Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

This tweet is indeed interesting.

This guy gets his info from Arab sources or Qatar.

So his info are sometimes incredibly accurate or sometimes plain wrong.

While the part about de Jong could be right, i dont see how the Koulibaly part is real. Koulibaly is a CB.

Devils

[tw]1083006693385084928[/tw]

Ajax offering more money, but in the end FDJ will choose Barca.

It's over.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1083006693385084928[/tw]

Ajax offering more money, but in the end FDJ will choose Barca.

It's over.

Far from over. This tweet is really BS with a lot of wishy-washy stuff such as "Barca THINKS the footballer wants to come here" and "FCB TRUSTS that the player will decide for them".

PSG is offering more money. Ajax would naturally prefer PSG's offer. Everything hinges on what De Jong prefers. And it doesn't look like we know what he wants. Sounds like wishful thinking and hope right now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yes, but what if Ajax doesn't accept our offer?

Most of the club's management and backroom staff have some sort of link to Barcelona, there is only one club Ajax would like FDJ to go to - the rest is merely agreeing on valuation. If player & agent are done, then what remains is Ajax & Barcelona agreeing on fee that presumably PSG have offered - Abidal et al will try to bring that fee down but as Overmars has commented before, the club needs to do things 'the right way', i.e. don't lowball

Devils

Far from over. This tweet is really BS with a lot of wishy-washy stuff such as "Barca THINKS the footballer wants to come here" and "FCB TRUSTS that the player will decide for them".

PSG is offering more money. Ajax would naturally prefer PSG's offer. Everything hinges on what De Jong prefers. And it doesn't look like we know what he wants. Sounds like wishful thinking and hope right now.

Stop spreading propaganda!

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...-would-like-to-play-with-lionel-messi-7036031

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...-de-jong-paris-saint-germain-matthijs-de-ligt

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/de-jong-is-devoted-to-barca-and-messi-6944715

Frenkie and his family have all stated multiple times it's their ambition to play for Barca!

Please be sure to read the articles as they contain actual quotes from the parties!

Vilarrubi

Like someone has said on this thread before... the only thing PSG can offer is more money.

Why would he not want to come to Barca... the Ajax-Barca link, Cruyff, Messi, Barca’s club history over PSG, better city, better climate etc if he does still choose money over these things then it says a lot about him anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Stop spreading propaganda!

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...-would-like-to-play-with-lionel-messi-7036031

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...-de-jong-paris-saint-germain-matthijs-de-ligt

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/de-jong-is-devoted-to-barca-and-messi-6944715

Frenkie and his family have all stated multiple times it's their ambition to play for Barca!

Please be sure to read the articles as they contain actual quotes from the parties!

I don't doubt that De Jong wanted to play for us before but we are talking about his decision right now in front of a better offer from PSG. From that tweet you posted sounds like PSG is not only offering Ajax more money but also offering De Jong himself more money (salary, signing bonus etc.).

Basically nothing is guaranteed at this point, for us and PSG.

Newcomer

Like someone has said on this thread before... the only thing PSG can offer is more money.

Why would he not want to come to Barca... the Ajax-Barca link, Cruyff, Messi, Barca’s club history over PSG, better city, better climate etc if he does still choose money over these things then it says a lot about him anyway.

There is one thing PSG can offer him that Barça cant though : absolute starting spot since we only have Verratti lol.

Anyway, it is good that saga is coming to an end soon. There have been too many articles about those Ajax youngsters and i don't think that much hype is good for them. I won't lie, i didnt watch a lot of them but the few clips i saw, de Jong had given a goal to Bayern and did the same to Zwolle (mistake giving 1v1 with goalkeeper that saves it and they score on the corner). Think people will need to be patient with them since they still need development and not hail them as the next Messi of midfield or defence. Messi was already a top player at this age.

Devils

I don't doubt that De Jong wanted to play for us before but we are talking about his decision right now in front of a better offer from PSG. From that tweet you posted sounds like PSG is not only offering Ajax more money but also offering De Jong himself more money (salary, signing bonus etc.).

Basically nothing is guaranteed at this point, for us and PSG.

It doesn't matter if PSG comes in with a better offer. Players decide where they want to go.

Just look at the recent transfers of Jorginho, Sanchez, Ronaldo etc.. Players ALWAYS decide.

Barcelona haven't even put in an offer yet so while PSG has. IF Barca puts in an offer (which all the news reporting emerging this week say we will), he will be ours.

George_Costanza

Hi guys !

How are you ?

Happy New Year !

Im logging here to correct some things you have said above.

Regarding Paris United : since their breakthrough that summer where Neymar and Mbappé moved to PSG where they were as good as PSG spokeperson himself, they are a lot hit and miss nowadays. Lot of wrong calls, lot of moves that they didn't see coming and even refuted when it started to be outed (Tuchel when they were saying some portuguese coaches will be appointed, Kehrer when they were sure it would be Boateng). However, they still have some infos but do not take what they say as gospel.

About your detective work, i have to point to your attention that those cases are unrelated to de Jong case. PSG, right now, has only 1 (yes 1 !!!) true midfielder who is Verratti. Before the season started, Tuchel wanted one midfield at all cost. Not only didnt he get one but he is about to lose two more with Rabiot, being out of playing team, and Diarra, who will retire. He stressed yesterday during press conference that we absolutely need 2 midfielders if we want to compete for anything, let alone win.
The Paredes, Weigl links are about this winter window to provide some depth in the midfield but it has been proven hard to accomplish since we have low on money due to FFP. In the article about Soler and Naingollan, they themselves say that it is highly unlikely. So it is just an article to fill a void (aka bullshit article).

Now lets talk about de Jong that is the real concern in this thread. PSG wants to seal the deal as soon as possible since they know he is highly coveted. A bit like when Barca sealed the deal for Arthur months ago before the completion. The different insiders of PSG and reliable journos surronding the club are saying the same thing : so far, PSG is in the lead. We have good relationship with Ajax, the player is pleased with the offer and is friendly with Mbappé (they talk to each other on phone). The club is very optimistic about a favorable outcome and they think that, unless UEFA pulls another trick in their book of FFP, it should be done. But, as you all know, until it is over, it is not over. Roma learnt the hard way with the Malcom fiasco. At this point, no one can tell at 100% what is going to happen.

So, to make it short : PSG is tight on money due to FFP during this winter window. Hence, they are going for cheap solutions for depth this winter. They intend to block de Jong right now for the summer window where they'll have fund to invest. They are also interested in de Ligt but are very far (to use %, you could say de Jong is 90% and de Ligt is 30%). Huge overhaul in the squad expected this summer (Cavani, di Maria, Meunier, Alves etc. maybe out).

We can always sell you good players such as :rakitic:

Newcomer

There is one thing PSG can offer him that Barça cant though : absolute starting spot since we only have Verratti lol.

Anyway, it is good that sage is coming to an end soon. There have been too many articles about those Ajax youngsters and i don't think that much hype is good for them. I won't lie, i didnt watch a lot of them but the few clips i saw, de Jong had given a goal to Bayern and did the same to Zwolle (mistake giving 1v1 with goalkeeper that saves it and they score on the corner). Think people will need to be patient with them since they still need development and not hail them as the next Messi of midfield or defence. Messi was already a top player at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans