Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Accounted for
No it isn’t

The whole plan hinges on FDJ cooperating

In the legal world we call this situation a power disparity

FDJ has all the power here as he is on big wages we need to pay

He’s comfortable in Barcelona,
He doesn’t have long to go on his contract and he has no reason to renew as it will be an inevitable pay cut

Leave for free and command a massive signing on fee at a club of his choosing

No brainer really.

We have nothing to threaten him with

JamDav1982

Indeed it does.

Cooperating to get same money paid as does now and freedom to move in two years time for extremely low fee.

Dont agree he is fixated on leaving for free.. just doesnt agree with clubs current offer.

JamDav1982

He has the freedom to move on 2 years time with no fee

Why would he reduce his signing on fee? Isn’t like the club will shift him to the stands

Yes but I dont believe that is his aim.. but needs it there as option if cant agree on renewal.

It is not as easy for clubs to give players huge signing on fees as think either.

Messigician

It is not as easy for clubs to give players huge signing on fees as think either.
Unfortunately it is, which is why players running down their contracts and leaving on a free is becoming more and more popular in recent times

Helps that agents and family get a cut too, leaves very little negotiating power for clubs

I too would like to get a fee for FDJ, but unfortunately reality is often disappointing.

JamDav1982

Unfortunately it is, which is why players running down their contracts and leaving on a free is becoming more and more popular in recent times

Helps that agents and family get a cut too, leaves very little negotiating power for clubs

I too would like to get a fee for FDJ, but unfortunately reality is often disappointing.

It isnt easy.. for certain players like Halaand/Mbappe etc yes as no one can really argue but much more diifcult after that.

Running it down gives them best chance of salary and options of who can bring them in.

As said.. dont believe his aim is to leave on a free but that doesnt mean has to sign first offer club give him or one he doesnt agree with.

serghei

I think it is bound for us to lose on De Jong as he is the last one of Barto deals. It would interfere with world order if something Bartomeu did turns out to be beneficial for the club. I do not believe it is possible.

Birdy

Here is a solution...

Renew FDJ contract for another 3 years past 2026.. reduces amortised cost by around by around 6/7m a season.

Agree to pay him 15m a season.. which is his agreed contract without the 4m or so deferred salary due in next two.

So still owe him 8m deferred salary.

Tell Frenkly that he will have a release clause of 20m in 2026 and of that 8m will go to him for deferred salary and the other 12m or so is to prevent a loss on books from amortised cost.

Everyones a winner.. save 22m or so for FFP in next 2 years and Frenkie leaves with no loss on books in 2026 to wherever he so pleases.

Genius.

Genius idea! :lol:
Let's have him for 5 more years on still high (15m gross) wages per season, while he offers far from that amount on the field

How did no one thought about it?

ajnotkeith

Genius idea! :lol:
Let's have him for 5 more years on still high (15m gross) wages per season, while he offers far from that amount on the field

How did no one thought about it?
Is he that bad though? I would still have him as one of the best midfielders in the world. There isn't that much quality out there.

Birdy

He needs to go simple as that.
If I were Deco I would have already retracted the offer on the table, to which he is not responding for almost a year

Even if he magically clicks this season under Flick (low %), I would still not offer him a new deal if he refuses to cooperate now.
Simple as that

JamDav1982

He needs to go simple as that.
If I were Deco I would have already retracted the offer on the table, to which he is not responding for almost a year

Even if he magically clicks this season under Flick (low %), I would still not offer him a new deal if he refuses to cooperate now.
Simple as that

You have no idea what the offer is and rescind it if they want.. doesnt appear FDJ wants to sign it anyway so no huge power play.

Club wont act in way you want..

Birdy

Is he that bad though? I would still have him as one of the best midfielders in the world. There isn't that much quality out there.

5 seasons already, and the best he has shown is meh
He can deceive people with his ball retention skills, which are truly great.
But when you take into account that he can't make a simple line-breaking pass from deep, that he is not that good at defending, and that he needs super special formation accommodation to show his best (which is far from the best of top players in DM position)
AND FIRST AND FOREMOST how much he costs the club each season

then he is not worth all that fuss

PS: if you take into account his recent never-ending ankle issue,
then it's even worse than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans