Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masetro10

If Frenkie is going to need surgery than unregister him from La Liga and sign somebody asap.

Also how's it taken this long to figure out he is damaged still? He is factually the player costing the team the most money this season 30m in wages.

What's next?

khaled_a_d

If Frenkie is going to need surgery than unregister him from La Liga and sign somebody asap.

Also how's it taken this long to figure out he is damaged still? He is factually the player costing the team the most money this season 30m in wages.

What's next?

There is no such thing as unregistering a player. We would have unregistered half of our squad in 2021 if that was the case.

There is injury exception that allow provisional registration of another player, and it needs to happen with a month of the injury.
So even if Frenkie goes under the knife (only a tier 2 source is saying that) we don't have a player exception.

Masetro10

There is no such thing as unregistering a player. We would have unregistered half of our squad in 2021 if that was the case.

There is injury exception that allow provisional registration of another player, and it needs to happen with a month of the injury.
So even if Frenkie goes under the knife (only a tier 2 source is saying that) we don't have a player exception.
Well that is unfortunate then. Hope he is alright. It's getting dire

JamDav1982

Crying shame.

Should have had surgery when first happened but one of many rushed back.. then he should have insisted on it rather than Euros attempt or attempt to come back earlier this season.

Another Barca medical shambles.

ajnotkeith

If he's having any major ankle surgery it will be at least two to three months till he comes back though even that is quite quick for the procedure by normal standards.

It depends what ligament (s) are affected but in general the ankle is one of the weakest areas of the body so any surgery on it has to be taken really slow in the recovery process.

Basically we may not see him until 2025.

Andresito

Staff member
Back against Girona my ass. Four months of recovery now. Wouldn't surprise me if they go for surgery and he's back around when Gavi is. Shambles.

An injury that was supposed to take six weeks to heal continues without improvement.

As per RAC1 and quoted by Sport, de Jong’s ankle remains tender, and in a fragile state. It has not improved much over the last month, and if he does test it out, he is at high risk of relapse. They go on to report that in order to return to full fitness, de Jong will likely have to undergo surgery, which would keep him out for multiple months. So far he has opted for a conservative treatment and is expected to come back towards the end of September

Birdy

Back against Girona my ass. Four months of recovery now. Wouldn't surprise me if they go for surgery and he's back around when Gavi is. Shambles.

An injury that was supposed to take six weeks to heal continues without improvement.

As per RAC1 and quoted by Sport, de Jong’s ankle remains tender, and in a fragile state. It has not improved much over the last month, and if he does test it out, he is at high risk of relapse. They go on to report that in order to return to full fitness, de Jong will likely have to undergo surgery, which would keep him out for multiple months. So far he has opted for a conservative treatment and is expected to come back towards the end of September

He is the biggest cancer the club suffers from right now.
The fact that he opted for conservative treatment against all interests of the club is telling...

If Laporta has any integrity left in him, he should at least try doing the same he did with Christensen, get his ludicrous wages out of salary space allowed, and send him the message that he is not in the plans if he doesn't take the surgery

khaled_a_d

If Laporta has any integrity left in him, he should at least try doing the same he did with Christensen, get his ludicrous wages out of salary space allowed, and send him the message that he is not in the plans if he doesn't take the surgery

That isn't allowed as he was injured more than a month ago.

jamrock

It has nothing to do with it. Frenkie isn't recovering like Gavi on the grass. His recovery consists of not putting pressure on his ankle to let it heal. When he's ready for the grass, you'll see plenty of videos of him.

Because this kind of injury isn't an exact science. You can only wait and hope the body heals the ankle or you decide to do a surgery. But a surgery is never an easy choice and always the last resort. And you can't force a player to do surgery anyways.

I was told he was already kicking the ball with gavi, guess that was my bad.

But they did show gavi in the gym, before he could go on grass, they know gavi is inspirational to the fans, while de jong is just another guy.

jamrock

This transfer is slowing going the way of Dembele, coutinho and cheese man.

He will end up leaving the club for free and having offered very little on the field.

I won't even say it's a barto classic from the standpoint of signing him in the first place, because I thought he would have been good for us, but since he's been here it's just one disappointment after the other.

He went the umtiti route and choose the national team over the club that's payng his wages,

we should cancel is contract 😂, I'm kidding

khaled_a_d

Using Google translate

According to sources close to the dressing room, Frenkie de Jong is expected to return at the end of September after the international break, but the club continues to be cautious with the situation of the former Ajax player.

According to RAC1 on its late-night programme 'Tu diràs', Frenkie is still suffering from problems in his right ankle and the situation is worrying. The Catalan radio station said that the ankle is very "tender" and that any blow or bad move could cause him to relapse .

Although De Jong is working to strengthen the affected area , the reality, according to sources close to the situation, is that his full recovery seems complicated without surgery, which would be the only viable option to completely clean up the affected area and thus leave behind the problems of instability in the ligament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans