Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Ok, didn't know about his agent saying that. Still think the negotiations will conclude in the summer.

All these things being said I would obviously want to have a deal in place this winter. Would also lift a burden off of us and we can focus on other important signings. Like back-up striker and LB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wait? The Dancing Pizzaboy said de Jong is coming to Barca? Well I guess it's over. This transfer is doomed.

Devils

But of course none of this matters, what matters is the club haven't negotiated with Ajax yet...who are asking for a steep price.

I'd be surprised if our valuation of him would be anywhere near 75m.

VN10

Ok, didn't know about his agent saying that. Still think the negotiations will conclude in the summer.

All these things being said I would obviously want to have a deal in place this winter. Would also lift a burden off of us and we can focus on other important signings. Like back-up striker and LB.

If Ajax is smart, they close the deal this window (obviously he wont leave until the summer, but you can close the deal already).
I mean, they should use this hype and cash it. The hype is probably going to simmer down a little bit resulting in a lower fee.

Thiago10

Clearly he will end up here, the only question remains how much we'll pay for him.

I'm very, very excited about this transfer. It's been years since we've had a dreamy midfield that Barca should allows have, but with additions of De Jong and Arthur, we might be getting there :wub:

Devils

Btw why would anything be resolved now and not in the summer transfer window? I mean, that's when the big transfers happen right?

Interesting point.

[tw]1083379254740561920[/tw]

Cuatro is reporting that the club isn't going to take chances with him like they with Griezmann and wait until the summer only for the transfer to collapse. The report says that Barca don't want to take any risk with FDJ and want to tie him down ASAP for the summer seeing as he has interest from other clubs.

Makes sense to me.

Sorin

From our point of view of course it would make sense to tie him to a deal now. Who wouldn't want that?

I was talking from Ajax' perspective because they have nothing to lose by selling him in the summer. Maybe in case he picks a serious injury but I doubt they think about that atm. But if De Jong really wants his situation to be clear in this winter then it could happen, obviously.

xXKonan

Miguel Rico is the most reliable Catalan Journalist when it comes to Barcelona if you guys are wondering how reliable he is.

Ajax

sup guys, followed most of this thread. Decided to register to give my 2 cents from an Ajax point of view

1. Frenkie is the real deal, generational talent. He does some stuff that you simply don't see often. Like he 'invented' a new role on the field. Dribbling from defense instead of passing. No tiki taka Xavi plays but tearing up midfields by walking past offensive midfielders who typically would prevent the DM from distributing the ball. He seems to take bizarre risks from time to time but hardly ever loses the ball. He passes 80% forward but plays backwards when he has no real options forward. What amazes me the most is how he always seems to make the correct choice. Also when he can pass the ball forward but that player is not in a favorable position he might decide to pass wide. Very impressive

2. One major concern would be the pressure. He seems all smiley and chill, good in front of the camera. No tattoos, same gf since 2014 etc. but there is a MAJOR difference playing for Ajax as, effectively, a youth player and being a 75m marquee signing at Barca.

3. Overmars has developed into a very, very shrewed manager. He attanged the PSG meeting in a public place with Maxwell present. Had the Ajax newspaper Telegraaf take pictures (or have some intern do it who 'leaked' it to the newspaper). That way he opened the bidding war big time. Nobody wants to miss out. The bottom price is set etc. He abused the newspaper a bit by making them present it as a done deal while only the clubs agreed.

4. Ajax wants to deal NOW. We will likely get eliminated by Real Madrid. By summer the hype is cooled down , injury risks, form dip etc. In June everybody will be talking about another player, who played CL (semi) finals.

5. Of course Frenkie prefers barca over PSG. Everything in him screams barca. However, form a tactical point of view, like that PSG dude pointed out, he might be a great fit at PSG.

In summary: 75m+ is the hyped up max price but you might end up with a player who will become part of the new core of Barca for years to come. As Barca, it seems worth the risk. Better take some risks then to buy a 50m player who will never, ever, become a superstar.

Ajax are by the way in a ridiclous trong financial situation. They have over 150m in their accounts. Their current squad is worth 300M+. 60M CL profits as of yet. Their annual turnover is +/- 100m. Its like Barca having 2 billion or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans