at 5th I won't argue .

1 or 2, no shot, only on here from the same 5/6 posters do I hear that level of ridiculousness.

Kul_z

MATs
Araujo
Christensen
Pedri.

If someone wants to put FDJ at 5th I won't argue .

1 or 2, no shot, only on here from the same 5/6 posters do I hear that level of ridiculousness.
Pedri being sidelined when we stacked most important points? Give me a break

jamrock

Pedri being sidelined when we stacked most important points? Give me a break

Lol at you talking about important points as a negative to pedri.

pedri, who scored idk how many important game winning goals for us when the team needed it, like top players are suppose to do.

While putting in great performances when he was fit.

De jong running around & knitting things together doesn't top that.

Try again

ajnotkeith

pedri, who scored idk how many important game winning goals for us when the team needed it, like top players are suppose to do.

Try again
I'm not sure it is just running around and knitting things together, our ball retention and creativity has dropped significantly whenever he is out.

Making out he's just some kind of workhorse doesn't make sense even statistically where all his contributions are offensive basically.

jamrock

I'm not sure it is just running around and knitting things together, our ball retention and creativity has dropped significantly whenever he is out.

Making out he's just some kind of workhorse doesn't make sense even statistically where all his contributions are offensive basically.
Fair enough

behindbrowneyes

Always difficult to pick one player out and call him player of the season. Many players have to perform well if you want to win a league title.

22/23 La Liga title is the definition of offense wins games, defense wins championships. That's why I would pick the defensive unit with MAtS, Araujo, Kounde, Christensen and Balde as key for the success. Xavi should build on that and hopefully Barca can compete for longer in Europe than did in last few seasons.

jamrock

Always difficult to pick one player out and call him player of the season. Many players have to perform well if you want to win a league title.

22/23 La Liga title is the definition of offense wins games, defense wins championships. That's why I would pick the defensive unit with MAtS, Araujo, Kounde, Christensen and Balde as key for the success. Xavi should build on that and hopefully Barca can compete for longer in Europe than did in last few seasons.

I agree, but take out Kounde, some might get angry about it

JamDav1982

FDJ was better than Pedri this season clearly and say that as someone who rates Pedri.

Most important player in midfield and could see how much he was missed when not there.

Beat Real twice without Pedri and FDJ being best player on park both times.. just as he was better than Pedri in Supercopa game despite Pedri being good also.

Usual brigade who think Rabiot, De Paul, Fabian Ruiz can do job FDJ does still dont get it.

Best player on park as Barca beat Real 2-1 to secure the title as he was multiple times in getting better of their midfield.

Huge performances like when down to 10 men v Osasuna and MOTM and makes pass of season to win game in dying minutes.

Runs the game and gets world class assst v Espanyol to beat them 4-2 and win league.

Had MOTM performances at DM, CM and in double pivot.

Plenty more examples and has been best player across board but MATS/Araujo could easily be voted best player this season also.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Some friends of mine mentioned a podcast where somebody said Frenkie is top 20 player in the world, others in the podcast thought he was crazy. Friends (PL-wankers) were pretty convinced about him NOT being in top 20 as well.

What do you think? Do we overrate Frenkie?

He would get into every team in Europe and is Barcas best player.

Numpties under rate him.

EPL fans would not have any Barca player in top 20 either way so doubt it has any real relevance.

Kul_z

Try again
Cant believe you're acting like a teenager. Saying that FDJ was better then pedri doesnt mean automatically that pedri was shit, typical black and white point of view. FDJ like jamdav said survived with imhotep real madrid, while we got absolutely hammered in camp nou without him.

Pedri brings something else on the table, both had suffered from such incompetence upfront, its diabolical that pedri has that small amount of assists in season.

Andresito

Staff member
Cant believe you're acting like a teenager. Saying that FDJ was better then pedri doesnt mean automatically that pedri was shit, typical black and white point of view. FDJ like jamdav said survived with imhotep real madrid, while we got absolutely hammered in camp nou without him.

Pedri brings something else on the table, both had suffered from such incompetence upfront, its diabolical that pedri has that small amount of assists in season.
@Temptation

jamrock

Nah I didn't say you thought Pedri was shit, that couldn't be the case when he's our best most talented player.

I'm just saying re out winning of la Liga this season he was more impactful.

PS don't say someone is a teenager, then use the words "Imhotep" in your sentence to describe someone,.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans