Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN10

Short term, PSG is the best move. But PSG is not a club you'd like to spend your entire career at.

Barca is a long term club, and sooner or later he'll become a starter.

That is very true.

But game time makes you a better player.
Not playing is a risk for your carreer, or at the very least its a risk because it could mean that the lack of game time will stop Frenkie from reaching his full potential.

If Frenkie rationalizes like this, I'm afraid Barca will need to give him guarantees.

gregorrin10

Fact is that Frenkie can become a starter for us in max. 2 years, and that's only if Rakitic stays. If not, Frenkie can walk into our starting lineup right away to join Arthur and Busquets. And even if he wouldn't be a starter right away, his versatility and being able to play CM, CDM and possibly even CB would guarantee him more than enough minutes anyway, so i don't exactly think not getting enough game time should worry him too much. I think partly it is about money of course, but i think we'll have a big edge because of Messi, FDJ simply seems to be in love with Leo, he said over and over again he wants to play with him bad, and that he'll need to hurry too, since Leo is already in his 30s now.

And we know Barca usually comes calling only once in a player's entire career, not only in 4-5 years, as long Messi is gonna be here. And if he goes elsewhere, especially to a prison club like PSG, he will lose the chance to ever play with Messi, for sure. So i don't think he'll waste this opportunity, at least i hope he won't. We just need to be fair and give him at least a comparable financial package that PSG would give him, and he'll be ours. And it seems we've already offered him that, if the reports about agreeing personal terms are true. Now we just need to do the same with the transfer fee to Ajax, who i don't think will object too much even if it's for those 10-15M, if Frenkie makes it clear that he wants to play for us. 60M plus throw in some incentives/bonuses (cause we know our Board loves that) in there, and i think it should be enough already. If not, we can always raise it to 75M flat, which is how much Ajax wants and they know they won't get more than that, if they agree close the deal in the winter window, which is what Frenkie himself confirmed, that he wants to do.

Last edited:

Riordon

We won't pay 75m for Frenkie for him to warm the bench. If he comes, he will start or be the first player to be subbed in. He needs to perform though otherwise he will face the same problems as Coutinho.

kollegah

If we get him it is ok, if not its better.
Still dont know why cruyffistas wetting their pants. Imo he is not that special not even close to busquets at his age.

BADGERBHOY

i might get lynched for this but looking at how were being run right now.. i don't blame him if he chooses PSGs project. even if we put the money aside, hes guarenteed to be a starter under a manager who values youth. sure, Frankie is a big Barca fan but that was Peps Barca.. not this shithouse we are now.

imagine: shit loads of money, getting to play with Neymar, Mbappe.. nice city AND guarenteed a spot in the first 11.. we can't offer him that as EVs bumboys Raki+Busi are guarenteed starters despite how shit they play.

we will continue to lose our pull on players the longer we keep this negative manager. look at United as an example, they have all the money in the world and could blow most teams out the water in terms of finance BUT no top talent wants to join them so they end up with average high priced players and alot of that is down to Mourinho.. it'll take a few years to shake that off

Burn the Witch.jpg

Thiago10

It's a silly argument, but the sole fact that FDJ continues to like all of our Instagram posts make me believe he would never choose PSG over us. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to send mixed signals on purpose and it would be 'dishonest' towards PSG, if he really as close to them as some media say.

Newcomer

It's a silly argument, but the sole fact that FDJ continues to like all of our Instagram posts make me believe he would never choose PSG over us. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to send mixed signals on purpose and it would be 'dishonest' towards PSG, if he really as close to them as some media say.

To be honest, people are putting too much faith in those social media things.

His girlfriend publishing being in Paris right now on Instagram has no weight in his move.
Him liking Barcelona stuff has nothing to do with his move either (he does like stuff related to PSG and Mbappé, Neymar).

What matters is to reach agreement with all parties involved.

So far, no club has succeeded in doing that.

If several clubs are succesful, then his preference to Barcelona Will be crucial.

xXKonan

I know G.O.A.L is banned on there Sam Lee who is very reliable for City news had this to say about FDJ.

Dwn_qcTXQAA106I.jpg

Riordon

If Spanish media are to be believed there should be an official announcement for Barca today.

No, they didn't say that. Esport 3 and MD said that we would hear more on jan 12, not an annoncement. Different football sites later said there would be an annocement.

Jair Ventura

No, they didn't say that. Esport 3 and MD said that we would hear more on jan 12, not an annoncement. Different football sites later said there would be an annocement.

Time's ticking. Not that Spanish media has ever cared about their credibility, but it isn't looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans