Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

You have no idea what the offer is and rescind it if they want.. doesnt appear FDJ wants to sign it anyway so no huge power play.

Club wont act in way you want..

Leaks say it's a downward renewal offer.
Of course it had to be.
Imagine the club offering him more than 25.2m or even more than 18m (current base)? :lol:

JamDav1982

Leaks say it's a downward renewal offer.
Of course it had to be.
Imagine the club offering him more than 25.2m or even more than 18m (current base)? :lol:

What leaks?

Dont really care either way as not sure what is relevant about that.

His current contract is based on 14.5m a season gross per yer.

Birdy

What leaks?

@TheEuropeanLad

JUST IN: Bad vibes around Frenkie de Jong. 4 months after his sprained ankle, The return of the Dutch midfielder remains a mystery. Nobody within Barcelona is currently able to predict when he will be available again. Hansi Flick is not counting on him until at least after the International break.

Meanwhile he earns €35M gross. Deco has tried to contact his agent to seek for salary adjustment, however all contacts have ended in failure, fueling the suspicions about the player trying to terminate his contract (which ends in 2026), and eventually leaving as a free agent. [
@fansjavimiguel
]

Frenkie de Jong - who has been injuries for 4 months - is the highest paid player in the team. He earns about €35m gross per season with deferrals. Deco has tried to negotiate with his agent for a downward renewal but all attempts failed. —
@diarioas

JamDav1982

All linking to AS..

Type that has Roncero writing for them..

Believe them or the leaked contract in Sport/Marca and FDJ referred to himself.

But regardless..of course they want him to renew for less that is a given.

I thought you meant that Deco had offered less on a renewal than offered previously.. so yes clearly would be a 'downward renewal' they want.

Point remains no idea what has been offered or rejected/ignored.

Maradona37

5 seasons already, and the best he has shown is meh
He can deceive people with his ball retention skills, which are truly great.
But when you take into account that he can't make a simple line-breaking pass from deep, that he is not that good at defending, and that he needs super special formation accommodation to show his best (which is far from the best of top players in DM position)
AND FIRST AND FOREMOST how much he costs the club each season

then he is not worth all that fuss

PS: if you take into account his recent never-ending ankle issue,
then it's even worse than that
He impresses simpletons who think having a 99 percent pass rate is the be all and end all.

When he was at Ajax he looked an amazing talent to me, and everyone else. But the proof is in the pudding given his time at Barca.

Five years of desperate underperformance and mediocrity and there's still lads clinging to him, coping and calling him 'one of the best mf in the world'. Maybe based on talent and a narrow range of skills, but definitely not based on performance and what he has shown.

To many football fans think of players in terms of what they could be on their best day, rather than what they are week to week.

Plus he turned 27 in May and guys still talk about him like untapped potential. Injury, underperformance when fit, taking the piss out of your club with his wages.

It's guys indulging wasters like this that has Barca in such a predicament. He's never going to improve and he's never going to ever again be a key player for a Barca team that wins anything substantial.

ajnotkeith

He impresses simpletons who think having a 99 percent pass rate is the be all and end all.

When he was at Ajax he looked an amazing talent to me, and everyone else. But the proof is in the pudding given his time at Barca.

Five years of desperate underperformance and mediocrity and there's still lads clinging to him, coping and calling him 'one of the best mf in the world'. Maybe based on talent and a narrow range of skills, but definitely not based on performance and what he has shown.

To many football fans think of players in terms of what they could be on their best day, rather than what they are week to week.

Plus he turned 27 in May and guys still talk about him like untapped potential. Injury, underperformance when fit, taking the piss out of your club with his wages.

It's guys indulging wasters like this that has Barca in such a predicament. He's never going to improve and he's never going to ever again be a key player for a Barca team that wins anything substantial.
Who in his position would you rank above him? You can term him as a 6, 8, DM, whatever you want.

I think there isn't actually as many as you think and the ones that are are players who we'd never be able to get.

Maradona37

Who in his position would you rank above him? You can term him as a 6, 8, DM, whatever you want.
Rodri
Bernardo Silva if you wanna call him a midfielder
Camavinga
Barella
Bellingham when he plays there, even if I am not a big fan he's done far more in recent years than de Jong and is 6 years younger too
Mac Allister
Valverde if you wanna class him as one
Mainoo even in potential (and I think he's a bit overrated)
Odegaard if included as an 8
At your own club, Pedri (when fit)
Joao Neves in future
Palhinha
Rice (even though I think he's generally a bit overrated)
Xhaka based on PERFORMANCE, not hype
Guimaraes

Like I say, not all hyped like De Jong, but generally better week to week, and a fair amount of them don't live in the hospital.

And probably numerous other players I have either forgotten, overlooked, am not aware of. And that doesn't include 15 year old prodigies coming through soon who will eclipse him.

Cue the laughter from the fanboy.

Maradona37

Like I say, majority of those players have performed substantially better than de Jong in recent seasons.

I didn't say he isn't more talented than some, but they actually do the business and he doesn't.

Maradona37

Jamdav and Maradona already going at it with passive aggressive posts and reacts
This is my last night on here anyway. Not putting up with this lad's nonsense and I know he's gonna do a Blanco and start stalking me from here on in.

Never had a problem on here until lads like him and Blanco started winding me up.

I will come back in May, or 10 years from now (if I am still alive) and say 'I told you so' when Man United are still in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans