Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

1. Rodri was played at CB at the WC, so if I have to explain anything more than that & that fact that your brought it up means I shouldn't even go any further, but why not.

Replace Rodri with FDJ their would be a absolutely massive drop off.

Like I said Rodri been doing this for 3 different teams now.

Rodri would start at DM for every single team on the face of the planet, BAR none.

(excluding Spain under Enrique Because he got a man crush on busquets 🤣).

Because that's what truly world class means, FDJ can't make such a claim.

Not won't debate Rodri vs FDJ anymore that shits too obvious.

Kul_z

1. Rodri was played at CB at the WC, so if I have to explain anything more than that & that fact that your brought it up means I shouldn't even go any further, but why not.

Replace Rodri with FDJ their would be a absolutely massive drop off.

Like I said Rodri been doing this for 3 different teams now.

Rodri would start at DM for every single team on the face of the planet, BAR none.

(excluding Spain under Enrique Because he got a man crush on busquets 🤣).

Because that's what truly world class means, FDJ can't make such a claim.

Not won't debate Rodri vs FDJ anymore that shits too obvious.
Fdj was played out of position almost all of his tenure in barca.

World class player would flourish in any position similar to his. Rodri is not world class. Period.

malvolio

World class player would flourish in any position similar to his. Rodri is not world class. Period.
Rodri world class in the same role FDJ is supposed to be world class - lone DM în 433. Rodri actually has proven to be good in double pivot role this season. FDJ is just a spoiled golden retriever who needs a certain setup to shine. Granted he never had Pep as manager.

jamrock

World class players flourish in any position? 😂.

Rodri been class for Villarreal, Atletico & after 1 season of settling man city, all at the same age as FDJ.

Single best defensive midfielder in the world right now.

Kul_z

Rodri world class in the same role FDJ is supposed to be world class - lone DM în 433. Rodri actually has proven to be good in double pivot role this season. FDJ is just a spoiled golden retriever who needs a certain setup to shine. Granted he never had Pep as manager.
It took awhile for someone to respond. We'll see how good he actually is in nations league finals when out of a golden cage that pep has builded.

malvolio

Just another spoiled multi-millionaire that cries about having to do his job.

I never saw current footballers complaining about getting 10M a year. Don't want more games? Stick to playing second division in the Netherlands and live like the average Joes that basically pay for your overinflated salary.

This goes for any hypocrite footballer. Don't want more games? Just boycott everything you want and see how your bank account is impacted.

kattanib

I never saw current footballers complaining about getting 10M a year. Don't want more games? Stick to playing second division in the Netherlands and live like the average Joes that basically pay for your overinflated salary.

This goes for any hypocrite footballer. Don't want more games? Just boycott everything you want and see how your bank account is impacted.
Even Pep addressed this during an interview right after winning the champions league .. there is a opportunity cost that comes with UEFA making more money; players get injured and tired, clubs pay the price, and players have less time to enjoy their personal life as well. Regardless of how much you pay a person, there is a line that once you pass no money can make you happy. Messi for example went to Inter Miami instead of Saudi because of his family

ajnotkeith

Kind of ironic that Frenkie wants to talk about UEFA being greedy and money hungry. After all, it's their organisation, they can do what they like no? If he doesn't like it, go to another club or federation? They should act in their interests.

Or so the argument went when it was down to him keeping the fat overinflated Barto contract.

It's cool for him to make that argument. But ironic it doesn't extend to other companies acting in their interest.

Messi983

Even Pep addressed this during an interview right after winning the champions league .. there is a opportunity cost that comes with UEFA making more money; players get injured and tired, clubs pay the price, and players have less time to enjoy their personal life as well. Regardless of how much you pay a person, there is a line that once you pass no money can make you happy. Messi for example went to Inter Miami instead of Saudi because of his family

Yep. Another point is that with increased number of games you negatively impact quality of most games but that's not something FIFA/UEFA care about as much as they can sell these games.

Players are not robots. Even if they are not injured (and Frenkie is actually one of those guys who is almost always available so he gets a huge workload both for the club and NT) they get physically and mentally exhausted.

If it would be up to me Barca would play 200 games a year because it's the only team I always want to watch (even when we're not at our best). But I know this is impossible so I would prefer 5 or 10 games less every season and those being of a higher quality.

And if certain number of games would be eliminated/reduced international ones are obvious choice. I don't even care much about Euros or WC these days but ofc those tournaments should and will stay. Qualifiers should be different though. Road to the WC for South American teams is especially brutal. 18 games combined with travelling (most top players ofc play in Europe) and high altitude games in La Paz and Quito.

Nations league are just glorified friendlies invented from UEFA for obvious reasons. Frenkie is absolutely right and he's not the only player who has "complained" about this. Why in the world you need to play for 3rd place in this meaningless competition than to make money?

malvolio

Yep. Another point is that with increased number of games you negatively impact quality of most games but that's not something FIFA/UEFA care about as much as they can sell these games.

Players are not robots. Even if they are not injured (and Frenkie is actually one of those guys who is almost always available so he gets a huge workload both for the club and NT) they get physically and mentally exhausted.

If it would be up to me Barca would play 200 games a year because it's the only team I always want to watch (even when we're not at our best). But I know this is impossible so I would prefer 5 or 10 games less every season and those being of a higher quality.

And if certain number of games would be eliminated/reduced international ones are obvious choice. I don't even care much about Euros or WC these days but ofc those tournaments should and will stay. Qualifiers should be different though. Road to the WC for South American teams is especially brutal. 18 games combined with travelling (most top players ofc play in Europe) and high altitude games in La Paz and Quito.

Nations league are just glorified friendlies invented from UEFA for obvious reasons. Frenkie is absolutely right and he's not the only player who has "complained" about this. Why in the world you need to play for 3rd place in this meaningless competition than to make money?
What about them playing at their best every game and not blatantly not giving a fuck when they want?

Barca had at least 2-3 games at the end of this season where the match was fixed. Celta match was non-combat basically.

Let them choose - more games and more money or less games but less money. At the end of the day that's where the money comes from, fans from all over the world that pay to see them(either on tv or live).

Messigician

All sources report Messi will earn more in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans