Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Nah FDJ was more impactful.

Best player on park as put league to bed v Real etc. Was best midfielder on park as beat Atletico etc both when Pedri didnt play.

Pedri was good when fit but FDJ came into team and changed the side.

How can a Pedri goal from a yard be compared to FDJ being MOTM away to Osasuna when down to 10 men and losing to then set up winner in last min with pass of the season..

FDJ has been best midfielder/player on park in each of the 3 victories over Real etc. Had the better big games and been MOTM when Barca down to 10 and playing a CB/DM role while been MOTM as sole DM, double pivot and at CM across the season.

Ask Real Madrid players who the better of the two is when play Barca.

Co0ter

De Jong was easily our best midfielder this season. He had several standout performances in big games and we looked awful when he wasn't in the squad, no matter who else was available. Pedri improved a bit this season which is great, but still not as impactful and the glue of our midfield like when De Jong is there.

He's top 3 player of the season easily. Only Araujo and Mats also deserve it. The only way you can fairly choose one is to pick one of their names out of a hat.

Messigician

Nah I didn't say you thought Pedri was shit, that couldn't be the case when he's worst best most talented player.

I'm just saying re out winning of la Liga this season he was more impactful.

PS don't say someone is a teenager, then use the words "Imhotep" in your sentence to describe someone,.
Lmao

Kul_z

Nah I didn't say you thought Pedri was shit, that couldn't be the case when he's our best most talented player.

I'm just saying re out winning of la Liga this season he was more impactful.

PS don't say someone is a teenager, then use the words "Imhotep" in your sentence to describe someone,.
You're not saying, you're demanding. Whats the point discussing with you when you are subjective and your main argument is "nah, pedri is better, nah, fdj workhorse cardio merchant"
You can laugh on imhotep, or be offended for something thats should not really bother you. Typical teenager stuff.

Horatio

You're welcome
Wow. He doesn’t have a Dutch accent when he speaks English. It’s way closer to Spanish with a hint of Eastern-European. Moved a lot at a young age. That much is clear.

Dutch accent only comes through at the -er end of words.

Edit: Referring to Jordi Cruyff.

Last edited:

Dammie10

Eventhough he’s in form the last months I still think he should smell the danger much faster to create chances. He takes too much time and then the defenders are back at their place again. It’s all too comfortable with him like they’re leading today. That split second intuition to notice where to create danger must become better against the likes of a Man City.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Not sure why he has been getting rave reviews this season. He's been good but nowhere near the best player in the squad as some have mentioned. Apart from the odd drive and carry from defense through the lines of the opponent is there anything he does better than Gundo?

We could potentially get as much as 120m for this guy such is his stock and suitors. If your asking me, I'd be snapping hands off at that price.

jamrock

Not sure why he has been getting rave reviews this season. He's been good but nowhere near the best player in the squad as some have mentioned. Apart from the odd drive and carry from defense through the lines of the opponent is there anything he does better than Gundo?

We could potentially get as much as 120m for this guy such is his stock and suitors. If your asking me, I'd be snapping hands off at that price.

He's been very good, but definitely not our best player, that line gets repeated by about 6 posters here constantly & 1 particularly.

He's a player that excels in a double pivot system but outside of that, the 4 years he's been here showed, he's not world class or close to it like, some would have you believe.

If you're critical of him, his fans can immediately point to 5/6 games where he was excellent, not knowing they are helping to prove your point.

You can't point to 6/7 Excellent games for someone like rodri or any other truly world class players, because they produce those too constantly for those performances to stand out so clearly.

He's very good, but gets gassed as if he's one of the best in the world too often.

But this season after he fought his way back into the team he was one of our best players

Top 5.

Porque

He's a system player that offers alot of flexibility in a few of those systems (one time cracked by Koeman as a false cb in a back three, another time Xavi in a midfield quartet that Luxemburgo would be proud of).

With the way we setup next season I don't think we should consider his exit. A pure defensive pivot let's Pedri and FdJ flourish, and to a lesser extent Gavi once he recoups form and consistency.

With our limited room for moves this window and glaring holes (DMC, LW and perhaps RB though I think Kounde is fine there considering Xavi wants a fuckin Kounde esque profile in targeting Foyth, Azpi and Pavard) I don't think Frenkie is one to consider this window. And perhaps neither the next as that is goodbye Lewandowski time.

ajnotkeith

Completely different players, no point even comparing them.

ajnotkeith

He's been very good, but definitely not our best player, that line gets repeated by about 6 posters here constantly & 1 particularly.

He's a player that excels in a double pivot system but outside of that, the 4 years he's been here showed, he's not world class or close to it like, some would have you believe.

If you're critical of him, his fans can immediately point to 5/6 games where he was excellent, not knowing they are helping to prove your point.

You can't point to 6/7 Excellent games for someone like rodri or any other truly world class players, because they produce those too constantly for those performances to stand out so clearly.

He's very good, but gets gassed as if he's one of the best in the world too often.

But this season after he fought his way back into the team he was one of our best players

Top 5.
Rodri doesn't really have many standout performances. He is a constant 6/10 guy just like De Jong is described as (though De Jong really isn't).

Not really same position or players but De Jong undoubtedly is more talented than Rodri, possibly Rodri is functionally better for having been coached by Pep.

jamrock

Rodri doesn't really have many standout performances. He is a constant 6/10 guy just like De Jong is described as (though De Jong really isn't).

Not really same position or players but De Jong undoubtedly is more talented than Rodri, possibly Rodri is functionally better for having been coached by Pep.
Nah bruv, rodri is in no way a 6/10 guy, no from shape or way.

He's world class, constantly 8's.

Rodri would be better than de jong even if he wasn't coach by pep, he didn't become good when he went to city, he was class at Villarreal & AM.

As you said they are different players, I used that name but could substitute him for any truly world class player, point is you can't immediately jump to a game played by those kinda players to prove how good they are, because they produce consistently high class games.

But to say rodri is a 6/10, heeeeeelllll no, not one person who knows football would agree with such a Ludacris statement.

They're both 26 years old and rodri is at least 2 steps ahead of FDJ.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Nah bruv, rodri is in no way a 6/10 guy, no from shape or way.

He's world class, constantly 8's.

Rodri would be better than de jong even if he wasn't coach by pep, he didn't become good when he went to city, he was class at Villarreal & AM.

As you said they are different players, I used that name but could substitute him for any truly world class player, point is you can't immediately jump to a game played by those kinda players to prove how good they are, because they produce consistently high class games.

But to say rodri is a 6/10, heeeeeelllll no, not one person who knows football would agree with such a Ludacris statement.
Rodri was the worst rated player for spain in world cup.
He's good in pep system. Put Fdj instead of rodri in city and there would be no difference. Put Rodri instead of fdj in barca and he would be heavily exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans