Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Leaks again that the club is "open" to the idea of selling him for 60m, which can be reduced even further
LOOL :lol:

How the mighty have fallen. From 80-100m of summer 2022, to the 40m-60m now
And yet, the has no intention to leave, he wants to fleece the club up to the last penny.
And yet no one is gonna buy him with a damaged ankle

It's written all over: he is staying up to the last day of his contract in 2026, when he leaves for free for a 2nd tier club most likely, as no one is gonna invest on him with a damaged ankle

JamDav1982

Should stay till end of contract. Best move for him unless gets something appealing obviously.

Also makes sense club trying to sell him when he wont renew and has 2 years left.

JamDav1982

For him, yeah. On our part we should just bench him in that case. It's not even pettiness for me, a player that plans to leave shouldn't be part of the project. And he's not important enough to bend to his will.

If Barca think benching him is the best idea they will do it.. lets see.

Lets just bench anyone that wont renew on Barcas offers. That will work out well.

After the club leak his contract etc... can do whatever suits himself and gloves off. The risk he takes is being benched etc if stays but that is his option to weigh up.

Quick way to create division doing that type of thing and benching a player paying for and clearly a starter.. along with being the one likes of Gavi looks up to as his reference at the club.

Players be looking up to board and wondering if next when wont agree a contract extension on clubs terms.

Would be amateur hour at club if started that.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

If Barca think benching him is the best idea they will do it.. lets see.

Lets just bench anyone that wont renew on Barcas offers. That will work out well.
Not necessarily my point. Benching him meaning not being a starter. Project should be centered around other midfielders then (which it will anyway imo). Quite frankly, it's hard to care apart from the financial aspect. He's good enough to offer value even if he's leaving in 2 years time. It's not like the Lenglets, Ansus of this world...

JamDav1982

Not necessarily my point. Benching him meaning not being a starter. Project should be centered around other midfielders then (which it will anyway imo). Quite frankly, it's hard to care apart from the financial aspect. He's good enough to offer value even if he's leaving in 2 years time. It's not like the Lenglets, Ansus of this world...

As I said.. if club think that they will do it.

FDJ as it stands when fit is a clear starter and for good reason.

If they want to let contract negotiations impact that then slippery slope but dont think they will.

FDJ should do what suits him and tell club to go fuck themselves with the political games.. contract leak etc will not be forgotten either.

Porque

You telling me Ten Haag wants guys like De Ligt and Mazrooney still, had signed Donny yet still hasn't begged Frenkie to join?

You doing us dirty mate.

jamrock

Man utd not giving their coach the one player he wants above them all, is down right disrespectful..

He should resign in the summer and go to a club that will fulfill his request.

Best solution for all parties involved.

jamrock

I like you as a poster, but if you throw dirt on fati the broken, name one more time bro, you think he came all this way, not to be King.

ONE
MORE
TIME

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I would like to see him with Gavi again. We looked solid then, and he performed the best at that time.
Maybe that or a good Box-to-box player beside him, doing defensive duties.

JamDav1982

I would like to see him with Gavi again. We looked solid then, and he performed the best at that time.
Maybe that or a good Box-to-box player beside him, doing defensive duties.

Dont think those two as a pair played all that much at DM together.. away at Villareal later in game they did.

For it to work it would have to be FDJ sitting DM again.. which makes sense as much better defensily there than other but it limits him a lot.

May be only way though as stands.

It could be nearer end of year before Gavi can even start regularly also.. let alone FDJ having no come back date yet.

draconifire

Dont think those two as a pair played all that much at DM together.. away at Villareal later in game they did.

For it to work it would have to be FDJ sitting DM again.. which makes sense as much better defensily there than other but it limits him a lot.

May be only way though as stands.

It could be nearer end of year before Gavi can even start regularly also.. let alone FDJ having no come back date yet.
Ya, that's true. I do think that FDJ works better beside a pivot who does that "sitting DM" thingy.
Out of all last years midfield combination, I saw us being more fluid with Gavi and FDJ in it and I like it a lot. But may be it was because Gavi was playing out of his mind for that short stint.

JamDav1982

Ya, that's true. I do think that FDJ works better beside a pivot who does that "sitting DM" thingy.
Out of all last years midfield combination, I saw us being more fluid with Gavi and FDJ in it and I like it a lot. But may be it was because Gavi was playing out of his mind for that short stint.

What games are you referring to?

Genuinely cant remember those two as a pair all that often and certainly when were it was FDJ the better of the two.

Gavi likes playing with him it looks like though as those two and Balde worked well enough in that title win year on the left.

Unless he calms down it will be a fair task for anyone to play DM beside Gavi week after week.

draconifire

I genuinely can't remember. I just remember liking what I saw, between them.
Maybe I am wrong there.
Genuinely cant remember those two as a pair all that often and certainly when were it was FDJ the better of the two
Not saying either was better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans